All Capers Threads merged

lol_wut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say 412 passing yards is getting torched. It looked like last year when Reggie Wayne ripped through our secondary.

I'll live with that. For now at least. Get Burnett and Hayward back and by mid season, the D as a whole is top notch. They just SHUT DOWN one of the best running teams in football, the rest will get there.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think that can be considered any type of push of OPI..Just re watched it

Never would be called...

It was PI. Boldin shoved off with his arm and that is what got him open. I watched it several times too. Apologize for Boldin all you want but it was text book OPI.

kaiser7ko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All year long all I've been hearing is how bad the Pack's D is and how badly they were going to get torched today.

That didn't happen.

Yes they made mistakes, but the Pack went into the best team in the NFC's house and shut their run down.

Pack will get better and there's still a LOT of football left to be played.

Over 400 yards passing. In your eyes that isn't getting torched? I understand we did well against the run but when they are able to pass the ball so easily against you what good is that? An offence will always attack the lowest area of resistance. Today that was our secondary. McMillan missed more tackles than he made and how he was matched up against Boldin so many times without any kind of adjustment (at least until it was too late) is beyond belief.

Now I'm optimistic that the D will improve with the return of Burnett and even Hayward. But lets not go calling a turd anything other than it is. Tonight the D's performance was a big steaming turd.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As bad as I felt after the last Niner game, I feel wayyyyy better after tonight, mistakes and all. We had a chance to win when the final gun sounded. I'll trust the coaching staff to get better and am optimistic about this year. We played right there with the defending conference champs. Don't panic.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cant blame the D yet, look at the time of possession, once again SPECIAL TEAMS kills us in key times. Fire slocum if anyone.

I disagree, give 400 passing yards is unexceptable!!! In part this was lost in game planning. We shut the run and read option but let 9ers pick us apart. We did NOT make adjustments.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It was PI. Boldin shoved off with his arm and that is what got him open. I watched it several times too. Apologize for Boldin all you want but it was text book OPI.

Not apologizing..I have seen WR do it and never is called..any harder ---then okay it should been called..

But I think it was nothing..

so we just will have to disagree on it

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After giving up 579 yds in the playoffs and being called soft. After living with that all offseason and putting the coaches through the test on how to stop the Read Option. After all of the draft picks on defense over the past 2 years amounted to: 494 yds, 38 minutes time of possession and a Receiver that puts up over 200 yds. Hmmm now where is the major improvement?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree, give 400 passing yards is unexceptable!!! In part this was lost in game planning. We shut the run and read option but let 9ers pick us apart. We did NOT make adjustments.

Its tough to play against a QB like Kap when you have the safeties GB had playing back there. I think the pass Defense would have looked a lot better with Morgan Burnett playing, even if the 9ners had Crabtree and Manningham.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its tough to play against a QB like Kap when you have the safeties GB had playing back there. I think the pass Defense would have looked a lot better with Morgan Burnett playing, even if the 9ners had Crabtree and Manningham.

That why we needs blitzes and stunts and bring pressure. The few times we did it it worked.

robertk328

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys played their ***** off. The fumble was bad but Boldin was lights out. Once I saw he went from Bal to SF I knew he would be a difference maker. He was.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
After giving up 579 yds in the playoffs and being called soft. After living with that all offseason and putting the coaches through the test on how to stop the Read Option. After all of the draft picks on defense over the past 2 years amounted to: 494 yds, 38 minutes time of possession and a Receiver that puts up over 200 yds. Hmmm now where is the major improvement?

the whole thing in the offseason was to stop the read option and stop the run, and the defense accomplished that today, however they forgot how to cover. Had kaepernick put up 100 yards rushing and frank gore ran for 100 yards and 2 tds that would have meant imminent firings on the staff. Like i said in the chat earlier, the game plan was obviously to contain kaepernick, that is going to hurt your pass rush, Capers wanted kaepernick to beat us with his arm and he did. Atleast it was a good game instead of getting run off of the field and disrespected like the last match up.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why hasn't this thread been merged? Don't we already have a dedicated "Fire capers" thread?

