1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bears-Packers 1st rd playoff matchup likely!?!?!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pat4DaPack, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    If the Packers make the playoffs they will be a 6 seed no doubt.

The Eagles will most likely win out so if the Bears lose either of the two final games they will most likely be the 3 seed.

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Outside of winning the Super Bowl, nothing would make me happier going forward than to knock the Bears out of the Playoffs.

First things first, though. Gotta get there.

3. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    We all know the Packers/Bears rivalry is ancient, in football terms.

But what some might not know is that in the 89 years of NFL history we have played the Bears in the playoffs exactly ONCE, on Dec. 14, 1941, and we lost 33-14. I think this will be the year for some LONG overdue payback!

4. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    oh a playoff matchup would be ideal. that would really settle who has been better this season

5. Grave

Grave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +81
    We might be the #5 seed.

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    We would have to pass the Saints, which seems unlikely. But that would be great because then as the #5 seed, we'd get to play at the crappy #4 seed, which will be the 7-9 NFC West winner.

This week's game IS A PLAYOFF GAME essentially. Both teams know it. Both know if you lose, you're dead.

PAYBACK TIME starts this week against the GIANTS.
    Then the next week against Da BEARS.
    Then in the playoffs, here we go again.

7. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    Saints have ATL then Tampa. They could lose out.

8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    We're in the playoffs right now--lose any of the next 2 and we're out.

9. Grave

Grave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +81
    WE're home. I'll be there at boith games with The Vagabond. I can feel two big wins in my Packer bones. Then we're on to No. 13.

I'd dearly love to pound the Bares in Chicago along the way. They're good enough to hate again and the Queens will be pathetic for at least five years.

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I would rather play the NFC west. Hopefully STL so we don't have to travel far.

11. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17

we are not in the playoffs now, the Giants are a game up on us. we beat them we both have 9-6 record and we have tiebreaker.

we take care of business and get in my ideal situation would be to play the Bears. I want nothing to do with another game in Philadelphia...

plus i think we are very capable of going into chicago and beating them. but we'll see. dont want to think too far ahead as we have two huge games coming up

12. A-Rod_is_God

A-Rod_is_God Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I think they meant that we need to play like were in the playoffs. Lose a game and our season is basically over.

13. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    i would love to show the bears that "nfc north championss" is something no-one outside of the division remembers. We kill them and kill them again.

14. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17

ahh okay that makes sense. my apologies to that poster then.

15. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I would love the chance to slap the Bares out of the playoffs. That would make the season so sweeeeet.

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    beating the bears in the playoffs? That would make me happy, but not as happy as I would have been had we been able to knock the vikings out last season.

17. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Lol, you mean same scenario as last year when we played Arizona in the finale week then again the following week in the post season?
    In that case looks like we will win! ^^

18. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    HAHHA! Jets-Bears-Bears? HAHA! It's like our motive isn't even to get into the playoffs! It's to seek revenge and hurt and punish!

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    No, I mean knocking the vikings out last season.

Not sure if you remember but last season if we would of beat AZ we could have gone on to face MN in the playoffs.

20. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    Last year we would have played New Orleans if we had beaten Arizona, we then would have had to beat the Saints in order to play Minnesota.

Anyway, there is a bizarre scenario where the Packers could get into the playoffs even with a loss to the Bears in the season finale. They would need a New York loss to Washington and at least one Tampa Bay loss. In that scenario, the Packers could still squeeze into the playoffs at 9-7. But the New York game is definitely a must-win.

Best case scenario: we win out and the Saints lose out, giving us a game at the NFC West champ.

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Just got into an argument with someone at the game that says teams from the same division can't meet in the 1st round of the playoffs. Brought up the packers lions in 93, says he doesn't remember that. Brought up eagles boys last season he just got mad and denied it.

Ignorant fans annoy me.

22. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    lol.

I would prolly have a heart attack if that was that match up. If we won it would be the best day of my life but if we lost, o boy!