Cameron Wake ahead of CM3 in sacks by 1/2

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not Clay's fault... QB's have been constantly rolling away from him, but still... is he still in lead for DPOTY?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I think he needs to lead the league in sacks.

He's still ahead of Cameron Wake, because they'll also consider playing the run, and the overall impact he has. He also has 1 pick 6...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
his injury has really hurt his production. I dont want to be biased and say CM3 is ahead of Wake because I havent watched enough phins games to give a fair opinion, and I doubt many fans on here have either.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still something to consider how much he has produced even with the injury. Imagine what he would be doing if he were fully healthy? The guy is a BEAST even when wounded. I'll just have to be biased and consider him my pick for DPOY even though I haven't seen much of Wake.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Clay has so much more effect that goes unnoticed. He isn't getting sacks, but he's drawing extra blockers, he gets in the mind of QB's, he can cover WR's. There are a lot of reasons why he's still on top of the running for DPOTY.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay has so much more effect that goes unnoticed. He isn't getting sacks, but he's drawing extra blockers, he gets in the mind of QB's, he can cover WR's. There are a lot of reasons why he's still on top of the running for DPOTY.

This ^^^ If you are just looking at sacks, you are missing out on a whole lot of Clay. He probably gets in the head of offensive coordinators and gives them migraines the size of Percy Harvin. Night terrors I tell you!

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Miami game today and Wake is def an elite pass rusher but not nearly the complete player CM3 is. Wake is not as athletic and isn't as good a tackler against the run either. Don't get me wrong, both players are very good but I'll take CM3 any day over Wake and that would prolly be the consensus around the league. As for DPOY, I would just be happy if Clay does his part getting this team into the playoffs and hopefully secure a 1st round bye.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Miami game today and Wake is def an elite pass rusher but not nearly the complete player CM3 is. Wake is not as athletic and isn't as good a tackler against the run either. Don't get me wrong, both players are very good but I'll take CM3 any day over Wake and that would prolly be the consensus around the league. As for DPOY, I would just be happy if Clay does his part getting this team into the playoffs and hopefully secure a 1st round bye.

I took a look at some of those Miami highlights myself and I have to agree with you. Clay is more multidimensional and therefore can attack from many different angles.

I want to bring up another point, not to split hairs or sound overly biased but were there not 1 or more sacks that Clay was not credited with? The one I am thinking of and I apologize for not having the film on this, is the Redskins game before Clay left the game. There was a play where they (well Clay) had backed McNabb up some 15 yards (at least), Clay sacked him somewhere along the way, McNabb coughed up the football and the refs called an "aborted play". I still to this day have not figured out what in God's name is an "aborted play" but I remember screaming at the TV as if the refs could hear me, "that was a SACK, damn you!" Does anyone remember that play? If it comes down to a one sack margin of error, I am gonna go *******!

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
CM3 is for sure a more complete player than wake is. I've seen Wake get burnt badly trying to tackle in the open field a few times this season. CM3 has the tackling, sacking and hands of a Mongolian army. Wake also had to spend a few years up here in the CFL. (yuck)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We made Wake look pretty damn good too.
Without him, we would have beaten Miami.
Still, HOW THE HELL DID WE NOT BLOW THAT TEAM OUT?
Same with the Red Skins.
Those should have been 2 gimme's.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wake was a great find by the Dolphins, out of the CFL.
That is the kind of find that TT makes..... how'd he miss this one?

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After yesterdays game, Terrell Suggs has to be in the mix as well. What...A... Beast...

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think too many fans look at stats, the 9ers were so concerned with Clay that others got through, as far as I'm concerned, he's making plays even when he's not on the ball, taking two blockers like a NT? C'mon!
I'd like to see him get the numbers, but the truth is, this defense is far more powerful than any individual performances and that is as it should be.
DOMinate them!

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombo might actually be one of the diamonds in the rough. Love the dude, he has a good motor and is constantly chasing on the play. Plus he is a decent tackler. I think with some more exp he could be a great player.

I hope Jones becomes more a multi dimensional jack of all trades master of none kinda guy who makes the tackles occasionally gets the sacks and complements CM3 well... Unless he becomes a pro bowler! That would be nice but I think Jones could be a good all around player who is a solid part of the linebacker corp.