ARod 2020 - 2023

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the aftermath of the draft last weekend and the trajectory of the team philosophies that have be brewing for years, pundits, fans, and just about everyone with interest in football have probably been thinking about what AR12s attitude and approach will be going forward. As I see it HE has four primary paths to choose from.
1) Come to camp with a “fire in the eye” attitude and incorporate a philosophy and game plan that doesn’t fit with his own but work as a team player and do what he’s instructed
2) Come to camp resigned to be in an environment he doesn’t support or believe in. Go through the motions for the most part and stay healthy by reducing personal risk and look forward to early off seasons to get back to Malibu and his priority personal life. RELAX and take the money
3) Come to camp and engage with FO to do anything possible to move him from GB. Although fiscally ridiculous, saying that stringing out a player who doesn’t want or buy into the culture while still having significant market value is a consideration.
4) Retire to Malibu, count your millions, make babies, and move to the next phase of his life

Thoughts?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
#1 for sure, but I wouldn't expect to see a contract extension sought out by Rodgers or the Packers, unless Love doesn't progress as expected. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be the same as ARod 2019.

No QB starts throwing a tantrum just because they drafted a new prospect. And AR12 has seen so many young QBs come and go to not be really bothered.

It's not like his job is under threat here.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
many threads discussing same thing

this thread ...Delete, merge or leave alone?

Thoughts?

Reaction score
It’s a valid thread, but going off topic is highly probable with this Poster. Lol

OP
OP
CanadaCheese

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s a valid thread, but going off topic is highly probable with this Poster. Lol
Thankyou for your support on what I submit could elicit some interesting perspectives.
I’m not going off topic .... and I really don’t believe the selection is as cut and dried as most would’ve think it is.
The key here is what priorities AR has now and what path does he take based on a significant change in his personal life that has occured over the past 12 months and does that combined with frustration over the past 2-3 years coupled with age coupled with FO direction solidification over the weekend make the deciding a lot more variable.....wink, smile, ........

Reaction score
Thankyou for your support on what I submit could elicit some interesting perspectives.
I’m not going off topic .... and I really don’t believe the selection is as cut and dried as most would’ve think it is.
The key here is what priorities AR has now and what path does he take based on a significant change in his personal life that has occured over the past 12 months and does that combined with frustration over the past 2-3 years coupled with age coupled with FO direction solidification over the weekend make the deciding a lot more variable.....wink, smile, ........
This could throw the Packers out of orbit. I’m
Wondering if this wasn’t a move to push Rodgers.. one way or another. Get him off the fence so to speak.
This could be to drive him out altogether in a peaceful manner OR get him to fully commit out of obedience to the new regime. New regimes get new QBs all the time. He’s obviously been difficult to work with from an authority angle. In which case having a Rookie contract doesn’t pose a serious threat to the total cap, as long as the replacement QB plays to his projected ability. $3M is nothing, even with a $30M contract hit next season.

We just happen to want to Pound the ball running and invest in multiple blockers? Or is that in case Rodgers bails? By next season even Love could manage a team that runs the ball 50%+ of the time.

If Rodgers doesn’t go with the program? he could get traded by next season. A team would likely throw us a slew of picks to have first right of refusal. Not to mention what we could do with an extra $30 million and multiple 1st or 2nd day draft picks. What would you do with an extra 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder? Maybe get another top QB 2021 and have a dual for the starter? Then trade off the contract of the other QB and gain even more draft pics in 2022. Maybe go QB, WR, LB like we should’ve this year... then resume with our other 10 selections? What would you do with an extra $30M? Go get that DT, LB and TE you wanted all these years. Maybe all 3 of them. Plus 13 picks, including 6 first and second day selections.
Just a throwing out a thought about what his contract and position would draw. He’s in a precarious position because the FO might have called his bluff.

The other side of the fence is Rodgers buying into the program and really trying to improve himself and making every attempt to mesh with those around him (which I hope is his response) Not riding out his contract in mediocrity so to speak. Maybe GB is trying to push the envelope. Could be to speed things up while the FO is at the control and not at Rodgers mercy. They could get through this season and get plan B up and rolling if his performance begins to wane.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanadaCheese

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could throw the Packers out of orbit. I’m
Wondering if this wasn’t a move to push Rodgers.. one way or another. Get him off the fence so to speak.
This could be to drive him out altogether in a peaceful manner. He’s obviously been difficult to work with from an authority angle. In which case having a Rookie contract doesn’t pose a serious threat to the total cap, as long as the replacement QB plays to his projected ability. $3M is nothing, even with a $30M contract hit next season.

We just happen to want to Pound the ball running and invest in multiple blockers? Or is that in case Rodgers bails? By next season even Love could manage a team that runs the ball 50%+ of the time.

If Rodgers doesn’t go with the program? he could get traded by next season. A team would likely throw us a slew of picks to have first right of refusal. Not to mention what we could do with an extra $30 million and multiple 1st or 2nd day draft picks.
Just a thought.

The other side of the fence is Rodgers buying into the program and really trying to improve himself and making every attempt to mesh with those around him. Not riding out his contract in mediocrity so to speak. Maybe GB is trying to push the envelope. Could be to speed things up while the FO is at the control and not at Rodgers mercy.
Excellent response.
AR is in control and one would hope that the team / suck it up path is most likely but I’m not so sure.
He looked really tired the past few years and the combination with the perceived lack of support, the aging body, and the big change in his personal life I really sense he might just be finished ..... hard to walk away from all that $$$$ but he’s not in it for the money at this point....he might just coast or simply walk away.
If it was a push by the team that would be a really stupid move since options 2,3, and 4 are all disastrous for multiple reasons...their timing for selecting and grooming a replacement was 2 years premature

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the aftermath of the draft last weekend and the trajectory of the team philosophies that have be brewing for years, pundits, fans, and just about everyone with interest in football have probably been thinking about what AR12s attitude and approach will be going forward. As I see it HE has four primary paths to choose from.
1) Come to camp with a “fire in the eye” attitude and incorporate a philosophy and game plan that doesn’t fit with his own but work as a team player and do what he’s instructed
2) Come to camp resigned to be in an environment he doesn’t support or believe in. Go through the motions for the most part and stay healthy by reducing personal risk and look forward to early off seasons to get back to Malibu and his priority personal life. RELAX and take the money
3) Come to camp and engage with FO to do anything possible to move him from GB. Although fiscally ridiculous, saying that stringing out a player who doesn’t want or buy into the culture while still having significant market value is a consideration.
4) Retire to Malibu, count your millions, make babies, and move to the next phase of his life

Thoughts?

Whatever he is, he needs to show us that now. If he's the guy that fires up when he's questioned show us. If he's a straight up quitter show it so that we can move on

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The move for the QB and the RB makes sense, but the picks in round 3 and 5 should've been WR and WR. Green Bay needs a vertical threat and slot guy. The draft is over and hopefully this stable of receivers will develop within the offensive scheme.

I think a philosophy shift to more of a ground game was inevitable and to be quite honest it was necessary.

The ground game will control the clock, dictate tempo, and allow Rodgers to feast off play action. Hopefully, the defense will improve in stopping the run.

The only thing that has diminished is the athleticism of Rodgers, specifically his legs. Injuries to the knees and legs will do that and the consequences were definitely noticeable last season.

Everything else, including arm strength is still elite. A dominate run game, depth and versatility along the O-Line; including buy-in from Rodgers can work. Question is........will it?