Carroll fights Gardner in practice...

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[/quote]
I'm not going to prove something by beating the **** out of my co-worker[/quote]

so you're an NFL corner back fighting for a roster spot.

what do you do?

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
I'm not going to prove something by beating the **** out of my co-worker

dhpackr said:
so you're an NFL corner back fighting for a roster spot.

what do you do?
I work as hard as I can. I know that the best way I can help my cause is playing good defense on Rod Garder, not beating him up. What are you on?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
so being in the NFL gives you the right to just fight people. ok.

yeah, carroll came to practice, ran up out of the clear blue sky and attacked rod gardiner. right.

or....were gardiner and carroll lined up against each other, carroll jammed gardiner to hard off the line of scrimmage, gardiner got pissed carroll got to physical w/him retaliated , then carroll grabbed gardiners face mask and then the two had to be seperated.

could that be what happened

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or did carroll say something about doing naughty things to Gardners mother.

Could that be what happened?

Is this where we're at now? Speculating on why the fight started, or who started it?

Nah, forget that. Ill just point out this is Carrolls 3rd fight in his 3rd year, add an arrest to that for good measure.

But yeah, Carrolls the victim.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[/quote]
I work as hard as I can. I know that the best way I can help my cause is playing good defense on Rod Garder, not beating him up. What are you on?[/quote]

yeah, i'm sure rod gardiner was severly beaten by carroll :lol: :lol:

what are you on dude??!!

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at it this way. Let's say I'm a computer programmer. I'm not a good one, so they only pay me 10k a year. Because my company believes me to be incompetent, they hire one of the best programmers around, and pay him 100k. This ****** me off, and I want my job back. One day, while I'm working, some guy from accounting comes into my cubicle. He tells me I'm a bad programmer, and gives me a little shove. Then, because I think it'll help me regain my job as the head computer programmer, I beat the ever living **** out of this accountant.

See how dumb that sounds?

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
Look at it this way. Let's say I'm a computer programmer. I'm not a good one, so they only pay me 10k a year. Because my company believes me to be incompetent, they hire one of the best programmers around, and pay him 100k. This ****** me off, and I want my job back. One day, while I'm working, some guy from accounting comes into my cubicle. He tells me I'm a bad programmer, and gives me a little shove. Then, because I think it'll help me regain my job as the head computer programmer, I beat the ever living **** out of this accountant.

lol

yeah it sounds dumb DH leave it a lone he had no right to take that aggression on Gardner he should of been a good Corner instead.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
or did carroll say something about doing naughty things to Gardners mother.

Could that be what happened?

Is this where we're at now? Speculating on why the fight started, or who started it?

Nah, forget that. Ill just point out this is Carrolls 3rd fight in his 3rd year, add an arrest to that for good measure.

But yeah, Carrolls the victim.

no one is a victim. its do or die time for these two players

how old are you? i guess 13 or 14.

you got two NFL players who are fighting for a rosteer spot w/two weeks of training camp left

you can't see the level of competition b/t these two players.

each one trying to get the advantage on the other one. get in the others head who is the stronger more physical guy. the winner gets a job playing for the greatest team, in the greatest stadium, in front of the greatest fans.

the loser is on unemployment
you get it now?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
not if its obvious the guy is 10 times better than me.

and if this is the excuse ur making for the man(which is a bad one)...why not fight Woodson...or is that next weeks marque match up?

Yet Cory Rodgers can tote a gun outside a nightclub and it's ok. Oh wait......that was a TT guy, it doesn't fit your argument, oops

you dont understand logic and trends, do you?

Rodgers - 1 incident

Carroll - 4 incidents

and yeah, i wasnt\am not pleased with what Cory did at all. but yeah...go ahead and make things up. Its the only way your arguments make sense these days.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll and Gardner are not fighting each other for a job. In fact, neither of them are really fighting for a job. If they worked hard and had no incidents, both would have made the team without any contest. Your logic makes no sense.

I'm walking away from this thread before I have a stroke.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah im going to the madden midnight release party at the gamestop near my house.

(yep, im a nerd alright)

later crazy folk!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:

really dumb, but no one beat the crap out of anyone. and they are not programmers, they are NFL players fighting for a roster spot or unemployment.

get it now?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
Carroll and Gardner are not fighting each other for a job. In fact, neither of them are really fighting for a job. If they worked hard and had no incidents, both would have made the team without any contest. Your logic makes no sense.

I'm walking away from this thread before I have a stroke.

you think carroll and gardiner are sure things to make this team?
'cause i sure don't.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO It is good to see that tromadz still has his boy crush on Carroll.

Jere is a first hand report on the incident from one in attendance:

cheyenne11 said:
Howdy Y'all. I was at practice today and saw the scuffle between the two. Carroll was guarding Gardner down the sideline. After the play was over there appeared to be words between the two and they went at it. It didn't last long as a couple of players jumped in right away. It seems they both got over it quickly because there were no problems after that.

One thing that I thought was funny is that on the very next play Favre went right after Carroll deep. It was incomplete, but if Favre had taken just a bit off of it, Carroll would've been burned. I thought it was great that Favre tested him right away. Hopefully Carroll learns from this and becomes even more focused because if a fight like that happens during a real game, the other team's QB will attack him. Favre's got a lot of savy!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Cory Rodgers incident stemmed from him not signing autographs in a bar. He was in the back of a convertable and wanted the dozens of fights to stop in fear of his own safety. He (extremely stupid move here) shot off his gun staight into the air.

He shouldn't have even had the gun, period.

I really do not see how someone can even remotely relate this with Ahmad Carroll constantly starting fights with his teamates.

Carroll has punched Joey Thomas, scuffled with Javon Walker, punched a Detroit Lion Player in the balls after returning a kick, taunts after making a slightly good or better play and now he grabs Rod Gardners facemask and while doing so kicks Rod in the ... rod. and I didn't even mention his arrest because I don't know the details on it so I'll let that one slide.

Cory - his deal can be chalked up as stupid, but self defense.
Ahmad - I wanna like the kid, but his actions wont allow me.

If Cory continues that stupid behavior then he gets the same bashing as Ahmad, but until he EARNS it, keep Cory comparisions away from Ahmad. Show some respect.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the more aggressive fights of training camp occurred when wide receiver Rod Gardner objected to cornerback Ahmad Carroll holding him as he ran a route in an 11-on-11 drill.

Gardner shoved Carroll and Carroll started swinging, eventually kicking Gardner as the two exchanged punches. They both fell to the ground and it took about a dozen players to break up the fight.

"It's a hot day, Monday," cornerback Al Harris said.

"I think they just wanted to be on NFL Network," cornerback Jason Horton said. "They've been showing all the fights this year. They just wanted a little air time."

McCarthy didn't seem to object too much to the two defending their honor, but he wasn't thrilled with Carroll's actions

"The energy is fine; the kicking is not," McCarthy said.

There... Gardner didn't start it. And I agree with McCarthy. I'm fine if Carroll gets into fights every once in a while... but KICKING your teammate could seriously injure him.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
One of the more aggressive fights of training camp occurred when wide receiver Rod Gardner objected to cornerback Ahmad Carroll holding him as he ran a route in an 11-on-11 drill.

Gardner shoved Carroll and Carroll started swinging, eventually kicking Gardner as the two exchanged punches. They both fell to the ground and it took about a dozen players to break up the fight.

"It's a hot day, Monday," cornerback Al Harris said.

"I think they just wanted to be on NFL Network," cornerback Jason Horton said. "They've been showing all the fights this year. They just wanted a little air time."

McCarthy didn't seem to object too much to the two defending their honor, but he wasn't thrilled with Carroll's actions

"The energy is fine; the kicking is not," McCarthy said.

There... Gardner didn't start it. And I agree with McCarthy. I'm fine if Carroll gets into fights every once in a while... but KICKING your teammate could seriously injure him.

Gardner should get a good swift kick somewhere.
For being a former first round pick and achieving nothing he deserves a kick in the pants.
Back or front it doesn't matter to me.
There must be something or someone that could light this guys fire.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
4packgirl said:
i cannot believe i wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this!! :(

1324 posts, & never once anything worthwhile to say :lol: :lol: :lol:
You should talk..... :lol:

Seriously dude. If me, trom, and zero all agree on something, it has to be correct. That kind of once in a lifetime thing couldn't possibly be a fluke.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
dhpackr said:
4packgirl said:
i cannot believe i wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this!! :(

1324 posts, & never once anything worthwhile to say :lol: :lol: :lol:
You should talk..... :lol:

Seriously dude. If me, trom, and zero all agree on something, it has to be correct. That kind of once in a lifetime thing couldn't possibly be a fluke.

seriously dude. who is trom, zero and what pro team have they coached/ played for.

see, we all got opinions and they all stink

noone else had a problem w/the fight but you and whomever.

just a intense practice is all it was.

and on top of everything else, you said i'm done with this thread, and then come back with a weak post

move on kid if you don't like

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that ****** me off about Carroll is that....he is borderline taunting every time he opens his mouth. I fear his antics are going to cost us in a big way somehow. You CANNOT run the opponents bench jawjacking and not expect a flag to fly in this day and age. F@cker just will not get his head on straight. All the talent in the world, but a first-class punk.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I said I was done for the night. Oh well. Since I said that I was totally done I will be.