1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Anthony Smith?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by RamsInfiniti, Sep 6, 2009.

1. RamsInfiniti

RamsInfiniti Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there. My Rams just claimed Anthony Smith off of waivers. I know this guy to be a hard hitting playmaker. From talking with a couple Packers fans, he was having a fantastic preseason, maybe even playing into a starting role ...

Then you cut him? What gives?

2. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Apparently Anthony Smith wasn't so good in the locker room. He seemed to be disruptive from what I've heard. He didn't fit in with the Packers locker room chemistry.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I don't think it was a locker room problem. Barnett liked him. I think it had more to do with attitude. Reports indicate that he didn't want to play ST (though he played well), and that he often just forgot about his assignment to make plays (sucessfully, sometimes). And he doesn't have good burst. I was stunned by the move, as I though he was actually contending for a starting role. But when neither Dick LeBeau nor Dom Capers hang onto a guy, something's wrong, I'll tell you that.

4. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I don't think he's a bad player but he isn't a special teamer and our coaches like our backups to play on ST. Maybe he'll do well for you guys...? :)