Biggest offseason mistake

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a complete a** kicking last night. The Packers were physically whipped on the line of scrimmage. No amount is X's and O's is going to fix that. The Packers are a soft team with a great qb.
Seems like MM is becoming more of a "snake oil salesman"each of the last few years we hear that this is the "best group I have seen since I've been here"but it's the same reoccurring problems,blah,blah,blah!Players have become way to comfortable under MM.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still don't understand how one bad game (against a team who played flawlessly and has been literally unbeatable at home during prime time recently) erases all the good from the month before.

It does not make sense to draw conclusions about the team based on one game alone. The NFL changes from week to week. The Redskins are close to the Cowboys right now, but they are nowhere nears as good a team. The Steelers just beat the Colts, but if they played again tomorrow, I'd take the Colts.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still don't understand how one bad game (against a team who played flawlessly and has been literally unbeatable at home during prime time recently) erases all the good from the month before.

It does not make sense to draw conclusions about the team based on one game alone. The NFL changes from week to week. The Redskins are close to the Cowboys right now, but they are nowhere nears as good a team. The Steelers just beat the Colts, but if they played again tomorrow, I'd take the Colts.

Agreed, but conclusions about the ILB position on this team definitely aren't based off one game.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers' run D is almost dead last. It's a train wreck. The reasons are well known. The problems with this defense are not a 1-week thing.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest Offensive mistake GB made up to now and for the rest of the year is to not go for it every 4th down. It will be a huge mistake to expect anything from our sorry defense.
As many of you I am sick and tired of seeing defenders who can't drive through tackles or knock anyone back on impact. In the end of the day Capers must go! After signing Peppers to a huge contract I was expecting much more from this unit. Much more then being the last ranked Rush Defense. It's been an embarrassment period.
Oh and as far as I'm concerned don't draft another Defensive player from the Big 10, Pac 10, ACC, etc. Only draft Defensive Players from the SEC please.

In the end of the day I really expected our Defense to feature Jolly, Raji, Daniels and Pickett on the Defensive line with Peppers, Mathews, Hawk, & Lattimore at LineBacker. The defense would have had the Pass Rush but more importantly with the addition of Peppers as an OLB at 6'7" 285 would have made us a much more formidable run defense.

I'm just venting & fantasizing because our defense still sucks!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers' run D is almost dead last. It's a train wreck. The reasons are well known. The problems with this defense are not a 1-week thing.

Agreed, but conclusions about the ILB position on this team definitely aren't based off one game.

Not all conclusions I've seen are based on just this game. The ones about how this team is overall from one game are off base to me.

Just scrolled up and found this was the wrong thread to post this in as I didn't see much, but there are plenty in other threads.

Members online

Latest posts