Aaron Rodgers has Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes we all have a right to do what we want with our own bodies. I still would rather be vaccinated than not be vaccinated. There are risks with everything in life—- even in getting out of bed in the morning!!! Lol. Yes you can still get covid with vaccinations but I would much rather suffer through a mild case than die in a hospital. Just my opinion

In Rodgers' age group the risk of death is about 1 in 4000, and the vast majority of those have major preexisting conditions.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL will be examining the way the Green Bay Packers adhere to the league’s COVID-19 protocols after quarterback Aaron Rodgers tested positive for the virus.

A source confirmed an NFL Network report that Rodgers was not vaccinated and thus subject to much tougher rules about social distancing, mask wearing and testing.

There were abundant photos on social media of a Halloween party that Rodgers apparently attended over the weekend, possibly violating a rule that states unvaccinated players “are prohibited from gathering in groups of more than three” players outside of the facility or while on the road.

In addition, Rodgers has been attending news conferences without a mask despite the fact he is required to wear one indoors at all times.

The NFL requires teams to provide at least 30 days of video surveillance of the facility so that the NFL can check that teams are following protocols. They can fine players $14,650 for each offense and punish clubs however severely they wish.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

At the maximum, a repeat offender can face increased discipline, including conduct detrimental to the team with a maximum fine amount equal to one week’s salary and/or suspension without pay for a period of up to four weeks.

In a statement, the NFL indicated it would be auditing the Packers.

“The primary responsibility for enforcement of the COVID Protocols within Club facilities rests with each club,” the statement said. “Failure to properly enforce the protocols has resulted in discipline being assessed against individual clubs in the past. The league is aware of the current situation in Green Bay and will be reviewing with the Packers.”

Among the other rules Rodgers would have to follow as an unvaccinated player are:

* Saunas and steam rooms may not be used.

* Locker must not be within six feet of another players’.

* Must be at least 6 feet away from other players while eating in cafeteria.

* Public and private transportation not related to the game are prohibited on the road.

* Cannot leave the hotel and eat at a restaurant while on the road.

Coach Matt LaFleur said the league has never told the Packers that they have violated protocols and said he was confident they had not.

“I watch what these guys do,” LaFleur said. “I can only speak to our football space. But yeah, absolutely. We’ve got cameras everywhere. I think our guys do an outstanding job with it.
Big Brother is a real motherfarker, isn't he?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers professes to be the smartest guy in the room. He's made it known he has limited time left in his career and wants badly to win another SB or three. So you work for an employer that has strict Covid protocols and you eschew the vaccine because you're so clever and confident in your beliefs?? Sounds dumb to me, or arrogant or both. This isn't baseball with 162 regular season games. Every game is important playing for home field advantage. What a deutsche.
I'm sick of everyone going along with the belief that this stupid virus is the worst thing since smallpox. Most people who get it don't even have symptoms!

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Rodgers' age group the risk of death is about 1 in 4000, and the vast majority of those have major preexisting conditions.
And Powerball odds are 1:52,000,000 yet how many unvaxinated folks play the lottery??

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sick of everyone going along with the belief that this stupid virus is the worst thing since smallpox. Most people who get it don't even have symptoms!
And this is what makes it deadly. People who don't know they have it infect other people. I think it's somewhere around 7x meaning every person who gets it, symptoms or not spreads it to 7 others. Hence the NFL and other sports strict protocols.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Right and the 5 million that died were barely sick.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When he restructured his contract he better hope there isn't verbiage regarding violating NFL health rules included or that restructure could be voided.

Reaction score
There are 46,100,000 cases in the US to date and still counting. While not all had symptoms (some routine testing) it is also believed that many with symptoms never received testing or treatment. This is more than a viable offset.
It’s very reasonable assertion that the number of true symptomatic cases is higher than the reported cases above and that’s just common sense because not everyone goes to a hospital or testing site.
I will point out that a small % of those cases are likely repeats. The thing about this virus is you can get it in multiples. I talked to 2 separate people who said they’ve had or 2 or more times (one said 3). One got vaccinated after the waiting period because his Mom made him (he had apparently had passed the virus all over his family and his parents put their foot down).
The virus can come back around multiple times as it mutates (much like your small-pox example) and this is a known fact people ignore. As you said, The actual number of positive cases is likely much higher than the confirmed. It’s likely 100,000,000 million and counting and it will not stop by itself until it runs its course. That estimate early on was 1.5-2 million deaths (U.S.) if we don’t vaccinate or are just slow to respond or continue making excuses. We are now at 3/4 million and counting.. mostly because of widespread misinformation.

We’ll likely be forced to take this more serious as we surpass 1,000,000 deaths in around 24 months. This doesn’t take into effect the damage the inflammation has done to our organs or possible effect of slightly shortening our lifespan etc... Thankfully, more people are waking up to this as they are seeing it first hand and realizing it’s not a joke. 90% of retirees have at least one dose now. It’s no longer political when our neighbors die due directly to our own prideful negligence, it’s become very personal.

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arguments about the vax aside (because it is a pointless discussion that isn't going to change anyone's mind... might as well fire up an abortion thread too)...

With Aaron's 'Immunized' comment, did the Packer's misread that too and didn't verify paperwork on the vaccine and just took everyone's word on it or, worse yet, did Aaron falsify documents or was his vaccine card updated with his treatments and not vetted out?

If the middle one, wouldn't want to be in the building right now. That'll definitely seal Aaron's fate after this season. Hell, I could see them suspending him for the rest of the year if that was the case. Can't imagine the Packer's are going to want to fall on the sword and get punished for Aaron's misdeeds.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Arguments about the vax aside (because it is a pointless discussion that isn't going to change anyone's mind... might as well fire up an abortion thread too)...

With Aaron's 'Immunized' comment, did the Packer's misread that too and didn't verify paperwork on the vaccine and just took everyone's word on it or, worse yet, did Aaron falsify documents or was his vaccine card updated with his treatments and not vetted out?

If the middle one, wouldn't want to be in the building right now. That'll definitely seal Aaron's fate after this season. Hell, I could see them suspending him for the rest of the year if that was the case. Can't imagine the Packer's are going to want to fall on the sword and get punished for Aaron's misdeeds.
Everything that is being reported, at least that I have seen, states that Rodgers, The Packers and The NFL all knew that Rodgers was not vaccinated. It is also being reported that Rodgers and The Packers followed the required protocol for him as an unvaccinated player. The NFL will be conducting an investigation into whether that last part was true or not.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything that is being reported, at least that I have seen, states that Rodgers, The Packers and The NFL all knew that Rodgers was not vaccinated. It is also being reported that Rodgers and The Packers followed the required protocol for him as an unvaccinated player.

Thanks. Haven't read a whole bunch on it. Heard about it this afternoon, but haven't read a bunch of articles since most are a muddled mess of opinion/speculation anyways and I try to steer clear of COVID stuff anyways.

Obviously he broke rules with the party, but is that on the Packer's to report that and monitor or is that just if the player is discovered then it's on them.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Obviously he broke rules with the party, but is that on the Packer's to report that and monitor or is that just if the player is discovered then it's on them.
I saw the Halloween party mentioned in 1 report and stating it appeared to violate the protocol for unvaccinated players. Whether that is true or not and if he gets fined, I guess we will find out in the coming week or so. Just more Aaron's Rodgers distractions, nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts