Assuming no other FA signings, where do you think we'll finish this season?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we rely on drafts for the necessary repacements, improvements and depth....I'm sure AR will continue to drag us to play off's.

I'm guessing Divisional Round.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Too many factors to predict to really know at this point. I also don't think TT is done with moves that might impact the starting line-up. Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part, but I just don't see the Packers standing pat with the current group + draft choices and UDFA's. If they do, depending on injuries and development, anything is possible when you have AR behind center.....even a Super Bowl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

If we rely on drafts for the necessary repacements, improvements and depth....I'm sure AR will continue to drag us to play off's.

I agree with Poker that it's way too early to make an educated guess about where the Packers will finish in 2017. If Thompson doesn't make any further moves outside of the draft I don't consider the team as one of the primary Super Bowl contenders entering the season though.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think we have thoroughly seen how far Rodgers can take this team without the other necessary component's in place.

Yet, the goal at this point appears to be to put an offense out there that can score at will along with patchworking on an already terrible pass defense and hoping a bunch of guys magically all get better. Nothing but bringing in Francois has shown any real motivation to fix the problems on defense.

No telling how it will all play out.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's too early for predictions now, It's too early for predictions after the draft, it's too early for predictions after OTA's, after training camp, after the preseason, after the first month, after 2 months. In fact, if you follow football you should have learned by now to enjoy the struggle, the competition and everything that comes our way and hope they can rise up to the challenges that will certainly present themselves. a season NEVER unfolds the way you think it will. Not ever freaking close, so why do this to yourself every year?

Last month by the time October rolled around half the people on this board wanted AR benched or traded to see what Hundley could do. We were dead in the water and good for **** according to most. The Raiders were in the drivers seat and had HFA right up until they didn't at the end of December. Eddie Lacy was going to have a breakout year in a contract year and was done before we hit the halfway point. Adams needed to be cut 2 years ago. Our secondary was an absolute strength until it was the weakest link in the chain. that was just last season.

Does nobody ever learn? All you do is set yourself up for expectations that have almost zero chance of unfolding like you think they will and instead of enjoying the struggle and the competition you get pissed like there's anything you could have done about anyway. there are 14,000 variables that will change between now and the end of April alone.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's wait to see what things look like on Halloween.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's too early for predictions now

there are 14,000 variables that will change between now and the end of April alone.

Sure, but that doesn't stop anyone from musing about it either. It's not like I'm asking for bets to be placed now. Just gathering some thoughts. Everyone just doesn't stop thinking about SB till Apr. :rolleyes:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, but that doesn't stop anyone from musing about it either. It's not like I'm asking for bets to be placed now. Just gathering some thoughts. Everyone just doesn't stop thinking about SB till Apr. :rolleyes:
Ok, I expect us to be in the hunt.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That hunting season began here on this forum in January 2012. Earlier for the DC.
You are correct, it seems like Open Season year round when it comes to coaches and management. Can only imagine what they do in Cleveland!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say NFCCG. But depending on injuries winning the Super Bowl.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Too early for specific predictions, but unless AR goes super human in every single playoff game, the way that at times he essentially did against New York and Dallas, you're looking at another divisional round/NFCCG loss.

You're going to be dealing with a Dallas team another year seasoned with Dak and Zeke, an Atlanta offense that no one should assume will slow down, etc. Our offense has the potential to be better with Jordy having a full year under his belt, Adams confidence sky high, Bennett/Kendricks TE combo, plus the running back situation should be better. And we still have #12.

But the defense as currently constructed gives me absolutely no reason for optimism.

We could reach the Super Bowl and ultimately win it if absolutely all of the stars align and we avoid big time potent offenses in the playoffs, or if AR throws from 400+ and 5 TDs every game, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers window for a championship depends on how long Rodgers is capable of playing at an elite level. Fortunately he hasn't shown any signs of regressing.
Sadly though, as we have seen, even when Rodgers IS playing at an elite level, it hasn't been enough to get us into a Super Bowl over the last 6 years. There are still pieces missing to accomplish that and right now, those pieces appear to be on defense.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sadly though, as we have seen, even when Rodgers IS playing at an elite level, it hasn't been enough to get us into a Super Bowl over the last 6 years. There are still pieces missing to accomplish that and right now, those pieces appear to be on defense.

How dare you forget about every single one of the young players on defense significantly progressing this season though??? ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How dare you forget about every single one of the young players on defense significantly progressing this season though??? ;)

We can only hope for that progression on defense at this point it would seem.

Call me paranoid, but I am actually starting to get a bit concerned about the offense, big picture concerned. Our last 5 drafts have really focused heavily on the defense and this years draft could be the same. Yes, we have AR and solid TE's. But the offensive line is the thinnest I can ever remember it being. The RB situation is really in an unknown and thin state right now. Finally, the WR's. Yes, Jordy, Cobb and Adams are solid starters this year, especially with AR at QB.......but after this year or if one of them is lost like Jordy was in 2015? Hoping this draft contains a future quality starter or two on offense, because the Packers are going to need them.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd settle for a mere 70% of the 7 or 8 that have been mentioned in other threads.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd settle for a mere 70% of the 7 or 8 that have been mentioned in other threads.
That is really all you need for the Draft and development approach to work. However, I think some of us are a bit gun shy watching pretty much every young guy strike out at the CB position last year, as well as the struggles to find a RB. Couple that with the ups and downs of of the young WR's over the last two years and it makes for less faith that the next "young guy" is going to be ready to step right in.

D

Deleted member 6794

We can only hope for that progression on defense at this point it would seem.

Call me paranoid, but I am actually starting to get a bit concerned about the offense, big picture concerned. Our last 5 drafts have really focused heavily on the defense and this years draft could be the same. Yes, we have AR and solid TE's. But the offensive line is the thinnest I can ever remember it being. The RB situation is really in an unknown and thin state right now. Finally, the WR's. Yes, Jordy, Cobb and Adams are solid starters this year, especially with AR at QB.......but after this year or if one of them is lost like Jordy was in 2015? Hoping this draft contains a future quality starter or two on offense, because the Packers are going to need them.

I agree that right guard and running back needs to be addressed in the draft. I'm not worried about the receiving corps entering this season with Nelson, Adams, Cobb as well as Bennett and Kendricks. That could change in 2018 though.

As we've discussed before that is highly unlikely to happen though.

Members online

Latest posts