Alex Green

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any reasons we havent seen him at all? I was really excited about seeing Green, yet havent even heard his name this year yet. Just wondering if I am missing something.

OP
OP
Frozencheese

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhh, I've been remodeling my house, so I havent really been in the loop for about a week now...I was lucky to get away and watch the game yesterday. Thanks

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Starks, Grant, and Kuhn have been doing a good job so far. No need to really use Green till one of them is out a game.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Starks, Grant, and Kuhn have been doing a good job so far. No need to really use Green till one of them is out a game.
I got to disagree. Green would be good as a quick surprise to a defense, almost like a wild cat option for the Packers. I think Green is a good security blanket, much better than Nance was.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I got to disagree. Green would be good as a quick surprise to a defense, almost like a wild cat option for the Packers. I think Green is a good security blanket, much better than Nance was.
True. Nance never impressed me.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yeah I think cutting Nance was the right thing. Just think of how this year going on week 3 is so different than last year, we were in the SAME position, 2 - 0, going against the Bears at home, and everyone was whining about geting a new RB. Now we are discussing not even playing one.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Green was active vs. the Saints - I saw number 20 on at least one of the STs units. He was inactive vs. the Panthers. I think as soon as he can master picking up the blitz he'll be given a shot as the third down back. Either that or if he really shines on STs.

Right now I'd like to see Starks as the workhorse back and Grant as the third down back because of the three RBs he's the best at picking up the blitz (Kuhn is even better but he's much less a threat as an outlet pass receiver). And as soon as Green gets as good as Grant I'd like to see him on third downs with Grant in reserve in case of injury. Next year I'll bet we will see Starks as the RB and Green as the third down back with a rookie RB taking Grant's spot on the roster.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
That's the key. Right now we only need a third down back. I think Starks has pretty well wrapped up the starting job. Until Green can pickup blitzes he has no value on the field, Don't know how good he is on special teams.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the staff rewards players who practice hard. Or in starks case, sometimes punishes.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need Green yet. But if, when, either Starks or Grant get nicked up, then we will unleash the beast out of Hawaii.

McCarthy's trying to give defenses a chance to stop us for now, a little bit.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Grant is averaging 4.33 yards per carry. That is more than fine.

Starks is doing great though with over 6 yards a carry....but Grant putting 4.3 yards per carry. Not going anywhere, and shouldn't.

Millertown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
grants a good guy and holds true to a personality the packers love, but i don't think we'll be seeing any more 1000+ yard seasons from the guy. while he looks bigger than i've ever seen him, i just don't see the same explosiveness from him. it's only been two games, so maybe it's just a case of getting warmed up after the injury last year and lack of post season. i have palpable excitement about green from the few times i've seen him run. stark has obviously sealed the number one spot. i'd love to see how starks/green works.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Starks the number one guy? He killed EVERY drive today. Starks was god awful. McCarthy stayed with him. He fumbled...ended drives....sickening for McCarthy to stick with him today. I cannot count how many times we did run Starks, run Starks, screen pass to Starks....PUNT and/or Field Goal.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
1/2 yard per carry average with a fumble and 3 receptions for less than 10 yards. I think the Bears D keyed on him a bit.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
While Starks didn't play the best today, I don't think i can put all the blame on him. They had him shut down....You can't have a 5 star performance every game. Grant made up for it, so I give him the break.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember one of the drives we took over at 11 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. The Packers were on an awesome drive with grant doing the work. The second we got a 1st down inside the 30...we gave it to starts on two runs for a combined two yards...then a stupid dump pass to him for nothing. The drive after the first pick, I believe..., we had done the same thing, except had to punt. I cannot believe McCarthy stuck with him. Then the clown fumbled (this was prior to Grant's injury).

I think it is funny everyone said Grant was horrible, which he came in with OVER 4 yards per carry. Look like fools.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
:laugh: Chipper, you crack me up. It is good, however, to have a stable with two good horses in the back field. Grant and Starks can pick up each other's slack on any given day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts