Bears studs n duds

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Watson
Dilion
O Line

Defense still have fits with running QB.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
GB fans in Chi-town, and all the other studs already said
duds: middle of the field defense, giving up deep plays

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaire is a Dud for everything he did today EXCEPT the INT.

Rodgers is a Dud for playing less than his best but getting the W

Everybody else was just somewhere in the middle for me today.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best turn around from 1st to 2nd half; ARod, Defense
Clutch: Lazard and Watson
Biggest play of the game: Jaire
O line played well
Dillon was good
Kenny Clark and Preston Smith played well
Didn't like the call to go for two at the time but they sure had a good play called
Should mention Aaron Jones got his 5,000th rushing yard. Not many Packers have done that

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Bears coaching staff for absolutely losing the plot in the second half.

Credit where credit is due, we improved, but if I didn’t know any better I’d say they decided to start tanking for draft position or something, just some incomprehensible decisions all throughout.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds..Lafleur and Barry!! There is NO WAY that this team was practicing their tackling all week..or what few days they actually do practice!!!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The quietest yet consistent stud Lazard keeps making plays. I swear this guy could put up a hundred yard game and two touchdowns and most of us wouldn’t even believe the stat line.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The quietest yet consistent stud Lazard keeps making plays. I swear this guy could put up a hundred yard game and two touchdowns and most of us wouldn’t even believe the stat line.
He will stay a packer I think...his blocking and every catch other than 1? Resulted in a 1st down

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion it was absolutely the correct call to go for two at that point.
The way I think about it is if you miss the two; they tie it easily. If you make the one; they have to get a TD and a two. Yes, it is basically over if you make the two; but it is like flipping a coin on making it. Just seems smarter to me to take the one. But it worked out.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be curious to see what the analytics/data said the probabilities were.

I guess one way of looking at it is that arguably the worst-case scenario if we go for two and fail is that we end up tying and going to OT. Being up 7 if we failed the 2pt conversion I really doubt that Chicago would go for the win and go for two if they had scored. I think they would almost certainly take the 1pt and tie it up there, but who knows.

Guess you pretty much just have to ask what is more likely:

1. We convert the 2 pt and go up 9 and make it a two possession game
2. We attempt the 2pt and fail, we're up 7 and Chicago can tie with a TD+PAT or potentially go ahead with a TD+2PT
3. We convert the 1pt and go up 8 and Chicago need to score and convert 2pt to tie
4. We attempt the 1pt and fail, same outcome as (#2)

I suspect that LaFleur was probably not terribly confident in our defense at that point and if that's the case it does make more sense to try and force them to score on two separate possessions

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing they needed two scores I bet changed the gunslinger moment on the Nixon interception. If Fields knows they just gotta hit endzone once for a chance there is no way he throws that ball I bet.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
First off, this was the last game I cared about winning. I just can't stand the thought of losing to the Bears. 8 times in a row has a nice ring to it. Hopefully it will keep up for another 8.

Studs:
Dillion was a beast out there. He doesn't have the break away speed like Henry, but he is a load to bring down.
Watson is turning into a go to guy. 8 TDs over the last 4 games and another stud performance.
The oline didn't give up a sack and Rodgers seemed to have all day to pass. Now, the Bears defense can't get a pass rush on anyone, but I'm still going studs for the oline.
Clark seemed to finally step up this game. He had some nice tackles that blew up some plays.
Duds:
I still have to say the defense. They gave up some laughable 3rd down conversions. Yes, they got three turnovers, but man they looked dreadful at times. Alexander giving up huge plays to St. Brown and Harry. I'll give him that he shook it off and sealed the game with the int. However, he is supposed to be better than that.

By no means a perfect game, but I get to say that the Bears still suck!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillion
Watson
Walkins for his blocks
O line
Alexander for int
Nixon for int

Dud
Alexander for giving up bad plays
Run defense again

Shout-out to Sammy Watkins, for two very good blocks: One on Dillon's touchdown run, and one on Watson's touchdown run.

I would say Alexander redeemed himself with a big interception.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The way I think about it is if you miss the two; they tie it easily. If you make the one; they have to get a TD and a two. Yes, it is basically over if you make the two; but it is like flipping a coin on making it. Just seems smarter to me to take the one. But it worked out.
I am way more on the conservative side. These young coaches and going for it on 4th down drives me nuts. If I'm honest, I wanted them to take the 3 on the 4th and 8 that Watson scored a TD. However, this call I did like. Being up 8 leaves them in it. Being up 9 basically seals the game. Also, it was an outstanding play call. One in which we have not seen in awhile. I get what you're saying, but I liked it this time around.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I think about it is if you miss the two; they tie it easily. If you make the one; they have to get a TD and a two. Yes, it is basically over if you make the two; but it is like flipping a coin on making it. Just seems smarter to me to take the one. But it worked

The other factor is missing the PAT. The wind in December and January in Soldier Field always plays tricks. Bears missed both a FG and a PAT. And our kicking unit has a history of misfortune. Robbie Gould was one kicker who had a good track record in Chicago even in bad weather. LaFleur figured that it's the Bears. They do not have the DL or the secondary of past years. On the other hand if the Bears come back with a TD they just may go for the 2 even if 1 would tie it. Neither team really had anything to lose. Remember Dave Wannsted. He opted to go for the 2 to back in 1997 I believe to win it and failed. Now we did stop Harbaugh last year and Brady this year.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander giving up huge plays to St. Brown and Harry. I'll give him that he shook it off and sealed the game with the int. However, he is supposed to be better than that.
He does need to play overall a bit better but there are those on here who want to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Even the incomparable Darrell Green once gave up 2 TDs and almost 150 yards to the mediocre Chris Collinsworth in a game.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me it's still the tale of 2 halves. Either they play well in the first and lousy in the 2nd. Or lousy in the first and much better in the 2nd.

I continue to be impressed with Watson. It seems like he is getting more comfortable out there.

When Doubs comes back if he can pick up where he led off, we could have some good receivers.

I only remember Rodgers throwing to Tonyon once. I wish they would incorporate him a little more.

I thought that both RBs played well. But it looked like Jones was fighting through some injury.

All in all a great way to enter the Bye.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonyan just seems limited this year. Catches the ball well, but man he just can't seem to do anything with the ball afterwards. Can't run away from anyone and doesn't break any tackles. He's pretty much just tackled where he catches it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonyan just seems limited this year. Catches the ball well, but man he just can't seem to do anything with the ball afterwards. Can't run away from anyone and doesn't break any tackles. He's pretty much just tackled where he catches it.
They cannot seem to get him in space. Is he half a step slower from that ACL? Seemed like he was more open as a rookie. Maybe not having as many other weapons to cover defenses can give him more attention.

Staff online

Latest posts