Anyone else NOT take this loss so hard?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite it being my birthday, I wasn't really all that down that the Packers lost to the Panthers despite the hope I was feeling during their last drive.
I really thought we would get it.
Oh well. Life goes on.
I guess it was just a combination of it me being happy it was my birthday, seeing A-Rod out there again and that the Packers had been going downhill and nowhere these last few weeks.
I think it would have hit me harder had we gotten to the playoffs.
This way, it gets it over with this early.
Does anyone else share in this feeling or is it just me?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I’m disgusted because I am still unsure of what a catch really is.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, there was that and a roller coaster of emotions before the end.
Adding to this "Cheek catch" was the hit on Davante Adams :mad: and the negative bias Buck and Aikman kept on shoving the Packers way while heaping nothing but praise after praise on Carolina.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Adding to this "Cheek catch" was the hit on Davante Adams :mad: and the negative bias Buck and Aikman kept on shoving the Packers way while heaping nothing but praise after praise on Carolina.
I was at the game so won in the fact that I did not have to listen to Aikman and Buck speak for 3.5 hours. On a positive note, the Carolina fans were pretty great all around. Great weekend, but still have no idea why the ball hitting the ground did not warrant an incomplete pass on that play.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they showed that replay and the guy's butt hit the ground in bounds, I had a feeling it was going to be overturned. That's a good point about the ball hitting the ground afterward, they never discussed that as a point of contention. I wish the league would address things like this so we would know what the heck is going on.

As for feeling bad, I was hopeful today, but I've had the gut feeling we weren't going to make the playoffs for quite a few weeks now. A lot of people here seemed to take it for granted that Rodgers would lead us to run the table, but I thought that this stretch of three games was going to be a tall order. So my expectations weren't sky high, so I wasn't let down too far.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Upset they didn't make the postseason? Not at all. They would've gotten smacked around had they made it anyways.

Upset if changes don't happen as of January 1st? Not at all. Because if they dont, I won't be watching next season. This is a stale team that needs a new direction. If the organization doesn't care enough to improve, why should I watch?

I'll always be a fan. I'm just sick and tired of the same garbage.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Upset they didn't make the postseason? Not at all. They would've gotten smacked around had they made it anyways.

Upset if changes don't happen as of January 1st? Not at all. Because if they dont, I won't be watching next season. This is a stale team that needs a new direction. If the organization doesn't care enough to improve, why should I watch?

While there is no question that change is needed, I dont think it should be as radical of a change as some people are suggesting. Id say we our 1 key position away of being in legitimate SB contenders and that is our one and only DC (surprise surprise). We can always decide to change future positions, but for now lets start with the key part of our team which has always kept us out in the big games and thats our D. Furthermore lets hope that we can lose our final 2 so we can get some picks in the top half of the draft for once haha

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even before the game against the Panthers, I posted the Packers had no Super Bowl hopes even with Rodgers because their defense is playing so bad. While they are a league worst on third down and red zone defense, they have also given up a lot of running yards the past few weeks and time of possession is badly skewed. That's a recipe for getting destroyed had they slipped into the playoffs. Without big changes this offseason, the long line of wasted seasons will continue.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the discussion on the Steelers play this morning in the sports media, this is what I gather:
It is okay for the ball to touch the ground as long as the player maintains control.

Another possibility is that the Panther player had already "gone to the ground" when he landed on his keister. Maybe once he had done that while being in control of the ball, the play was over. Maybe it didn't matter what happened after he flipped over.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let's be realistic here. Being in the NFC Championship twice in three years is not garbage. Far from it.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I wasn't bummed out when we were down 2 TDs with about 5 mins left. I knew we were going to lose the game...Then they got the onside and my hopes shot all the way up thinking wow AR is going to pull it off again even though he had a crappy game. So when G-Mo fumbled I was pretty upset 2nd behind the notorious SEA NFC Champ game. So I wish I could say I was not upset, but I am. The main thing I am trying to think about is that since no playoffs maybe just maybe there will be so much needed changes to occur.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I travelled down to NC for the game and really thought after the onside kick recovery that we were gonna somehow manage to win again. Total roller coaster. Yesteday, I was feeling disappointed and disgruntled, but today I'm feeling mainly relieved. For me, our games are getting really frustrating to watch. Same old crap that never changes. Dig a huge hole and hope Rodgers can bail us out. Eventually we were gonna run out of miracles.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the way our final drive ended was hard to take but not the loss overall. Can't throw 3 picks (in which the defense held them on 2/3) and expect to win. But we still had a chance with the onside kick and a nice final drive until that fumble. Bummer.

Also, probably should learn the rules before complaining. Ball can touch the ground on a catch as long as the receiver maintains possession all the way through the process (doesn't bobble it). The two catches being compared above are apples to oranges.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be realistic here. Being in the NFC Championship twice in three years is not garbage. Far from it.

I don't know if the poster meant this, but for me, the "garbage" isn't the lack of making it too the playoffs, or maybe even advancement in them, it's the way they've been eliminated - a blowout loss to Atlanta and the Seahawks game.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't too upset we lost as I didn't think the Pack is good enough to make a big splash in the playoffs anyway. Also wasn't too upset they won't make the playoffs as i hope it sets the wheels in motion for some gm/coaching changes. It's time people.

You can blame the players all you want, but it's Caper's job to make do with the players he has. He has not done that to any extent. It's time to let him go. Not a fan of MM or TT either but I believe you can do a lot worse with them. Capers not so much.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was there anything the Packers did that warranted their praise? I really don't understand why some people get so worked up over announcers anyway. I hardly even notice them and neither should anybody else. It's funny because all I hear from fans of other teams say is how much in love Buck is over Rodgers. During the Cubs Indians World Series I took to twitter to see what fans of both teams were saying about him and they all were saying Buck was biased toward the team they were rooting against. Fans really have no idea why they hate Buck. It's just fashionable to hate him. So if Buck and Aikman irk you that much, I suggest that if you want Packer cheerleaders for your announcers, turn on the radio and listen to Larivee and McCarron instead, or if you're out of the market get sattelite radio.

H

HardRightEdge

This was explained to you by several individuals, including me, in another thread. You didn't get the answer you wanted so you reintroduce it again here in an unrelated topic.

Go back to the other thread and read the responses. If you do not have a counterargument to what was said, then you should know what you should do.

H

HardRightEdge

The time to take things hard was when Rodgers went down, not when a wing and a prayer did not materialize.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What changes would you like to see that would keep you watching?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if Buck and Aikman irk you that much, I suggest that if you want Packer cheerleaders for your announcers, turn on the radio and listen to Larivee and McCarron instead, or if you're out of the market get sattelite radio.
TV announcers don't bother me, but the nice thing about listening to a game on the Packer network isn't that they act as cheerleaders. It's that they focus more on things that are of concern to Packer fans, you get more information about the team usually.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if the poster meant this, but for me, the "garbage" isn't the lack of making it too the playoffs, or maybe even advancement in them, it's the way they've been eliminated - a blowout loss to Atlanta and the Seahawks game.
I am sick and tired of us going to the "So Close and Yet So Far" Bowl game year after year.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I noticed Joe Buck's preference too. I can't stand listening to him. At least Aikman was nuetral and knows what he is talking about.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they showed that replay and the guy's butt hit the ground in bounds, I had a feeling it was going to be overturned. That's a good point about the ball hitting the ground afterward, they never discussed that as a point of contention. I wish the league would address things like this so we would know what the heck is going on.

As for feeling bad, I was hopeful today, but I've had the gut feeling we weren't going to make the playoffs for quite a few weeks now. A lot of people here seemed to take it for granted that Rodgers would lead us to run the table, but I thought that this stretch of three games was going to be a tall order. So my expectations weren't sky high, so I wasn't let down too far.

The ball can hit the ground it just can't move when it does. I didn't see that part of the Panthers catch but IMO the ball clearly moved when James hit the ground. Its hard to make inferences based on still pictures although IMO it is clear that the Panthers player has two hands on the ball whereas James does not.

Members online