Assuming no other FA signings, where do you think we'll finish this season?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
And they reason they're miserable has nothing to do with Ted either.
My reason for being miserable is simple. We have the best quarterback in football aren't winning Super Bowls.

And yes. Ted Thompson is the primary reason for that.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly me neither. But at this point, it might be what we have to rely on.

With the current make up of this team, assuming the RB position is solidified and the offensive line performs to the same level of last season, our only hope is that AR and company comes flying out of the gates and puts up another 2011-like season - catapulting the team to a #1 seed. And just hoping that Ryan or whatever other quarterback can't perform in the elements at Lambeau.

:(
A bit off topic... but I could very much see Atlanta losing a step after the way they gave a away the SuperBowl. Many on here attribute the Packers offensive slump to the 2014 NFCCC in Seattle. IMO Atlanta's choke job in the last SuperBOWL trumps that.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And they reason they're miserable has nothing to do with Ted either.

I don't know about you but I don't like getting ripped off. Right now as paying fans some of us are getting "ripped off". We're being sold a bill of goods in regards to the Packers and Thompson's actions don't align with the expectations they love to get up there a spew about.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If Packer fans are getting "ripped off" then most of the fan bases in the league are getting mugged, brutally murdered, and left in a ditch somewhere.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If Packer fans are getting "ripped off" then most of the fan bases in the league are getting mugged, brutally murdered, and left in a ditch somewhere.

I don't know why people keep bringing up the "the rest of the league" when talking about this. The Packers are in a very unique situation here and have the potential to have a dynasty. I know A-Rodge wants to play into his 40's but that is no guarantee. The clock is ticking and what are the chances of getting a 3rd straight HOF QB when Rodgers is done?

The time is now. The time isn't to be putting the season on 3rd year players that have regressed. And before someone brings up Devante Adams I don't see these corners in a similar situation as Adams was last year. Adams had some concentration issues in 2nd year and was able to correct it for the most part. Even with all this Adams wasn't required to be the no.1 receiver this past year. Randall and Rollins can't get to where they need to be which is a much larger problem..

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basically the present state of the Packers is that they are lacking in too many areas to be serious SB contenders, so I hope that Ted is not finished. If he is, then he should be severely criticized publicly. The Packers need a top player -- Malcolm Butler, Richard Sherman, somebody. If they enter the draft with what they have, chances of a SB year are pretty low and that will be on Thompson.

H

HardRightEdge

A bit off topic... but I could very much see Atlanta losing a step after the way they gave a away the SuperBowl. Many on here attribute the Packers offensive slump to the 2014 NFCCC in Seattle. IMO Atlanta's choke job in the last SuperBOWL trumps that.
I wouldn't count on it. That's a young team.

H

HardRightEdge

I agree that it's possible the defense improves because several young players on defense progress significantly this season. I'm not excited about Thompson seemingly relying on it though, especially as it hasn't worked at safety and inside linebacker in past seasons.
You could add TE to that list, i.e., the gap between Finley and Cook.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about you but I don't like getting ripped off. Right now as paying fans some of us are getting "ripped off". We're being sold a bill of goods in regards to the Packers and Thompson's actions don't align with the expectations they love to get up there a spew about.
If you think Thompson likes to spew about anything into the microphone, I think you are pretty much a hopeless case in terms of having a rational conversation. Your reality is difficult to understand.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
My reason for being miserable is simple. We have the best quarterback in football aren't winning Super Bowls.

And yes. Ted Thompson is the primary reason for that.
Miserable is a pretty strong word. Relax and enjoy the ride. Take comfort in knowing you're not a Bears, Vikings or Lions fan that is constantly looking up at us.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on it. That's a young team.

I don't follow. It looks like you're saying that the youth of Atlanta will enable them to bounce back. Haven't the Packers been one of the youngest teams in the league every year? Doesn't that same reasoning mean they should have been able to come back from the Seattle debacle?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't know why people keep bringing up the "the rest of the league" when talking about this. The Packers are in a very unique situation here and have the potential to have a dynasty. I know A-Rodge wants to play into his 40's but that is no guarantee. The clock is ticking and what are the chances of getting a 3rd straight HOF QB when Rodgers is done?

The time is now. The time isn't to be putting the season on 3rd year players that have regressed. And before someone brings up Devante Adams I don't see these corners in a similar situation as Adams was last year. Adams had some concentration issues in 2nd year and was able to correct it for the most part. Even with all this Adams wasn't required to be the no.1 receiver this past year. Randall and Rollins can't get to where they need to be which is a much larger problem..

I bring up the rest of the league because it lends perspective. Obviously with Rodgers the expectations are higher. But the Packers have also been one of the 3-5 most successful franchises in the league since Thompson took over.

So I'm saying it's hard to argue that Pack fans are getting or have been ripped off when they've been watching a product that's superior to the vast majority of the league. Without looking at that, we develop myopic expectations and are bound to be disappointed.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If you think Thompson likes to spew about anything into the microphone, I think you are pretty much a hopeless case in terms of having a rational conversation. Your reality is difficult to understand.

I said "they". That's MM's whole part of the dog and pony show.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I bring up the rest of the league because it lends perspective. Obviously with Rodgers the expectations are higher. But the Packers have also been one of the 3-5 most successful franchises in the league since Thompson took over.

So I'm saying it's hard to argue that Pack fans are getting or have been ripped off when they've been watching a product that's superior to the vast majority of the league. Without looking at that, we develop myopic expectations and are bound to be disappointed.

My expectations are to fill immediate needs when you have a chance to win a Super Bowl. It's GM101 type stuff.

I really don't know what so damn myopic about that. Somehow my mesaage gets lost in translation and people on here turn it into "wanting a pro bowler at every position" and "spending unlimited money in free agency" which I have never suggested either.

Then it gets redirected that were so lucky to beat the Bears, Lions and Queens and we're so lucky to have Ted Thompson. Like nobody in the whole world could get this team to the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers. Its just pathetic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Somehow my mesaage gets lost in translation and people on here turn it into wanting a pro bowler at every position and spending unlimited money in free agency which I have never suggested either.

That is a huge issue around here. Several Thompson supporters turn the suggestion of adequately addressing an obvious position of need in a timely fashion into the team can't have All-Pros six deep at every position on the roster.

Of course while ignoring that nobody ever proposed anything close to it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Then it gets redirected that were so lucky to beat the Bears, Lions and Queens and we're so lucky to have Ted Thompson. Like nobody in the whole world could get this team to the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers. Its just pathetic.
Exactly.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and most others in the world passed on Aaron Rodgers too. Take it for what it's worth I guess.

D

Deleted member 6794

and most others in the world passed on Aaron Rodgers too. Take it for what it's worth I guess.

It's time to stop praising Thompson for a draft selection he made 12 years ago and objectively analyse his current moves. Unfortunately those haven't been anywhere close to impressive.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
"A major issue around here"... oh dear goodness.

He said that Packer fans are getting "ripped off." That's going a tad bit further than saying Ted Thompson's wrong to not address position X more aggressively. If a Packer fan complained about getting ripped off by the on-field production to almost every other fan base in the league, they'd rightfully tell them that they need to stop acting so spoiled and calm down. There's a big difference between saying the GM is wrong to not use FA more here or pay more attention to that issue there, and saying that the team with the 4th most wins and a championship over TT's tenure is ripping off its fans.

Captain should go back and read what the actual contention was and reassess who's ignoring what was actually said.

The reality is that there are a few posters around here who don't think TT can do anything wrong, a few who don't think he can do anything right, and the rest are somewhere on the spectrum that spans the middle in our assessments.

Members online

Latest posts