Any one noticing the Giants fans going to far?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Perhaps it's because like the Lions' Schwartz, the Giants Coach seems to think there is a reffing conspiracy against them. Players and fans tend to pick up the attitude of the Coach.

Well it would be different if that call ended up costing them, but this wasn't like the Raiders getting screwed against New England a decade ago. Had that game last week came to a one possession win, then they could ***** and moan about it costing them, but it didn't, no need for them to still be whining.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well it would be different if that call ended up costing them, but this wasn't like the Raiders getting screwed against New England a decade ago. Had that game last week came to a one possession win, then they could ***** and moan about it costing them, but it didn't, no need for them to still be whining.

But they're New Yorkers....

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Riiiight, so everyone on the radio, fans of all teams not named the Packers, TV analysts, broadcasters doing the game are all wrong and you and your packer homers are right... Sure. Keep telling yourself the refs didnt help you guys out. Some of you guys are ridiculous. I even know a few Pack fans that said the Pack got every call their way. Something was fishy. It was clearly obvious.

Most are agreeing with you. Homers, by definition, will not. :tdown: Geez, let it go.

KCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am knew to the forum but I was reading a lot of post Sunday night and shocked by how many Giants fans were not only members of this board but a lot of them have a good amount of post. Why join another team's fan forum? I can understand reading it to get information and maybe read opposing fans viewpoints and maybe even posting something after the teams play each other but to keep posting is kind of rude. I am a member of a soccer site where there are forums for all the teams in MLS and even leagues in Europe and even though different fans are members of the same overall forum, it is kind of an unwritten rule that you stay off other teams boards unless you want to share information and ask a question. You do not keep posting in another team's forum. It is trolling.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey KC, Here's my worthless .02 on the subject.
I understand a little pre-game and post-game smack talk. I kinda think it makes things interesting. Personal insults are out of course but the smack talk should almost be expected.
When the players get onto the field they aren't asking how the mrs and kids are. They're talking some serious SMACK!
I kinda think it's part of the culture of football and football fandom.

Obviously, after a day or two, it's kinda just plain rude and obnoxious. But for that short time right before, during and after a game is played... bring it. Anything after that is ban worthy.

Of course I'm not a mod here. I'm just a visitor. But I do like the vibe. The one thing I'll agree with the Giants fans about... this board is more interesting. The Niner message boards ARE boring.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am knew to the forum but I was reading a lot of post Sunday night and shocked by how many Giants fans were not only members of this board but a lot of them have a good amount of post. Why join another team's fan forum? I can understand reading it to get information and maybe read opposing fans viewpoints and maybe even posting something after the teams play each other but to keep posting is kind of rude. I am a member of a soccer site where there are forums for all the teams in MLS and even leagues in Europe and even though different fans are members of the same overall forum, it is kind of an unwritten rule that you stay off other teams boards unless you want to share information and ask a question. You do not keep posting in another team's forum. It is trolling.
They point out how classy and nice Packers fans are.
They could follow our example.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I've noted that too, Expat, and I agree. it is possible to be a "homer" AND a fan of the game. Still, I like that fans of other teams who are not predisposed to talking sh*t, can be more objective about our guys than we can because there isn't that emotional attachment.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli is going to have to seal the deal and win the SB this year if he wants to truly have a space in the top 5 elite. The thing is, the Giants have a real shot at it whether we like it or not. They hit the playoffs rolling and now they have a full head of steam. The Giants/ SF game is going to be interesting. I would put the Giants ahead of SF, Giants have both offense and defense while SF really only has defense. I'm not a believer in Smith yet. I think if the Giants get to the SB, they have a real good chance of beating either the Pats or Ravens. I don't know if SF has a good a shot at beating the Pats, maybe the Ravens, but if it comes down to SF/ Pats, I think the Pats would win it, but I think the Giants could beat the Pats. I kind of look at the Giants run this year as what the Packers did last year. We got into the playoffs and just started kicking tail and took it all the way to the SB. I think the Giants can do the same. Say what you will about Eli, but if he wins the SB, we are going to be hearing a hell of a lot more about him so brace for impact guys.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Giants will be the 9ers and repeat their performance against the Pats. That will give Eli two rings. Hard to argue against him not being an elite guy with those kind of credentials if they win it all again.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Eli is going to have to seal the deal and win the SB this year if he wants to truly have a space in the top 5 elite. The thing is, the Giants have a real shot at it whether we like it or not. They hit the playoffs rolling and now they have a full head of steam. The Giants/ SF game is going to be interesting. I would put the Giants ahead of SF, Giants have both offense and defense while SF really only has defense. I'm not a believer in Smith yet. I think if the Giants get to the SB, they have a real good chance of beating either the Pats or Ravens. I don't know if SF has a good a shot at beating the Pats, maybe the Ravens, but if it comes down to SF/ Pats, I think the Pats would win it, but I think the Giants could beat the Pats. I kind of look at the Giants run this year as what the Packers did last year. We got into the playoffs and just started kicking tail and took it all the way to the SB. I think the Giants can do the same. Say what you will about Eli, but if he wins the SB, we are going to be hearing a hell of a lot more about him so brace for impact guys.

I'm not ready to put Eli in that category even if he does win another ring.

He has a very balanced team around him. A solid trio of running backs, a very underrated group of receivers and one of the better defenses in the league and still every now and again has some really bad showings. Like the game against the Redskins where he had like 4 interceptions and was showed up by Rex Grossman

The first time he won the SB, I give more credit to the defense led by Strahan than Eli.

But alas, I really think this Niners front 7 is going to give the Gaints a lot of problems and from what I saw last week, this Giants front 4 doesn't look as dominant as sports analysts like to think. Our shaky Offensive line didn't give up a hit for over half the game.

Unless SF goes full retard with their offense, they should win this game. They kept New Orleans offense contained for all but the last 5 minutes or so. I think they'll be able to handle Eli just fine.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants fans can say whatever they want right now, and if they win the Super Bowl, they can say even more. To the victor go the spoils. Just keep it off this forum and do it over at a Giants forum (I'm sure they have one of those, don't they?).

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been raining all week in the bay area. Heavy rain and swirling 25 mph winds are expected for game time tomorrow at the 'Stick. Bill Walsh Field is a mud bog. Conditions like that favor two things; the running game and big defense.

The Niners have a great running game and superior short game.
The Giants don't have a running game at all.
The Giants will rely on the pass... but the slop will keep that game short.
The Niner D will have a field day picking off errant passes and knocking a slick ball loose from receivers.
The game will be low scoring. Nobody will score more than 20 points. MAX.

NINERS 20 - Giants 6

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not ready to put Eli in that category even if he does win another ring.

He has a very balanced team around him. A solid trio of running backs, a very underrated group of receivers and one of the better defenses in the league and still every now and again has some really bad showings. Like the game against the Redskins where he had like 4 interceptions and was showed up by Rex Grossman

The first time he won the SB, I give more credit to the defense led by Strahan than Eli.

But alas, I really think this Niners front 7 is going to give the Gaints a lot of problems and from what I saw last week, this Giants front 4 doesn't look as dominant as sports analysts like to think. Our shaky Offensive line didn't give up a hit for over half the game.

Unless SF goes full retard with their offense, they should win this game. They kept New Orleans offense contained for all but the last 5 minutes or so. I think they'll be able to handle Eli just fine.

The biggest problem I have with Eli is that he is inconsistent. When he doesn't show up, the Giants suffer for it. If Eli truly is to be considered elite, he would need to have a consistent season followed by a SB win or at least a SB appearance. The playoffs so far have seen a pattern of the "underdog" upsetting the favored team. Tebow's Broncos knocked off the Steelers, SF knocked off the Saints and the Giants knocked off the Packers. So now we are left with the Giants and SF in the NFC when most expected it to be the Packers and the Saints. I think SF will give the Giants a fight, but overall, I'd still give the Giants the advantage although a slight one. The Giants are going to be facing a high powered defense in SF whereas the Packers D struggled and Eli was able to pick them apart, he's not going to be able to do the same with SF. But, the Giants also have a high powered defense and I don't trust in Alex Smith and SF's offense just yet. I'd put my money on Eli if I had to pick between the two. I think SF has advanced to where they are now based upon their defense, not discounting their offensive showing, Smith has done well this year, but think about it... would SF be in the NFC Championship game if they didn't have their defense? Thus goes to prove the theory that defense wins championships. But the Giants can make the same claim and they also have the offensive power and a "borderline" elite QB and offensive line to complement him where SF lacks one. I think the Giants D can stop SF's offense but the question is can SF's D stop the Giants offense? This game will be about defense, no QB duel here. That is why I'd give the Giants the edge. It's also going to come down to turnovers, penalties and mistakes and maybe even nerves for Smith, Eli has been here before, Smith has not, so it may be a matter of experience.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers stopped a better team with an elite QB. The Saints.
Which is why I have faith that they can do the same to the Giants who had a worse record.
And I think the 49ers will want it more. They have had a much longer SB drought then the Giants.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants fans can say whatever they want right now, and if they win the Super Bowl, they can say even more. To the victor go the spoils. Just keep it off this forum and do it over at a Giants forum (I'm sure they have one of those, don't they?).
If the Giants lose to the 49ers or in the SB are the fans going to stick around?
Or are they going to stick around rubbing our faces in it even more if they win everything?
Guess we'll just have to wait and see
It's been raining all week in the bay area. Heavy rain and swirling 25 mph winds are expected for game time tomorrow at the 'Stick. Bill Walsh Field is a mud bog. Conditions like that favor two things; the running game and big defense.

The Niners have a great running game and superior short game.
The Giants don't have a running game at all.
The Giants will rely on the pass... but the slop will keep that game short.
The Niner D will have a field day picking off errant passes and knocking a slick ball loose from receivers.
The game will be low scoring. Nobody will score more than 20 points. MAX.

NINERS 20 - Giants 6

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Love your little Matrix thingy there.
Using the Smith name was witty.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Even I thought that was a bad call on Jennings fumble but why are the Giants fans still talking about that? You WON the game, you won big so why are you so worried about that one missed call? Geeez. I thought it was the wrong call too, I won't deny it but I don't see how anyone really should argue about it if they won the game. Would be much different if the game was a 3-7 point victory and that one blown call ended up costing them.

Something tells me they aren't complaining about the refs this morning. After all, "Bradshaw's forward motion was stopped, he didn't fumble". And that Giant drive which was kept alive by a phantom offsides call? I don't EVER want to hear Coughlin or the Giants fans complaining about the calls again.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something tells me they aren't complaining about the refs this morning. After all, "Bradshaw's forward motion was stopped, he didn't fumble". And that Giant drive which was kept alive by a phantom offsides call? I don't EVER want to hear Coughlin or the Giants fans complaining about the calls again.

somehow i dont think Coughlin will be *****ing with some stupid****ing black and white photos this week...he is a crybaby ***** and i hope the Giants get theshit smacked out of them by the patriots. go ****yourself coughlin you old ****!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially when they beat us.
They certainly won't get any sympathy from me.
Any calls against the other team, even when they are wrong, are good calls.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its funny because the Giants fans are raving about how Eli won that game...Wait I thought the Won by a Field Goal, Did'nt know Eli Manning Kicked Field Goals..

Members online

Latest posts