Brett admits he was at fault?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

20+ posts later on the same topic and it's pretty clear what a crock this was (like a Favre retirement).

Most folks are annoyed by mayo's quibbling nature and yet you keep egging him on.

Jesus, Bill, learn to read and reason: if you haven't been quibbling, then those comments probably weren't addressed to you, were they? You say you've been following this thread; I assume you're familiar with the posts that preceded mine.

...Several pages of "mayo baiting" later, can we all agree that nobody's opinion on this topic is going to change?

This topic is old- nothing valuable or original is being said. Lock it, LTF.
Sorry, it was NOT Mayo baiting as you put it Badger, it was Mayo repeatedly banging on with the same purile argument despite people clearly not buying into it.
As I said before in a previous comment, it was like dealing with a Jehovah witness or Mormon at your door, I RESPECT their views, but I don't agree with it, and I expect them to respect mine. I don't, and didn`t appreciate the CONSTANT attack(I`m right and you are all wrong stuff), and I didn`t appreciate being told how to spell either. Mayo has HIS view, and as you saw, SEVERAL of us disagreed. You yourself piped up with your "Get a %$&£*!% life" remark, and your threat of giving "OLD" rating ?, not lost any sleep since or in the future, that's your right and I accept your right to do so. I`ve got a life thanks, and it doesn`t involve hero worshipping a low life like Favre. I doubt he reads the forum and if he does, he`d hardly contact Mayo or you and say "Thanks for all your support guys, come over and have a beer sometime ". Once again, and hopefully for the last time, I RESPECT your opinion, honest I do, but PLEASE PLEASE respect mine. Job done !

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Objectively, I see three posters on the same side of the issue egging on the one weird guy with the pathological need to have the last word (mayo). You've taken the popular position: the "my position is being attacked" explanation seems a bit contrived.

As for my "Get a ****ing life" remark, I only suggested that this is what Rodgers was basically telling people with some of his recent comments on Favre. The comment wasn't directed at anyone and it's a shame you were bothered by it. Whatever. Seems like you're itching to quarrel.

Gotta go- my Brett Favre Hero Worship Fan Club (BFHWFC) meeting starts in a few minutes. :rolleyes:

I

Objectively, I see three posters on the same side of the issue egging on the one weird guy with the pathological need to have the last word (mayo). You've taken the popular position: the "my position is being attacked" explanation seems a bit contrived.

As for my "Get a ******* life" remark, I only suggested that this is what Rodgers was basically telling people with some of his recent comments on Favre. The comment wasn't directed at anyone and it's a shame you were bothered by it. Whatever. Seems like you're itching to quarrel.

Gotta go- my Brett Favre Hero Worship Fan Club (BFHWFC) meeting starts in a few minutes. :rolleyes:
I`m not even going to dignify that with a comment. I tried to be polite, but I obviously wasted my time......lol Enjoy your meeting, I hope find a phonebox to get you all in :D

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I don't particularly care either, except I quit stirring the pot long ago. You should think about that. Perhaps, after several pages of ChiTown, FlatLander, and Bill "mayo baiting," we can we all agree to disagree and ****?

This topic is old. Lock it, LTF.

It appears you don't care for the topic, might I politely suggest you stop clicking on it then and focus on other areas and let those who may decide to keep discussing it do so freely w/o your "you're talking about a topic I don't want you to keep talking about so you need to stop because I don't care for it" posts?

Respectfully Submitted,

ChiTown

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't particularly care either, except I quit stirring the pot long ago. You should think about that. Perhaps, after several pages of ChiTown, FlatLander, and Bill "mayo baiting," we can we all agree to disagree and ****?

This topic is old. Lock it, LTF.

Um ... I just got here, brand new to the forum and I sure as hell am not "baiting" anyone. I'm merely participating in the thread and sharing my views and he shares his and there's replies, etc. I hardly think this constitutes as "baiting".

I

Well I think we should all be ashamed of ourselves :oops:. I feel terrible.........wait a minute...no I don't !

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m not even going to dignify that with a comment. I tried to be polite, but I obviously wasted my time......lol Enjoy your meeting, I hope find a phonebox to get you all in :D

...Except you dignified it with a comment. Brilliant.

It appears you don't care for the topic, might I politely suggest you stop clicking on it then and focus on other areas and let those who may decide to keep discussing it do so freely w/o your "you're talking about a topic I don't want you to keep talking about so you need to stop because I don't care for it" posts?

Respectfully Submitted,

ChiTown

I know, I can't imagine I'm participating in a conversation I'm interested in when someone else doesn't want me to... :cry:

Good idea, ChiTown. Without mayo, this "conversation" probably would have died off some time ago. No need for me to further prolong it.

Hope you all enjoy agreeing with one another and circle-jerking to what an ******* Favre is.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Hope you all enjoy agreeing with one another and circle-jerking to what an ******* Favre is.
We were enjoying ourselves just fine until you came along, I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves just as much when you're done criticizing everyone for talking about things you don't want us to talk about. :p

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I certainly have no problem with it. If you look at the picture of Favre on my dartboard, and look real close, it sorta resembles this ... :poop:

Please exercise due diligence, and rate my post as Old again. That red alarm clock thing is, well, kinda cool.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Objectively, I see three posters on the same side of the issue egging on the one weird guy with the pathological need to have the last word (mayo).
Speaking of that, I disagree with your categorization of Mayo and believe your description of him is bad form. It is obvious Mayo is someone with Christian values who believes in the power of forgiveness. Engaging us in debate and trying to encourage us to question or resentment toward The Favre for the sake of finding forgiveness in our hearts is not, IMHO, a "pathological need to have the last word," nor would I describe him as "weird."

So reward us, good Sirrah, and absent thee from this most-enjoyed topic, else we shalt be forced to hurl Elizabethian taunts at thee, and none should desire such a fate!

For thine face is not worth sunburning & thy brain is as dry as the remainder biscuit after voyage! Deliver us from thine churlish, venomed infections thee toad-spotted Fustilarian!
Out of our sight! Thou dost infect our eyes. How now, wool-sack, what mutter you? You starvelling, you eel-skin, you dried neat’s-tongue, you bull’s-pizzle, you stock-fish–O for breath to utter what is like thee!-you tailor’s-yard, you sheath, you bow-case, you vile standing tuck!

Away, we say, and plague us no more with thine unwanted objections. We shalt speak ast we desire!

Then shall our names, Familiar in his mouth as household words-
longtimefan the King, Flatlander and BuggyBill, 13 Times and Oshkosh, PFICT and FrankRizzo-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red. This story shall the good man teach his son;
And the birth date of Lombardi shall ne’er go by, From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that speaks of the Favre with me Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition; And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Vincent’s day!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have Christian values, and I believe it's only the job of God to forgive, to judge, the conduct (or misconduct) of Favre.

I just think he's as much of a Packer-family guy now as an American with Al Qaeda is, over in Pakistan or Iraq or Afghanistan.

Let's let Brett Favre simmer for a few years, that's all.

He's not a Packer, he left hating the Packers and dreaming of beating us, playing with the enemy.
He made that bed so let's let him sleep in that bed for a few more years, what good is he to us now?
The dude LOVES the media, always has loved seeing his name scroll across the ticker on ESPN, etc.

He's the king troll, stop feeding him.

I tried burying this stale thread yesterday with 15 posts in other threads, and it keeps being resurrected like a dead zombie.

This is my final post on Favre until Canton, period.
I'm talking about Packers only, or guys who left us with class (see Kampman, Al Harris, Reggie, Woodson, Chuck Cecil, Edgar Bennett, Robert Brooks, even Longwell....)

I

Speaking of that, I disagree with your categorization of Mayo and believe your description of him is bad form. It is obvious Mayo is someone with Christian values who believes in the power of forgiveness. Engaging us in debate and trying to encourage us to question or resentment toward The Favre for the sake of finding forgiveness in our hearts is not, IMHO, a "pathological need to have the last word," nor would I describe him as "weird."

So reward us, good Sirrah, and absent thee from this most-enjoyed topic, else we shalt be forced to hurl Elizabethian taunts at thee, and none should desire such a fate!

For thine face is not worth sunburning & thy brain is as dry as the remainder biscuit after voyage! Deliver us from thine churlish, venomed infections thee toad-spotted Fustilarian! Out of our sight! Thou dost infect our eyes. How now, wool-sack, what mutter you? You starvelling, you eel-skin, you dried neat’s-tongue, you bull’s-pizzle, you stock-fish–O for breath to utter what is like thee!-you tailor’s-yard, you sheath, you bow-case, you vile standing tuck!

Away, we say, and plague us no more with thine unwanted objections. We shalt speak ast we desire!

Then shall our names, Familiar in his mouth as household words-
longtimefan the King, Flatlander and BuggyBill, 13 Times and Oshkosh, PFICT and FrankRizzo-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red. This story shall the good man teach his son;
And the birth date of Lombardi shall ne’er go by, From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that speaks of the Favre with me Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition; And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Vincent’s day!
Bloody hell, I`ll have a pint of what he`s having !!! :laugh:

I

I have Christian values, and I believe it's only the job of God to forgive, to judge, the conduct (or misconduct) of Favre.

I just think he's as much of a Packer-family guy now as an American with Al Qaeda is, over in Pakistan or Iraq or Afghanistan.

Let's let Brett Favre simmer for a few years, that's all.

He's not a Packer, he left hating the Packers and dreaming of beating us, playing with the enemy.
He made that bed so let's let him sleep in that bed for a few more years, what good is he to us now?
The dude LOVES the media, always has loved seeing his name scroll across the ticker on ESPN, etc.

He's the king troll, stop feeding him.

I tried burying this stale thread yesterday with 15 posts in other threads, and it keeps being resurrected like a dead zombie.

This is my final post on Favre until Canton, period.
I'm talking about Packers only, or guys who left us with class (see Kampman, Al Harris, Reggie, Woodson, Chuck Cecil, Edgar Bennett, Robert Brooks, even Longwell....)
That's what we wanted all along. :rolleyes:

M

mayo44

I`m just "fed up" as we say here, with some members of the forum, BANGING ON trying to change my mind.

Did it ever occur to you that you can simply CHOOSE not to participate in this topic? Or have you not yet been familiarIZED with that concept? And it's called debate. If debate bothers you, stay away from web forums, eh?

M

mayo44

Speaking of that, I disagree with your categorization of Mayo and believe your description of him is bad form. It is obvious Mayo is someone with Christian values who believes in the power of forgiveness.

Ah yes. Right on schedule. Cue the anti-Christian bigotry. It's kind of like the old "****** Rule."

M

mayo44

Good idea, ChiTown. Without mayo, this "conversation" probably would have died off some time ago. No need for me to further prolong it.

Let's test that theory. Here's MY final post on this thread. I bet it won't be the last.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Did it ever occur to you that you can simply CHOOSE not to participate in this topic? Or have you not yet been familiarIZED with that concept? And it's called debate. If debate bothers you, stay away from web forums, eh?

You know it is familiarized and not familiarIZED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts