Bears Game Matters...Titans not so much...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey -- let's give some credit to Kenny Clark for dropping Henry for -3 yds, solo tackle toward the end of the first half! I appreciate/understand your lack of optimism -- might have even shared it a little, cough cough -- but that tackle was a sweet, sweet highlight of a major-league performance against Henry last night.

To be fair it wasn't -2. He never said anything about -3.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Don't tell me we're counting the number of draft picks to acquire Spriggs again... :eek:

Not unless someone brings it up! :roflmao: Sschind confided in me that The Count cracks him up, so anytime he brings in numbers, I think he is just baiting me for a Count!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey everyone this is off topic (sorry) but in this crazy year (no pro bowl, Covid, and on) will there be two weeks or one week between the conference championships and the SB? I hope it stays at two weeks FWIW. Thanks all.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Spriggs! I still get nightmares, especially when I consider how well a guy like Jenkins has played.

We might get to see Spriggs on Sunday! He had only played in one game this year due to injuries on the Bear OL, but I noticed that he took 5 snaps against Jacksonville. Maybe that was because of the 41-17 score and the Bears cleared their bench?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We might get to see Spriggs on Sunday! He had only played in one game this year due to injuries on the Bear OL, but I noticed that he took 5 snaps against Jacksonville. Maybe that was because of the 41-17 score and the Bears cleared their bench?
How is it that Spriggs is still in the NFL?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey -- let's give some credit to Kenny Clark for dropping Henry for -3 yds, solo tackle toward the end of the first half! I appreciate/understand your lack of optimism -- might have even shared it a little, cough cough -- but that tackle was a sweet, sweet highlight of a major-league performance against Henry last night.
Good catch. I wish Pettine had used this formation more to slow the run - 5 down lineman, 2 LBs. If it can keep Henry to 98 yards, it works. And the GB secondary is good to very good with Alexander, Amos, Savage, and King (yes, King is last intentionally).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hey everyone this is off topic (sorry) but in this crazy year (no pro bowl, Covid, and on) will there be two weeks or one week between the conference championships and the SB? I hope it stays at two weeks FWIW. Thanks all.

Same as always. The Conference Championships are on 1/24 and the Super Bowl (Packers VS Chiefs) is on 2/7.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are lots of guys at his level in the NFL... the problem with him was expectations. When you use 86 draft picks to select a guy, you do kinda expect him to be a capable starter. .... err or was it 87 picks?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

He is a big body, with some talent. As a Packer fan, I am thankful for the talent, as well as the depth on the OL. I think its a huge factor in the success of the offense. When I watch other teams, so often I see their OL's just continually break down on plays.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There are lots of guys at his level in the NFL... the problem with him was expectations. When you use 86 draft picks to select a guy, you do kinda expect him to be a capable starter. .... err or was it 87 picks?

I just need to put this thing on a hot key!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is NO way he's a bigger bust than JaMarcus Russell

What the expectations for Lawrence, and what were they for Russell? Nobody talked about tanking for Russell, he wasn't the presumptive overall #1 pick for two years, and there were plenty of folks questioning the Raiders for taking him. Russell produced nothing and was clearly a bust, but if Lawrence doesn't produce, either, he'll certainly surpass Russell on the 'bust' list.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ty is that true for the Hags? If GB and Seattle each finish 12-4, who gets the tiebreaker? Thanks.

If the Packers and Seahawks both finish 12-4 Seattle wins the tiebreaker. The Packers would drop to the third seed if there's a three way tie with the Saints included as well.

I'm not so sure throwing Love in against a good Bears' defense in (for them) a must-win game is a good idea. I'd like to see him in action as well, just don't think this is the time.

Nobody was suggesting the Packers to play either Boyle or Love in a must-win game to clinch the #1 seed.

To be fair it wasn't -2. He never said anything about -3.

Henry actually lost two yards on that play.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It figures that the Bears would take Spriggs and Graham, two of our failed experiments. I think if Spriggs had played DL, he'd have been more successful. He's too tall and lanky-like to play the OL.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pre-weekend, the chatter here was hoping the Rams win so the Packers can clear the bench for week 17. That means much more Boyle and/or Love.
Thanks for clearing that up Poppa. Someone didn't quite understand that... Gotta pay attention on here! Things move quickly!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a big body, with some talent. As a Packer fan, I am thankful for the talent, as well as the depth on the OL. I think its a huge factor in the success of the offense. When I watch other teams, so often I see their OL's just continually break down on plays.
Yeah our OL, and OLs in general, are never properly acknowledged when they play well. We're fortunate to have the guys we have, and the depth.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It figures that the Bears would take Spriggs and Graham, two of our failed experiments. I think if Spriggs had played DL, he'd have been more successful. He's too tall and lanky-like to play the OL.

Maybe had Spriggs started playing DL at a younger age. ;)

I can see why the Packers liked him, he was a stud at Indiana. I always wondered if he was on the Juice at IU and then had to knock it off due to stricter NFL testing?

Graham sure gets a lot of negative comments from Packer fans and some are probably deserved. I really don't think Graham is that bad of a TE, he was just given way too much money by the Packers for a declining TE and the Bears overpaid him as well. His stats with the Bears have only improved as far as the RZ and TD's, otherwise it appears he is pretty much the same TE that was just average in Green Bay. Just going off his Ave./catch declining from 11.8 to 9.4, I would say the Bears use him more on short passes than the Packers did. The Bears definitely target him more in the Red Zone than Rodgers did. 2019 he only had 10 Red Zone Targets, this year he is 4th in the league with 18.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can see why the Packers liked him, he was a stud at Indiana. I always wondered if he was on the Juice at IU and then had to knock it off due to stricter NFL testing?

Knowing his family and many of his closest friends I would be blown away to find out Jason would have been juicing. I was all pumped for him when we drafted him and was very high on him....one of the worst predictions I've ever had for sure.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Graham sure gets a lot of negative comments from Packer fans and some are probably deserved. I really don't think Graham is that bad of a TE, he was just given way too much money by the Packers for a declining TE and the Bears overpaid him as well. His stats with the Bears have only improved as far as the RZ and TD's, otherwise it appears he is pretty much the same TE that was just average in Green Bay. Just going off his Ave./catch declining from 11.8 to 9.4, I would say the Bears use him more on short passes than the Packers did. The Bears definitely target him more in the Red Zone than Rodgers did. 2019 he only had 10 Red Zone Targets, this year he is 4th in the league with 18.
I agree with you, and maybe he was juicing at Indiana. If that stopped after he was drafted, it would explain the long, leaner look he seemed to have.

Graham was a great TE in his time at NO and he played pretty well in Seattle. He just dropped off around the time the Packers got him. If GB was expecting the NO version, well that would account for some of the disappointment.

Members online

Latest posts