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Over 400 yards passing. In your eyes that isn't getting torched? I understand we did well against the run but when they are able to pass the ball so easily against you what good is that? An offence will always attack the lowest area of resistance. Today that was our secondary. McMillan missed more tackles than he made and how he was matched up against Boldin so many times without any kind of adjustment (at least until it was too late) is beyond belief.

Now I'm optimistic that the D will improve with the return of Burnett and even Hayward. But lets not go calling a turd anything other than it is. Tonight the D's performance was a big steaming turd.
Oh the run yards definitely hurt, but we had injuries there which will hopefully return. What I consider getting torched is 579. Considering it's the first game, the Niners are the best team in the NFC, and the fact we were back out at the Stick, and I think losing by only two FGs isn't bad at all. I think we'll definitely see those guys again in the playoffs (hopefully at Lambeau) and give them a run for their money.

Having said that, there's still 16 weeks of football left and I'm looking forward to playing the Skins.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Makes me think Ted should have made an effort to get another safety or two.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the whole thing in the offseason was to stop the read option and stop the run, and the defense accomplished that today, however they forgot how to cover. Had kaepernick put up 100 yards rushing and frank gore ran for 100 yards and 2 tds that would have meant imminent firings on the staff. Like i said in the chat earlier, the game plan was obviously to contain kaepernick, that is going to hurt your pass rush, Capers wanted kaepernick to beat us with his arm and he did. Atleast it was a good game instead of getting run off of the field and disrespected like the last match up.

The problem was that we had such terrible safety play. Capers couldn't compensate for that.

OP
OP
Gottafly

Gottafly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a life long fan but the past two years if we get the lead in the fourth quarter we automatically go into the prevent defense which should be called "We will let you score so we can get the ball back into Rodgers hands to try and get the come from behind win"!!!!!

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's looking at the stats and not understanding what's happening.

Kap. is a very mobile quarterback. If you play a lot of man coverages, he will KILL you with his legs--too many guys with their backs to him. So you need to play a lot (mostly) zone coverages.

We're not a great zone team at 100%. Good enough, but not "good." Hayward and Burnett are two of our better zone players.

The pass rush didn't get home enough, but watch the tape. Mostly VERY vanilla, straight ahead rushes. Why? Because again, Kap will break you if you twist and get creative. Lane integrity is key!

Against a good mobile quarterback, they had a sound game plan. They took away the easy stuff and make him beat them with his arm. Unfortunately, he did fine job of it.

We played them well. If we can play cleaner and not turn the ball over, we probably with this one.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We played them well. If we can play cleaner and not turn the ball over, we probably with this one.

Nobody can watch that game and come away saying, "Yep. Those 49ers are a lot better than the Packers."

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very True! Right now the difference between GB and Seattle & San Fran is that our DB's are finesse players whereas they're much more physical. We have no one in our secondary that is an intimidator.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

F**k Me.... Are you F**ing kidding me. That was an awesome game. Old style smashmouth football. two Goliath's trading blows. Ali and Frazer punching it out. If Ross doesn't make two bad decisions the game could have come out different. We have a rookie left tackle, a second year right tackle, a rookie running back and still we bring the game down to the final minutes ...in their house. Not to mention the missed calls,(facemask, tripping etc..) quit whining and appreciate this game for how good it was. The future is very bright for the Pack.

We just may have seen a preview of the NFC Championship game. We'll see. 15 weeks to go and alot can happen between now and then. I F**kin hate Madden and fantasy football. You young guys do not appreciate great football. I hope this rivalry blossoms into a Holy wars type of rivalry like the Steelers and Raiders of the 70's. 7 touchdowns passing is boring. This was great football.

Disclaimer:
This post was made under the influence of copious amount of good beer. (not that watered down S**t that is promoting watered down Football.)

Members online

Latest posts