The "Hate That I Love It" Mock Draft

D

Deleted member 6794

Will Lane Taylor be ready to suit up by game day?

I guess Taylor should be healthy again by the start of next season but it's anybody's guess if he can be productive after missing two consecutive season because of injury.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm actually concerned that they believe in Lane Taylor that much to keep him around after 2 setbacks.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm actually concerned that they believe in Lane Taylor that much to keep him around after 2 setbacks.

For the record, Taylor is currently not under contract for next season. He might add some much needed, cheap depth down the road though.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I see foolishness in not recognizing Lanes ability to not just win a starting position once but twice and once off an injury.

Also foolish to expect he is capable of starting level play again, but as Capt said excellent cheap depth piece if he is wanting to play again.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FA I could see at most like a Lane Taylor type given his familiarity and cheap off injury.
Yeah and the nice part of that idea is that it could be done after the draft - because who knows how the draft will fall? GB has needs at OL, CB, DL, ILB, and WR - not necessarily in that order. They can add inexpensive depth to any of those positions in FA, again depending on who they get in the draft. I'd like to see a WR early, but after the first 3 or 4 guys go off the board (and that will happen before #29), there's only 2nd and 3rd round talent available. This really is a year where Gluten may take the BPA at a position of need with #29.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah and the nice part of that idea is that it could be done after the draft - because who knows how the draft will fall? GB has needs at OL, CB, DL, ILB, and WR - not necessarily in that order. They can add inexpensive depth to any of those positions in FA, again depending on who they get in the draft. I'd like to see a WR early, but after the first 3 or 4 guys go off the board (and that will happen before #29), there's only 2nd and 3rd round talent available. This really is a year where Gluten may take the BPA at a position of need with #29.

Taylor as discussed above got signed by the Texans.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taylor as discussed above got signed by the Texans.
Thanks for the update. Not sure what the Texans gave him, but my guess is that if GB wanted him they would have paid him. Even so, it's a another loss of depth/familiarity on the OL. Gluten has his work cut out for him keeping that unit functioning at a high level until Bakh returns. And with Linsley gone, I wouldn't be surprised if he picks an OL in the first round.

Members online

Latest posts