Audible.. James Jones.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
For the most part Jones is catching the underneath stuff, but I think the "NFL person" hasn't watched enough tape on Jones.. While he lacks elite top end speed, Jones is very good at finding the holes in coverage and making himself available within the coverage windows across the field.

Plus he runs very tight routes, so to say he couldn't get open without help is a stretch in my opinion. See Boldin in Arizona... same type of reciever.

“(Packers head coach) Mike McCarthy has done an excellent job playing to the strengths of his personnel. Look at James Jones. He’s a ‘Z’ (receiver) in that West Coast system. A lot of times, he’s catching underneath the coverage. (Opponents) are covering (Donald) Driver and (Greg) Jennings and (Jones) comes slithering underneath and has a lot of room to work with. You put Jones in a system where he has to beat coverages, and I’m not sure he can do it. But for what he is being asked to do, he is playing good.”

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Credit our personnel dept. and our coaches for identifying a player that would fit our scheme.

He also didn't do too badly filling in for Gregorious, considering he was a rookie playing in his first two games of the year. That is what impressed me most, the way he stepped up in the first two games of the year.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's quietly having a solid year. He's a good character guy too. Ted has done a good job of acquiring good character guys.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am delighted with JJ's play this year.
If you go back and check out his senior highlights on youtube at san jose state you'll see hes everything that he displayed then plus alot more. He burned Champ Frickin Bailey for christ sakes!! :D

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am delighted with JJ's play this year.
If you go back and check out his senior highlights on youtube at san jose state you'll see hes everything that he displayed then plus alot more. He burned Champ Frickin Bailey for christ sakes!! :D

Yeah. The PFW guy's a moron. JJ finds ways to get open. Good WRs do that.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And he's ummmmm... a rookie? Sure, he's probably not Calvin Johnson, but rookies almost never play this well in year one. Especially not guys who were supposed second-day draft picks that the Packers "reached" for in the 3rd round.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get open........catch..........and run! He's doing that! What more can you want from your rookie WR?
I like the guy! And since the Bears game, he's been securing the ball well.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think James Jones can beat a guy one and one on the outside. Perhaps this guy missed Jones taking Champ Bailey to the house. Jones is a crafty route runner. Even now I find it hard to believe that he's being overlooked. These are nice words about him but this guy seems to think it has more to do with the play design and the players around him than Jones himself. Which I don't agree with.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
And he's ummmmm... a rookie? Sure, he's probably not Calvin Johnson, but rookies almost never play this well in year one. Especially not guys who were supposed second-day draft picks that the Packers "reached" for in the 3rd round.

Well, Jones came into an optimal situation. Rookies that are second on the depth chart have a ton on their shoulders, those that are the third or fourth won't get that many chances. Since Brett throws a bajillion times a game, Jones is getting chances.

Not to mention he is a quality WR.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I have been mulling it over in my head all week.. yep took up most of my brain power, however I digress... Who will have the most impact within the Packers offense past Favre...

I think it will be Jones with the routes across the middle of the field.

Or maybe Lee.... Robinson might break out for a huge game..... ughhh!

Is it flippin Game time yet.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's great hands.

I know he got stripped a couple of times but when Brett flips him the rock he very seldom ever misses the catch.

Members online

Latest posts