Aaron Rodgers has Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why you'd expect to read about Love and the Chiefs in the "Rodgers has Covid" thread, but maybe things are taught differently across the pond?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Not sure why you'd expect to read about Love and the Chiefs in the "Rodgers has Covid" thread, but maybe things are taught differently across the pond?

Hey....don`t start on me.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers needs the same allowances the rest of us need (that’s if he did anything wrong which I have not seen 1oz of proof) When we hold everyone accountable to the letter of the law, expect to be held accountable ourselves at that same harsh standard. Everyone is always anxious to hang their brother, until they are the ones on the wrong end of that stick.

I’m as irritated as the next guy at how Aaron handled (or didn’t handle) things this off-season, but let’s be reasonable here… by no means should a guy infected with an airborne illness, that isn’t his doing, have to pay a hefty price for it. When we start holding each other to these harsh standards, then boy have we evolved into a non-compassionate society

I agree. If he followed all the NFL rules, he shouldn't be treated any differently than the next player. However, if he didn't follow the rules, than he should also be treated the same.

I get the impression that some are stating that if he didn't follow the known rules, they are going to be upset, since it isn't just him that gets penalized, but the team suffers.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't find the Jordon Love vs the Chiefs thread ???
Should I check the Packers forum or stay here in the medical experts forum ??
umm try reading the thread title. There is a chiefs thread.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I wonder who they bring in behind Bortles if Love tests positive in the next few days, which is quite plausible if he spent time with Benkert and Rodgers.

Blake Bortles negotiating his 1 game contract......

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder who they bring in behind Bortles if Love tests positive in the next few days, which is quite plausible if he spent time with Benkert and Rodgers.
We can always hope that Rodgers recovers fast enough that Love doesn’t test positive before Rodgers can be reinstated. That of course assumes that he doesn’t get extremely ill.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The issue I have here is I've not seen it be "effective." It's (afaik) effective against worms, parasites, and head lice. AFAIK, there hasn't been a good study to prove it works for COVID treatment. Given time, this may or may not hold up. It may be proven effective.

The issue with it seems to be many people are buying horse dewormer from farm stores and consuming it as medicine. That's risky. The dose for a literal horse is different for a human.

So you're saying you trust congress implicitly? ;)

I trust the medicine they put in their own mouths a lot more than the words that come out of them! ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre and I are the same age… a few years ago no problem. Now… one hit and I’m pretty sure every one of my bones would crack sigh.
I decided to do some sprint training on the treadmill last week, I was sure I popped 50% of my achilles and had to quit. I don't want to think about the contact part.

I

Favre and I are the same age… a few years ago no problem. Now… one hit and I’m pretty sure every one of my bones would crack sigh.

51 ? You`re just a baby....lol

I

Does Green Bay still have a lingerie team ?

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brother... do you honestly think that an airborne virus is still out there because we aren't continuing to lock down and mask everywhere and mandate vaccines?

Why are influenza or common cold viruses still out there?

We are not going to eradicate it. We never were. We don't have the capability to eradicate this type of virus.

Well, we pretty much did that with measles - a HIGHLY contagious airborne virus -- as well as mumps in the US, until an anti-vax movement among West Coast liberals started bringing down those vaccine numbers with bogus alternative-science claims, and measles outbreaks started happening again in those communities.

I mean, you can take whatever positions you all want on balancing mitigation strategies -- and yes, there are wide-ranging, reasonable differences there. But yes, we DO have a history of making dangerous airborne viruses mostly harmless through vaccination. That is historical fact.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I decided to do some sprint training on the treadmill last week, I was sure I popped 50% of my achilles and had to quit. I don't want to think about the contact part.

I just played a little half court with some high schoolers and was sweating worse than Pokerbrat when he sees an unmasked person.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well, we pretty much did that with measles - a HIGHLY contagious airborne virus -- as well as mumps in the US, until an anti-vax movement among West Coast liberals started bringing down those vaccine numbers with bogus alternative-science claims, and measles outbreaks started happening again in those communities.

I mean, you can take whatever positions you all want on balancing mitigation strategies -- and yes, there are wide-ranging, reasonable differences there. But yes, we DO have a history of making dangerous airborne viruses mostly harmless through vaccination. That is historical fact.

Measles, to my understand, does not behave like a coronavirus.

All the research I've done has indicates that Covid-19 will continue to mutate and become a regular part of the seasonal soup like other coronaviruses.

Reaction score
How do you know how many have died from Covid?
That’s an interesting question. I know the answer. Roughly. It’ll also put this argument to bed that these deaths are “made up” for some political gain or to gain some strategic advantage.
We also couldn’t do this until very recently, so you would not have access to the result even 12 months ago.

Warning: Don’t do this if you’ve made it political or personal and you dont want the truth or you don’t want to be wrong. This will take a bit and I’m not doing it for you.

1. Take the total number of deaths in your nation (for those not in the States) in each year going back 10 years before covid started (through 2019)
Total deaths from every known cause.

2. Find the average rate over 10 years (great sample size) of increase or decrease in deaths per national population.

3. Throw out the 1 high

4. Throw out the 1 low.

Use those 8 years information as your average mean for rate in % of death per total population.

5. Take 2020 and calculate the rate of death on % per population. All deaths not just covid. Public record

6. At the close of 2021 take the death % for population. Public record

7. Compare the overall rate of death for each year 2020/2021 to the mean.
Is the % higher?
Is the % lower?
Is the % about same?

8. Put the argument to rest as these death rates are not disputed nor have they been for the prior decade.

Last edited:

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Measles, to my understand, does not behave like a coronavirus.

All the research I've done has indicates that Covid-19 will continue to mutate and become a regular part of the seasonal soup like other coronaviruses.

Are you a medical researcher? I am not, nor would I ever claim to have done any research on COVID-19. I am happy to read in scientific literature -- I'm pretty good at understanding abstracts and articles, but I am absolutely a lay person.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
2. Find the average rate over 10 years (great sample size) of increase or decrease in deaths per national population.
For a statistic to be a significant value one needs at least thirty data points. Eight data points is not considered statistically significant. Obviously, inside of your data set there are more than eight data points, but that's not how you are using them. You're using an average of those eight. I'd buy that equation if you did, say, the last forty years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts