Brett admits he was at fault?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mayo44

No, his name isn`t Jack, but if you go continually spouting your CRAP and pointing the finger at him personally, he has the right to speak and defend himself.

I highly doubt he needs any blokes to defend his honor. Odd that you feel the need to do so when he is both perfectly capable to doing so on his own behalf and apparently doesn't feel the need to do so himself, but whatever.

NEWSFLASH........We are aware of YOUR opinion, and WE disagree !!!!! Okay ??? and now I`m going to ignore this and EVERY OTHER opinion you express so I don`t have to gouge my eyes out, or suffer high blood pressure. Have a nice day. Peace be upon you.

GOOD! :tup:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I highly doubt he needs any blokes to defend his honor. Odd that you feel the need to do so when he is both perfectly capable to doing so on his own behalf and apparently doesn't feel the need to do so himself, but whatever.
Blokes !!! was that an attempt at a put down ???....pmsl. I`d hazard a guess you did a lot of debating at college. Possibly even a mass debater some might say ?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre says a lot of stuff, so you have to accept what he does as a true measure of his thinking. Within a month of "retirement" ("I've got nothing left..") Sam Farmer of the LA Times reported that Favre's agent was shopping him around the league. Denied, of course, by Bus Cook. The rest is history. Talking to the Yikes on a Packers' phone, talking to the Lions, talk, talk, talk. Then playing the "retirement" ploy with the Jets (oh, by the way, I need my release during my retirement) in order to sign with his new favorite team. Bottom line: if the Packers try to have a ceremony at Lambeau to retire no. 4 anytime in the next decade it will be embarrassing for both parties for the boos that come raining down.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This is my last post on this subject until there are additional facts to comment upon. As I posted before, no one is changing anyone's mind on this subject and unless mayo44 is going for the record of most posts on a thread, what's the point? BTW, mayo44 posts with the fervor of one of the so-called Packers fans who embarrassed themselves protesting in favor of Favre back in 2008. (I'm not saying he was, only that he posts as if he were.)
Oh please, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they should also be willing/able to defend that opinion in the face of scrutiny.
You aren't offering any scrutiny. Your "argument" can be boiled down to 'it will happen eventually' and 'Murphy, Thompson, and Rodgers are OK with it so all of you have to be too (or you're petty and bitter)'. BTW reconcile "everyone is entitled to their opinion" with the nonsense you've posted (listed in my previous post) and get back to me. (Better yet, don't.)
Seriously? You think that a man who is the epitome of patience and control is going to hold a meaningless grudge for 5 years just because Favre came out of retirement? You must think awfully low of his character.
I have the highest regard for Thompson, I just don't pretend to read his mind as you do. BTW I only pointed out your absurd statement, "…I guarantee you with absolute certainty…". By that statement, you were guaranteeing with absolute certainty what someone else is thinking. That's about as foolish as it gets: It's something you can't possibly know.
Not so fast. My position is that it needs to be done before Canton. But if it were to happen this year, that would be okay too.
Read over what you've posted. You're calling posters names and demanding everyone believe as you do but you're OK with it happening sometime within the next 3 years? Then why all the emotion and mischaracterization - there's plenty of time, right?
Again, for what? For un-retiring? For wanting to play elsewhere when he knows the train has left the station in Green Bay?
This is another example of your misdirection and warped thinking on this subject. Favre has admitted he was partially at fault, right? How about he apologize for that? He also should apologize for stabbing the Packers and their fans in the back as has been detailed in this thread and elsewhere.
Does Ted also owe an apology to Packer fans for not having the foresight to see the inevitable train wreck that could have been avoided if he has simply traded him ASAP?
Thompson has nothing to apologize for - all he did was deal with someone in his mid-30s as if he were an adult. I assign no blame to Thompson for that ending up not to be true.
BTW, I was a steamed at Favre as anyone in 2008.
You post as if that's not true. There is plenty of evidence not to believe what Favre says and your posting in this thread is evidence not to believe this statement.
… if the actual parties who were involved are grown up enough to put it behind them, then why should anyone else continue to harbor bitter resentment? But that's on you, not me.
First, I harbor no "bitter resentment" towards Favre. I've never started a thread about him and I only think about him when someone else brings him up. When I do think of him, I consider him a traitor to the franchise that made him rich and famous. Second, unlike you I don't have a problem with others having a different opinion, but as a Packers fan I am also an aggrieved party and I think for myself. And here's another concept you may struggle with: Whether or not Eva Kor forgave mengele has no bearing upon my forgiving him. Again, I almost never think about mengele but when I do I think of him as the personification of evil and feel no need to forgive him.

Over two years ago I wrote this post on Favre. There's a "tricky" analogy in the post so be careful reading it. (Or don't.) http://www.packerforum.com/threads/retiring-favres-4.22286/page-3#post-301963

BTW, I am not the forum "police" regarding anything. Like every other poster I pick and choose what and who I respond to. I'm responding to you on this thread because IMO your posting on this subject has been ridiculous.

Finally, my name isn't "Jack" and neither is my forum name. ThxJackVainisi is an homage to Jack Vainisi who was mostly responsible for providing the talent Lombardi maximized. He's mostly a forgotten yet a crucial participant in Packers history. It's not a big deal but I would appreciate it if when referencing me you all would use either "TJV" or "Thx" in honor of Vainisi.

