Hard Knocks

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had some free time this morniing and watched the first episode of HBO's Hard Knocks, which features the New York Jets this year. Obviously a lot of it was about Aaron Rodgers and how happy the Jets were to get him. A few observations:

1) Rodgers is really good. His throws and his arm aren't things you see everyday. We're going to miss his talent on some level. You don't always get to have a HOF quarterback.
2) He never came off as a jerk, he was quite affable and friendly with everyone around him.

That said, I'm sure they were trying to show him in his best light (on both points).

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I had some free time this morniing and watched the first episode of HBO's Hard Knocks, which features the New York Jets this year. Obviously a lot of it was about Aaron Rodgers and how happy the Jets were to get him. A few observations:

1) Rodgers is really good. His throws and his arm aren't things you see everyday. We're going to miss his talent on some level. You don't always get to have a HOF quarterback.
2) He never came off as a jerk, he was quite affable and friendly with everyone around him.

That said, I'm sure they were trying to show him in his best light (on both points).
NFL is not happy with him and his “joint” smoking handshake

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's also trying to rehabilitate his image.
I'm sure he was aware he was on camera, so he was likely on his best behavior. That doesn't affect how impressive his throws were though. One thing I noticed about him, he seems to like to razz people, you know, "bust their balls" a bit. I wonder if that could explain the incident where Rodgers told the 49ers during a game that they should sign Greg Jennings (Jennings took offense to this). I don't think he should have said that, regardless, whether he was kidding or not.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ow my toe...gimme a break. u old primadonna f... - when are one of the elite young wrs going to spray that at him...tick tock. lol

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feet don't fail me now. Bills rushed him on those throws. He looked slow on the 1st one but had nowhere to go or throw on the 2nd. Speculation B4 season started was the Jets O-line was going to create issues for him.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Feet don't fail me now. Bills rushed him on those throws. He looked slow on the 1st one but had nowhere to go or throw on the 2nd. Speculation B4 season started was the Jets O-line was going to create issues for him.
Maybe now the Jets will offer up their 1st round pick next year for Nijman and Newman, conditional on Rodgers playing less than 65% of their offensive snaps this year???
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe now the Jets will offer up their 1st round pick next year for Nijman and Newman, conditional on Rodgers playing less than 65% of their offensive snaps this year???
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
They want J Love now

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps I should take a trip to the Giants fan boards and see what's up over there.:mad:
Lol. Pretty much the same. The panic and dismay were amusing to say the least. We are truly a richly blessed fan base.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised the Jets didn't pass on D Cook and find some more help for the O line. It doesn't make a lot of sense to bring in an aging but HOF-to-be QB if you can't keep him up right. Sometimes that's just how it goes. With the cap, it's next to impossible to be above average with every position group.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a fan of both teams, I've been on the Jets boards, too. Some want to hang themselves from the MetLife rafters; others (like me) take it as more evidence of a curse. It was an amazing game in the end, but it's hard to see the Jets as being anything more than competitive this year. And now there's another number one pick to think about....

Members online

Latest posts