Any one noticing the Giants fans going to far?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
lol is Aaron and Eli going to become the new Peyton/Tom? Well if they keep playing each other every year it might happen. The ages are close enough to make it realistic. Rodgers/Brees never hit me as well. Too far apart in age. Brees is more comparable to Peyton/Brady IMO.

I remember years ago Peyton made a comment like "Eli is really underrated. I think he will win multiple Super Bowl's when all is said and done." I laughed at the time but maybe I shouldn't.

Eli has always been underrated. I'll take Aaron over him but Eli is damn good at times, especially in the playoffs.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
The only reason Manning looked so great out there is because our d-line gave him all day back there I'm a granma but with all that time back there I could have thrown the ball,as far as a-Rod sure he did a few bad things like when he was running and went down head first,I thought he had a descent game,but he can't throw and then run and catch it too,our team was awful they did not play a good game all away around we deserve to lose when we play like that.

I agree, the few times we did get close to Manning he threw some downright dogs.

I also agree that Rodgers did NOT have a good night, and he threw some dogs, too. I really don't think resting him up in the Detroit game did him any favors. I hope that little experiment is done with.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, the few times we did get close to Manning he threw some downright dogs.

I also agree that Rodgers did NOT have a good night, and he threw some dogs, too. I really don't think resting him up in the Detroit game did him any favors. I hope that little experiment is done with.
You play Aaron and it's a chance that he gets hurt.
I really don't think that resting him is what did it.
He doesn't play any games for three weeks but he did practice.
I think the death and funeral got into Aaron's and the player's heads.

cpprmn10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so the Packers dropped balls, like they have all year. Who cares. If not for the refs the Packers would of lost that game in NY and would of lost this one by 40. Think about it. The only 2 TDs the Pack had were assisted by horrible calls by the refs.
#1 - the Clear Jennings Fumble! Just like his TD in week 13, completely made up for the Packers benefit. I think it was obvious to any football fan that it was a fumble. They called it a fumble, then one of the refs wearing a Packers jersey under his zebra shirt waves it off. Then the review of it, and it again clearly is a fumble, and they uphold the call. Rodgers hits Kuhn for the TD that drive.
#2 - Roughing Rodgers by Osi?! Really? I saw at least 3 times where Clay Mathews hit Eli soooooo much later and in the head and nothing was called. Watch the replay. It was disgusting what the Packers D was getting away with. On that 3rd and 10, Rodgers throws an incomplete pass and is walloped by Osi immediately after the release, no way for Osi to pull up on it, no blow to the head like they called, andit made a 1st down. later in the drive Rodgers hit the 2nd TD pass.
Not even going to mention the horrible DJ Ware spot on 3rd down.

Packers had the refs in their back pocket and still got blown out. Everyone but, it appears, Packer fans can see this. Everyone! The fans, the announcers, the analysts after on ESPN and NFL Network. It was a complete joke and shows that some games really are fixed.

But the giants overcame it.

So stop saying you beat yourselves. Without the refs, you wouldnt of had the ball for your WRs to drop them.

Go Giants.
You guys are too much with the ref stuff. I was listening to WFAN at lunch today and a caller was moaning about a call in the super bowl against the Ravens!!! Are you kidding me? Osi had plenty of time to stop. He also hit the back of rodgers helmet, you just need to watch without blue tinted glasses. It's on you tube. Jennings? The league came out with a statement defending the refs. I thought it was a fumble at the time, and still do. But geez guys, let the ref stuff go. 24/7 gets really irritating.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, I don't get it, what the hell does that call have to do with anything, how did the refs. try to "Give" the game to the Packs..lol. Is it really that important even if the Giants won...

You guys are too much with the ref stuff. I was listening to WFAN at lunch today and a caller was moaning about a call in the super bowl against the Ravens!!! Are you kidding me? Osi had plenty of time to stop. He also hit the back of rodgers helmet, you just need to watch without blue tinted glasses. It's on you tube. Jennings? The league came out with a statement defending the refs. I thought it was a fumble at the time, and still do. But geez guys, let the ref stuff go. 24/7 gets really irritating.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WOW... stop it

that osi hit was RIDICULOUS. HE DID NOT touch his helmet.

Fine, if your going to flag that play though there were TWO other plays with hits on Eli that WERENT called. It annoys me that they call a tight game like that, its too soft for my liking, BUT i'll live with it as long as its called even and it wasn't called even.

Mix that with crap that happened the first game with those three touchdowns and I think most fans have a legit gripe. The good thing about it is that it didn't effect the outcome of the game and hopfully the NFL will stop making this challange process a "Game" and just get the right call.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, I don't get it, what the hell does that call have to do with anything, how did the refs. try to "Give" the game to the Packs..lol. Is it really that important even if the Giants won...

well the truth of it is that those are the only two drives u guys scored. I agree its in the past, but it just goes to show how awful calls ilke that can brutally effect the game. The hit on Rodgers was 3rd down and u would of punted and then obviously the fumble would of been a change of possession.

Im not crying over spilled milk, but I think thats something everybody should worry about. How the hell could they see that replay and not over turn it? I mean u guys could be the next victims of something horrendous as that

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You play Aaron and it's a chance that he gets hurt.
I really don't think that resting him is what did it.
He doesn't play any games for three weeks but he did practice.
I think the death and funeral got into Aaron's and the player's heads.

i think it was a mix of both. I think theres something to be said for u guys being a rhythm team and not being put to the test. These guys are all creatures of habit.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind the giants fans here, they came to us, I think that's funny/sad/pathetic/ and a tribute in a way. True to being great fans and a dominant franchise, we don't go to anyone, they come to us.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Yep, it doesn't matter one iota to me. The Packers handed the Giants their azzes last year late in the season and beat them earlier this year. If they want to come back and wave it in our faces that they won when it counted I'm okay with that.
What you have to realize is that they KNOW they took one easy this time. They KNOW the Packers are a better team when they are equal to even average best. They KNOW they stole one.
Good for Giants fans, but if anybody, anywhere thinks Eli is elite you just don't know football. He's good but he's no Rodgers/Brady/Brees. The nice thing is we play the Giants next year, I'll be looking forward to that game. You now, the game during a perfect season for the Pack.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is true, I think they come here because they Know Packer Fans are known for their dedication and passion for their team. Even in Texas the Packer Fans at Lambeau are seen as the ultimate over-the-top Fan, Going shirtless in extremely Cold weather with the Cheeseheads etc. They know this and probably see this as a way to go face to face with the "crazy" GB fans.

LOL, Off topic I heard somewhere that in Greenbay Aaron Rodgers was more popular than Jesus..lol, If that's true then that is AWESOME!!

I don't mind the giants fans here, they came to us, I think that's funny/sad/pathetic/ and a tribute in a way. True to being great fans and a dominant franchise, we don't go to anyone, they come to us.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, it doesn't matter one iota to me. The Packers handed the Giants their azzes last year late in the season and beat them earlier this year. If they want to come back and wave it in our faces that they won when it counted I'm okay with that.
What you have to realize is that they KNOW they took one easy this time. They KNOW the Packers are a better team when they are equal to even average best. They KNOW they stole one.
Good for Giants fans, but if anybody, anywhere thinks Eli is elite you just don't know football. He's good but he's no Rodgers/Brady/Brees. The nice thing is we play the Giants next year, I'll be looking forward to that game. You now, the game during a perfect season for the Pack.

you dont have to be a great passer to be an elite QB. You just need to win multiple games and Big Games and quite frankly, E Mannings resume is more extensive than Rodgers at this point. Rodgers has had a great start but it will be a while to say he's this or that or what ever. Eli has beaten Favre, Rodgers and Brady in major games. He may not have elite stats but he has an elite track record and thats all that matters.

Brady 14-5 post season..its been a couple years hat he hasnt been post season releveant till now though
P manning has 9-10 post season ..does he come back? he's been to 2 SBs
Manning has 6-3
Rodgers has 6-2
as of now Manning is one up on Rodgers no matter how you slice it .

understanding of course that this is a team sport and you need defense,coaching etc to get anywhere.

and Brady may not have that 14 if not for a guy named Vinateri..or how ever you spell it LOL

I am a Packers fan, but I like everything about Eli, his story, family,development,beating the Patriot Juggernaut.
But they are all NFL players who are friends or respect each other and collect big paychecks while silly fans make a name calling war against each other about it. they like to succeed but its still a job to them too and they want to make it home alive like the rest of us.

as far as your idea that the Giants took a game away from who they thought was a superior opponent..thats very ,very silly. What happened was,they lost by 3 earlier this year and then Coughlin prepared his team well again and came out on top this time. Just like he did after a close loss the Patriots in the Giants Super Bowl year.

the Packers and Saints were great passing teams this year....but thats all they were

LOL and just to add..Favre is 13 - 11 all time...win or lose, the fact is he has been to 24 playoff games, thats alot

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this Packer fan isn't making any excuses. Not buying the Philbin lame excuse I've read in another thread or any others. We got our ***** handed to us and the refs definitely blew the call on the Jennings fumble. And yes the Packers have dropped passes all year including 6 in the first game. And don't even get me started about our defense or lack thereof.
I like your new sig. :tup:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
well the truth of it is that those are the only two drives u guys scored. I agree its in the past, but it just goes to show how awful calls ilke that can brutally effect the game. The hit on Rodgers was 3rd down and u would of punted and then obviously the fumble would of been a change of possession.

Im not crying over spilled milk, but I think thats something everybody should worry about. How the hell could they see that replay and not over turn it? I mean u guys could be the next victims of something horrendous as that

Not sure if your talking about the Jennings fumble?

If so, I heard on the radio that the only reason is that the refs didnt see the replay we did..Not sure how true, but it was a bad call all around..

It was a fumble and it should been your ball

Side note, now you know how we feel after the 98 playoffs vs the Niners..Rice fumbled, wasnt even near the ground but the refs ruled him down..They edned up scoring on that drive and we lost..And it was his only catch of the day..

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you dont have to be a great passer to be an elite QB. You just need to win multiple games and Big Games and quite frankly, E Mannings resume is more extensive than Rodgers at this point. Rodgers has had a great start but it will be a while to say he's this or that or what ever. Eli has beaten Favre, Rodgers and Brady in major games. He may not have elite stats but he has an elite track record and thats all that matters.

Brady 14-5 post season..its been a couple years hat he hasnt been post season releveant till now though
P manning has 9-10 post season ..does he come back? he's been to 2 SBs
Manning has 6-3
Rodgers has 6-2
as of now Manning is one up on Rodgers no matter how you slice it .

understanding of course that this is a team sport and you need defense,coaching etc to get anywhere.

and Brady may not have that 14 if not for a guy named Vinateri..or how ever you spell it LOL

I am a Packers fan, but I like everything about Eli, his story, family,development,beating the Patriot Juggernaut.
But they are all NFL players who are friends or respect each other and collect big paychecks while silly fans make a name calling war against each other about it. they like to succeed but its still a job to them too and they want to make it home alive like the rest of us.

as far as your idea that the Giants took a game away from who they thought was a superior opponent..thats very ,very silly. What happened was,they lost by 3 earlier this year and then Coughlin prepared his team well again and came out on top this time. Just like he did after a close loss the Patriots in the Giants Super Bowl year.

the Packers and Saints were great passing teams this year....but thats all they were

LOL and just to add..Favre is 13 - 11 all time...win or lose, the fact is he has been to 24 playoff games, thats alot

In response to your "Eli is more clutch than Rodgers": Rodgers has been in 3 postseasons. The first one Rodgers played in 2009 he was outstanding, losing to the Cardinals 51-45. The second one in 2010 Rodgers was brilliant and was the SB MVP. The third one was this season and Rodgers was not that good.

To say that Rodgers hasn't fared as well as Eli in the postseason is a stretch. The only thing that Eli has going for him is more appearances, because he's been in the league longer and has been on a playoff team. To say that Manning is "one up" on Rodgers at this point really isn't saying anything.

"Eli has beaten Rodgers, Favre and Brady in major games.".....That is so inaccurate. You don't play against an opposting QB, you play against an opposing defense and an opposing team. Last year Rodgers "played against Eli" and he "beat" Eli 45-17 and knocked Eli and the Giants out of the playoffs. Statements like that seem silly to me but by your thinking that's what happened.

What you're doing is very typical. It's the selective amnesia, "my QB beat your QB in this game so he's better" syndrome. So even though you say that you're against the name calling war, you are doing just that. You're way of comparing Rodgers to Eli is flawed. Eli is one up on Rodgers because Rodgers hasn't had as many opportunities yet? With less opportunities, Rodgers has a SB ring correct? So who is one up on who? Eli has been the starter in 4 postseasons. 2007 was his glory season. 2004, 2005 and 2008 he did not play very well in the playoffs, and he and the Giants were one-and-done. Now he's having his second good playoff run and all of a sudden he's better, more clutch than Rodgers.

It's silly.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Not really.

I guess your defensive line and you timely run game didn't have anything to do with your success?

I guess playing 3 horrible QB's during the tail end of the regular season didn't help your chances either.

There's a reason they started winning AFTER they got a running game back.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Side note, now you know how we feel after the 98 playoffs vs the Niners..Rice fumbled, wasnt even near the ground but the refs ruled him down..They edned up scoring on that drive and we lost..And it was his only catch of the day..
Jerry didn't fumble!
*runs and hides behind the bar*

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Rodgers had a season for the ages. It should not be forgotten despite the one and done.

And as usual the QB usually gets too much praise in a win and too much criticism in a loss, especially in the playoffs.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In response to your "Eli is more clutch than Rodgers": Rodgers has been in 3 postseasons. The first one Rodgers played in 2009 he was outstanding, losing to the Cardinals 51-45. The second one in 2010 Rodgers was brilliant and was the SB MVP. The third one was this season and Rodgers was not that good.

To say that Rodgers hasn't fared as well as Eli in the postseason is a stretch. The only thing that Eli has going for him is more appearances, because he's been in the league longer and has been on a playoff team. To say that Manning is "one up" on Rodgers at this point really isn't saying anything.

"Eli has beaten Rodgers, Favre and Brady in major games.".....That is so inaccurate. You don't play against an opposting QB, you play against an opposing defense and an opposing team. Last year Rodgers "played against Eli" and he "beat" Eli 45-17 and knocked Eli and the Giants out of the playoffs. Statements like that seem silly to me but by your thinking that's what happened.

What you're doing is very typical. It's the selective amnesia, "my QB beat your QB in this game so he's better" syndrome. So even though you say that you're against the name calling war, you are doing just that. You're way of comparing Rodgers to Eli is flawed. Eli is one up on Rodgers because Rodgers hasn't had as many opportunities yet? With less opportunities, Rodgers has a SB ring correct? So who is one up on who? Eli has been the starter in 4 postseasons. 2007 was his glory season. 2004, 2005 and 2008 he did not play very well in the playoffs, and he and the Giants were one-and-done. Now he's having his second good playoff run and all of a sudden he's better, more clutch than Rodgers.

It's silly.

my QB beat your QB? LOL i am a Packers fan. But yeah, if you want to compare /contrast, Eli is the better man.
dont you think youre having selective amnesia because you are being a homer for a particular teams QB? maybe? a little ? Eli has had to come from behind and deal with more adversity. Their both great players,weve seen them perform.
But in comparison Rodgers has just been a front runner. Eli has carried a bigger burden this year and done more with seemingly less. And quite frankly,there is nothing wrong with being selective. Eli beat Rodgers in a playoff game. That puts him one up in Stats and stature-period. But, hey, they both have rings and played major roles in sports history of late. Either one will be lucky to get back one more time if ever. Eli is the Better man because he lead a supposed weaker team against a stronger team and beat them in their own stadium...seems like a basic true formula to me.

dont get me wrong-dont take it personal. Just having fun with this .

one more thing- heck yeah I would call Eli way more clutch than Rodgers over their entire careers. Lets see how Rodgers does when he has less talent around him.

and yes, I know literally that QBs dont play each other but so what? thats how it gets compared in fandom..so yes, Eli beat, Rodgers, Favre and Brady because those were great QBs on great teams,so that is how i'll classify it LOL

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my QB beat your QB? LOL i am a Packers fan. But yeah, if you want to compare /contrast, Eli is the better man.

Ok please, let me just stop you right there, since you think I'm just being a homer.

Aaron Rodgers has been a starter for 4 seasons right? Please review the 4 seasons that Rodgers has been a starting QB for the Packers and tell me that Eli is better.

Eli has had more adversity to deal with? This season maybe, but then again, maybe Rodgers had to play with a team that had one of the worst pass defenses in the history of the NFL. Is that a little adversity? Are Hakeem Nicks, Cruz and Manningham worse than Jennings, Nelson and Driver? Many actually say that they are better. So where again is the adversity? The Giants' OL? Wait...the Packers' OL has been riddled with injuries this year. Lack of offensive weapons? Wait...the Giants have a better running game than the Packers by far, don't they?

Eli and Rodgers both have a ring. Eli and Rodgers have both been one-and-out in the playoffs. Rodgers twice, Eli four times.

Eli "beat" Rodgers this year and they were one-and-done. Rodgers "beat" Eli last year and knocked the Giants out of the playoffs.

So please tell me, why is Eli so much better than Rodgers? I really want to hear it.

Last, I'll play the old hypothetical game. Let's say Rodgers and Eli switched teams this year. Assuming they were fully integrated into the offenses, would Eli have done better than Rodgers on the Packers? Would Rodgers have done better on the Giants? I know what my answers to those questions would be.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Riiiight, so everyone on the radio, fans of all teams not named the Packers, TV analysts, broadcasters doing the game are all wrong and you and your packer homers are right... Sure. Keep telling yourself the refs didnt help you guys out. Some of you guys are ridiculous. I even know a few Pack fans that said the Pack got every call their way. Something was fishy. It was clearly obvious.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This is true, I think they come here because they Know Packer Fans are known for their dedication and passion for their team. Even in Texas the Packer Fans at Lambeau are seen as the ultimate over-the-top Fan, Going shirtless in extremely Cold weather with the Cheeseheads etc. They know this and probably see this as a way to go face to face with the "crazy" GB fans.

LOL, Off topic I heard somewhere that in Greenbay Aaron Rodgers was more popular than Jesus..lol, If that's true then that is AWESOME!!

AND because they're afraid to go to the 49ers webzone forums and face Niner fans. I think they are hanging on to this win and hanging around here because they know that after Sunday their season is done. They're afraid to go where the battle is because they're afraid they're team is going to lose that game.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Even I thought that was a bad call on Jennings fumble but why are the Giants fans still talking about that? You WON the game, you won big so why are you so worried about that one missed call? Geeez. I thought it was the wrong call too, I won't deny it but I don't see how anyone really should argue about it if they won the game. Would be much different if the game was a 3-7 point victory and that one blown call ended up costing them.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Even I thought that was a bad call on Jennings fumble but why are the Giants fans still talking about that? You WON the game, you won big so why are you so worried about that one missed call? Geeez. I thought it was the wrong call too, I won't deny it but I don't see how anyone really should argue about it if they won the game. Would be much different if the game was a 3-7 point victory and that one blown call ended up costing them.

Perhaps it's because like the Lions' Schwartz, the Giants Coach seems to think there is a reffing conspiracy against them. Players and fans tend to pick up the attitude of the Coach.

Members online

Latest posts