M

mayo44

Blokes !!! was that an attempt at a put down ???....pmsl. I`d hazard a guess you did a lot of debating at college. Possibly even a mass debater some might say ?

No, actually it wasn't. I just find it hilarious that you think you need to fight other people's battles for them, especially when no real battle actually exists.

M

mayo44

Bottom line: if the Packers try to have a ceremony at Lambeau to retire no. 4 anytime in the next decade it will be embarrassing for both parties for the boos that come raining down.

And that will be the day Packer fans join the ranks of Eagle fans. That said, I doubt that's what'll happen, as long as they do it before the majority of the attendees are drunk yet.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Okay, then produce some kind of evidence that supports your supposition that Favre is still holding a grudge because I just produced a direct quote which indicates that he doesn't. By evidence, I means something other than because you say so.

Since I'm not trying to convince anyone else of my suspicions, (or care what anyone else thinks), I think "because I say so" works quite well here. :)

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Huh? What? No,man. I believe you'd get your as$ kicked saying something like that.

I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.

That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

D**n straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.

Well, not all chicks.

Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.

Good point...

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
And that will be the day Packer fans join the ranks of Eagle fans. That said, I doubt that's what'll happen, as long as they do it before the majority of the attendees are drunk yet.

If the rat fink doesn't handle the situation correctly it will. It's easy to schmooze the front office, he's going to have to do something concrete to convince the fans he's sincere...more than what's been done so far.

(Pause for the "he's already done enough..." "what do you want, public flogging?" "You're just being petty" rebuttals)...

M

mayo44

Whether or not Eva Kor forgave mengele has no bearing upon my forgiving him. Again, I almost never think about mengele but when I do I think of him as the personification of evil and feel no need to forgive him.

You missed the point. What he did to her was infinitely worse that what Favre ever did to anyone remotely associated with the Packers. The reason she did so was because it was the only way for her to find peace of mind again. She was practically shunned for a while by most of her fellow Auschwitz survivors. They continue to be haunted by thoughts of the past every day, while Mrs. Kor has finally been able to put it behind her and enjoy her life. There are parallels. And no, before someone tries to go there, I'm no Eva Kor and neither is any of the other Packer fans who are ready to move on and stop dwelling in the past.

BTW, I referred to you as "Jack" because I DON'T KNOW YOUR REAL NAME. I thought that was obvious enough because yes, I'm well aware who Jack Vainisi was.

Finally, some words from the wise and I'm done:

'Forgiveness may be the greatest virtue on earth, and certainly the most needed'Gordon B Hinkley
'The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.'Mahatma Gandhi
'To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.'Lewis B. Smedes

Peace to you all.

M

mayo44

If the rat fink doesn't handle the situation correctly it will. It's easy to schmooze the front office, he's going to have to do something concrete to convince the fans he's sincere...more than what's been done so far.

Correction: "some fans" not "the fans"

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Finally, some words from the wise and I'm done:

'Forgiveness may be the greatest virtue on earth, and certainly the most needed'Gordon B Hinkley
'The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.'Mahatma Gandhi
'To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.'Lewis B. Smedes

Here's another:

Favre is a prima donna with a Messiah complex who fell in love with the sound of his own name. "PackFanInChiTown

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Okay, then produce some kind of evidence that supports your supposition that Favre is still holding a grudge because I just produced a direct quote which indicates that he doesn't. By evidence, I means something other than because you say so.

Here's some better evidence via logical conclusion:
Favre's history of saying one thing then doing another leads many to conclude he is a liar.
You use as evidence a quote made by Favre.
Many fans are logically suspicious of taking the man's words at face value, based on his history, and desire more proof before they believe him.

It's nice that you take everything he says at face value but not everyone else does. We're able to acknowledge Favre could be lying about this topic, you don't seem to be able to because you're argument so far seems to be: "Favre said it so you have no evidence..."

M

mayo44

Favre's history of saying one thing then doing another leads many to conclude he is a liar.
Many fans are logically suspicious of taking the man's words at face value, based on his history, and desire more proof before they believe him.

What kind of proof are you talking about? Apparently, your whole spiel about apologies is contrived drivel because what would it matter if you wouldn't believe him anyway?

M

mayo44

Believe it or not ... even I get tired of my own Favre nonsense, lol.

I'm getting there. What it boils down to is this thing will be resolved soon enough (before Canton for sure) and few fans are just going to have to get used to the idea that the Packers moved on without them.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
What kind of proof are you talking about? Apparently, your whole spiel about apologies is contrived drivel because what would it matter if you wouldn't believe him anyway?

More than what he's said/done so far. Let him appear at a charity event on neutral ground with Ted or Mike. Maybe he can 1-2 more appearances/announcements where he issues a sincere apology to the fans.

It comes down to wanting to see/hear more than what he's demonstrated so far.

Contrived drivel? Tsk tsk tsk...

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

It's nice that you take everything he says at face value but not everyone else does. We're able to acknowledge Favre could be lying about this topic, you don't seem to be able to because you're argument so far seems to be: "Favre said it so you have no evidence..."

Brett has flip flopped on quotes..

Or as I been told, he just changed his mind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts