Any one noticing the Giants fans going to far?

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya ok you beat us... good win. Seriously though, some people are saying Eli is better than Rodgers. A lot of people aren't recognizing the fact that we beat ourselves. I'm not going to make excuses, but anyone that knows anything about football could see that the Pack wasn't on their game. It sucks living in New England because these people are ridiculous. I mean seriously, up here people just jump ship on their teams all the time and then run their mouths when their team actually wins. Shut up already, Enjoy the win, but enough. You hated your team a few weeks ago, now they're GREAT. UGH! I hate living in New England.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone on here last night said that Eli is the best QB in the entire league. Out of this world.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They have every reason to pound their chest..Because for YESTERDAY Eli was better

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is what I will say about Eli Manning: He just beat the best team in football, and he owns a super bowl ring. That should pretty much sum it up. That being said, Eli will never statistically be on the same level as Rodgers, Brees and Brady. Eli is a ball-control quarterback that is only recently starting to make the big plays because of newfound talent in his receiving core. Also having a stout defense makes being a quarterback a lot more easy. Is Eli ELITE? I'm still not sure on that yet, but I would say it is a pretty close call.

1. Tom brady
2. Drew Brees
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning

That is how I would rank the top 5 quarterbacks as of right now. These can and will change over the years, but if Eli is elite, he is at the bottom of the elite list.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so the Packers dropped balls, like they have all year. Who cares. If not for the refs the Packers would of lost that game in NY and would of lost this one by 40. Think about it. The only 2 TDs the Pack had were assisted by horrible calls by the refs.
#1 - the Clear Jennings Fumble! Just like his TD in week 13, completely made up for the Packers benefit. I think it was obvious to any football fan that it was a fumble. They called it a fumble, then one of the refs wearing a Packers jersey under his zebra shirt waves it off. Then the review of it, and it again clearly is a fumble, and they uphold the call. Rodgers hits Kuhn for the TD that drive.
#2 - Roughing Rodgers by Osi?! Really? I saw at least 3 times where Clay Mathews hit Eli soooooo much later and in the head and nothing was called. Watch the replay. It was disgusting what the Packers D was getting away with. On that 3rd and 10, Rodgers throws an incomplete pass and is walloped by Osi immediately after the release, no way for Osi to pull up on it, no blow to the head like they called, andit made a 1st down. later in the drive Rodgers hit the 2nd TD pass.
Not even going to mention the horrible DJ Ware spot on 3rd down.

Packers had the refs in their back pocket and still got blown out. Everyone but, it appears, Packer fans can see this. Everyone! The fans, the announcers, the analysts after on ESPN and NFL Network. It was a complete joke and shows that some games really are fixed.

But the giants overcame it.

So stop saying you beat yourselves. Without the refs, you wouldnt of had the ball for your WRs to drop them.

Go Giants.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this Packer fan isn't making any excuses. Not buying the Philbin lame excuse I've read in another thread or any others. We got our ***** handed to us and the refs definitely blew the call on the Jennings fumble. And yes the Packers have dropped passes all year including 6 in the first game. And don't even get me started about our defense or lack thereof.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli played well and hats off to him. He was clutch in that game and Arod wasnt.
Who do I think is a better QB, Rodgers obviously, hes far more consistent.

But yeh Giants won and they have every right to gloat about it, they just came into GB and beat the No. 1 seeded team.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli played well and hats off to him. He was clutch in that game and Arod wasnt.
Who do I think is a better QB, Rodgers obviously, hes far more consistent.

But yeh Giants won and they have every right to gloat about it, they just came into GB and beat the No. 1 seeded team.

I do think Rodgers is the better QB. BUT, it isnt as much a differencial as most think. Rodgers plays in a very friendly QB system, just ask Matt Flynn. If David Carr had to step in for Eli in a important game, the Gmen would be absolutely screwed. I think Flynn could be a descent to good QB, but he stepped in one game vs the Lions and stole the Packers records for TDs and Yards in a game! QB friendly system.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think Rodgers is the better QB. BUT, it isnt as much a differencial as most think. Rodgers plays in a very friendly QB system, just ask Matt Flynn. If David Carr had to step in for Eli in a important game, the Gmen would be absolutely screwed. I think Flynn could be a descent to good QB, but he stepped in one game vs the Lions and stole the Packers records for TDs and Yards in a game! QB friendly system.

I think its slightly unfair to say that about Rodgers especially after the season he has had.
Matt Flynn is a damn good QB and will do well wherever he goes in the NFL.

But the system QB is a bit of a scapegoat for other fans to take credit away from him.

If you look carefully at what he done all season, the throws with the accuracy and power, you will realise that its not because of a system that he has the season that he did.

Look for him to put up similar numbers next year.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, New York came into Lambeau and kicked our butts. Eli outplayed Rodgers. Their defense outplayed our offense and their offense outplayed our defense. There's not a whole lot we can say about the Giants right now, they deserved the win and we didn't. Yes the Packers didn't do themselves any favors, but let's not take anything away from the G-men. They whooped our butts in every area.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason Manning looked so great out there is because our d-line gave him all day back there I'm a granma but with all that time back there I could have thrown the ball,as far as a-Rod sure he did a few bad things like when he was running and went down head first,I thought he had a descent game,but he can't throw and then run and catch it too,our team was awful they did not play a good game all away around we deserve to lose when we play like that.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
This has to be one of the dumbest comments I have ever read.
Thank you for wasting my time.
Eli is the sole reason we made the playoffs this season.

Not really.

I guess your defensive line and you timely run game didn't have anything to do with your success?

I guess playing 3 horrible QB's during the tail end of the regular season didn't help your chances either.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Ahem...
Why can't you respect me and my team more??? I demand respect and I demand it now!!! I know I have basically walked into your home (online) and said hey **** I am better than you then rubbed your face in it but I don't care!!! You suck!!! Your team sucks!!!
...and scene.
That is the impression Giants fans have made on here.

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, New York came into Lambeau and kicked our butts. Eli outplayed Rodgers. Their defense outplayed our offense and their offense outplayed our defense. There's not a whole lot we can say about the Giants right now, they deserved the win and we didn't. Yes the Packers didn't do themselves any favors, but let's not take anything away from the G-men. They whooped our butts in every area.

You literally quoted me -- you get it -- many Packers fans will cry in their soup all winter

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
You literally quoted me -- you get it -- many Packers fans will cry in their soup all winter

Do you honestly expect an opposing fanbase to be happy about losing? To look at anything objectively and free of bias?

You are here just to stir **** up and subtly rub it in. Just go away.

You beat us and won the game, but yet you feel the need to come around here instead of celebrating with your fanbase

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's a bitter loss, did you expect most of us to just worship the ground you walk on for it? No, naturally everyone is upset, and it doesn't help when an opposing fan member is sticking around just to rub it in.

We, however, will take solace in the fact that we still have the best player in the NFL on our team, as well as the second youngest team in the NFL. We will be back, again and again and again and again. Good luck to your team the rest of the way.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so the Packers dropped balls, like they have all year. Who cares. If not for the refs the Packers would of lost that game in NY and would of lost this one by 40. Think about it. The only 2 TDs the Pack had were assisted by horrible calls by the refs.
#1 - the Clear Jennings Fumble! Just like his TD in week 13, completely made up for the Packers benefit. I think it was obvious to any football fan that it was a fumble. They called it a fumble, then one of the refs wearing a Packers jersey under his zebra shirt waves it off. Then the review of it, and it again clearly is a fumble, and they uphold the call. Rodgers hits Kuhn for the TD that drive.
#2 - Roughing Rodgers by Osi?! Really? I saw at least 3 times where Clay Mathews hit Eli soooooo much later and in the head and nothing was called. Watch the replay. It was disgusting what the Packers D was getting away with. On that 3rd and 10, Rodgers throws an incomplete pass and is walloped by Osi immediately after the release, no way for Osi to pull up on it, no blow to the head like they called, andit made a 1st down. later in the drive Rodgers hit the 2nd TD pass.
Not even going to mention the horrible DJ Ware spot on 3rd down.

Packers had the refs in their back pocket and still got blown out. Everyone but, it appears, Packer fans can see this. Everyone! The fans, the announcers, the analysts after on ESPN and NFL Network. It was a complete joke and shows that some games really are fixed.

But the giants overcame it.

So stop saying you beat yourselves. Without the refs, you wouldnt of had the ball for your WRs to drop them.

Go Giants.
Wrong forum pal for looking for sympathy for blown calls against the team the Packers played.
Complain all you want to but I'll disagree.
Any calls that went the Packers way were good calls.
End of discussion.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahem...
Why can't you respect me and my team more??? I demand respect and I demand it now!!! I know I have basically walked into your home (online) and said hey **** I am better than you then rubbed your face in it but I don't care!!! You suck!!! Your team sucks!!!
...and scene.
That is the impression Giants fans have made on here.
We'll get cockroaches to play that scene.
It'll be perfect casting because they invade, are everywhere and they won't leave.

Staff online

Members online