Assuming no other FA signings, where do you think we'll finish this season?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on it. That's a young team.
Kind of reminds me of the talk about Carolina 12 months ago. It was going to be an uphill climb to be able to get past them. Never hear about them anymore. Why is that?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you expect him to stand at the podium and say that we will play this year for a top draft pick next year? That we're rebuilding? We have entered a new 3-year plan? He plans on calling plays using an Ouija board and magic-8 ball? I'm open to other predictions.

That would be fun, though.
McGinn would have a heart attack, heh.

H

HardRightEdge

Kind of reminds me of the talk about Carolina 12 months ago. It was going to be an uphill climb to be able to get past them. Never hear about them anymore. Why is that?
Probably because Cam Newton is an immature brat who lost his team. I don't see Ryan falling in that category.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McGinn having a heart attack would not be fun, but from a reader's perspective it might be welcome. ;)

Nah, wasn't saying McGinn- or anyone else- having a heart attack would be fun, but that MM saying all kinds of crazy ***** would be.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably because Cam Newton is an immature brat who lost his team. I don't see Ryan falling in that category.

Well its also entirely likely last year was an aberration for Ryan and he'll revert back to career norms.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's true the only constant over the last six seasons has been the Packers coming up short of winning the NFC. I don't care if it's the Falcons or another team noone is currently talking about preventing us from advancing to the Super Bowl.

H

HardRightEdge

Well its also entirely likely last year was an aberration for Ryan and he'll revert back to career norms.
Just to be clear, I'm not arguing that Atlanta is some kind prohibitive of favorite to win the Super Bowl or even the conference. Nobody is.

The Packers: This defense is not very good and has not been for quite a while. "Just outscore 'em" has a habit of hitting a roadblock somewhere along the way.

Seattle has been in a slow erosion under the burden of core player contracts. You don't go from paying 4 Pro Bowlers $4 million to paying them $40 million without making compromises elsewhere.

The Cowboys look pretty good, but until they add speed at linebacker they have an Achilles heel. Been there, done that, right? And the QB might be the subject to a sophomore slump. Defenses have had and will have time to construct adjustments. Will the QB counter-adjust? We'll just have to wait and see how much flexibility there is in his game.

Arizona, New York, Cam becoming a professional (I wouldn't hold my breath)? All possibilities.

So, I expect Atlanta to be firmly in the hunt. Their defense may have collapsed once in historic fashion, but we know a certain team that has a serial record of gaudy collapses, and that hasn't stopped them from going back to the playoffs year after year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts