Hard Knocks

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a fan of both teams, I've been on the Jets boards, too. Some want to hang themselves from the MetLife rafters; others (like me) take it as more evidence of a curse. It was an amazing game in the end, but it's hard to see the Jets as being anything more than competitive this year. And now there's another number one pick to think about....
Yeah I mean I don't care for Rodgers but would never wish this on any player. Even for a much younger player, this is a very serious injury. Kevin Durant had the same injury and missed one full season with the Nets and part of the next season I think, and he is much younger than AR. He did, of course, return in fine form.

It's hard to see Rodgers continuing his career after this. This was the year when all the pieces fell into place for the Jets, much as they did for Tom Brady and the Bucs. Eventually, having great draft classes becomes a cap nightmare. For the Jets, this must be a curse.

Then again, that defense looks very, very good - and they have other talented players on offense. I don't think Wilson is the guy, but maybe someone else could come in. It doesn't require an MVP year from the QB for the Jets to have a great year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's also trying to rehabilitate his image.
Just noticed this comment pac and you're right. Remember last year when he showed up looking like Nic Cage with his hair down to his shoulders, after not doing anything pre-TC with the new guys? Then during the season he has some weird haircut that made him look like Predator?

Not with the Jets. If not for the beard, he looked like he just stepped out of prep school.

Well as we should know, pretending, lying, and narcissism only takes one so far. He had a boatload of bad karma coming his way. It arrived all at once this Monday night. I'd be devastated with an injury like that and I wouldn't wish it on anyone though. I'm sorry he didn't get a chance. He could be a jerk, but his career was unreal.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to see Rodgers continuing his career after this. This was the year when all the pieces fell into place for the Jets, much as they did for Tom Brady and the Bucs. Eventually, having great draft classes becomes a cap nightmare. For the Jets, this must be a curse.

I think the Jets were probably going to ultimately be disappointed this year anyway.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Jets were probably going to ultimately be disappointed this year anyway.
Well when the consensus expectation is a SB win, and I don't care how good the team looks, it's a set up for a let down. We started way too many seasons as GB fans expecting a SB win as early as the first game. We know how that worked out.

Ironically, this may be the best way for Rodgers to end his career. He's not Tom Brady and the Jets aren't the Bucs Brady inherited.