Adrian Peterson

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring him in to show Dillon some of those super human tricks.
Make those young guys work for their starting jobs. Old man Peterson is liable to make them look bad if they don't dominate....

Plus I do a sign Adrian Peterson post every year. Don't want to lose my streak

*Sits and waits for captWimm*

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Headed to the Lions. Likely chose there so he can chase Emmitt's records while playing against (relatively) familiar opponents considering his experience in the North.

Supremo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough to sign a 3rd or 4th runningback that probably won't contribute on special teams.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Big name fa thread happens almost every time

Doesn't matter how washed up or what they could contribute..someone sees a name and posts we need him

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big name fa thread happens almost every time

Doesn't matter how washed up or what they could contribute..someone sees a name and posts we need him
I don't think anyone here was necessarily saying we need Peterson, but considering his style of running and whatnot he could've been of use had we gotten him and it would've been rather cheap. However, the running position is not really something we're in need of right now.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson is intense.... At 35 I guarantee he would have pushed our young runners to play harder..... And probabally teach them a few tricks at the same time.....

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson is intense.... At 35 I guarantee he would have pushed our young runners to play harder..... And probabally teach them a few tricks at the same time.....

if your coaches can't manage to get the most out of your guys
then you are SOL
can't be saving roster spots for cheerleaders

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm going to sign an old veteran pass their prime this late in the game, give me a biggun in the trenches on the defensive side of the ball or a possession WR.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Headed to the Lions. Likely chose there so he can chase Emmitt's records while playing against (relatively) familiar opponents considering his experience in the North.

Is he in reach of any of Emmitt's records. I know for yards he is several thousand short. Highly unlikely he comes close to that one.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he in reach of any of Emmitt's records. I know for yards he is several thousand short. Highly unlikely he comes close to that one.
How likely was him rushing for 2000 yds after turning his knee inside out 8 months earlier?

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ya, definitely unlikely. I just know he's mentioned it as a goal several times. Sounds like Detroit is gonna let him carry it often, so maybe he passes Sanders this year, but I dunno how long he can keep it up. Will need to play another 3-4 years at a very high level to reach Smith. Guys joints will be powder by the time all is said and done.

H

HardRightEdge

Peterson is 4,000+ yards behind Smith. He's 35 years old. He's delusional if that's what he was thinking.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
week one: Adrian Peterson 14 for 93 no scores 6.6avg
I think everybody is aware that Peterson takes good care of his body and is certainly a physical freak of a RB. I think those numbers speak well of Detroit’s O-line and maybe tells us something also about Chicago’s defense.

I don’t see him in our future roster.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aside for the kid-beating thing, I admire the heck out of AP as a player. That said, at this stage of the game it's like buying a 30yr old car. At any moment a wheel will fly off or your foot will go through the rusted floor board.

We have a good RB room again so no need to toss mutton into a pile of fresh lamb chops.

D

Deleted member 6794

Washington releasing Peterson while not having much talent at running back is telling. In addition he's not a fit to excel in a system with a quarterback mostly lining up in the shotgun.

I really don't see any reason to bring up his name every time he's released by another team.