Aaron Rodgers for MVP 2014 edition

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the moment I have to imagine it's between him, Brady and Manning. Pats-Pack game could have MVP implications as well.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the moment I have to imagine it's between him, Brady and Manning. Pats-Pack game could have MVP implications as well.

Agree with this. Manning has thrown some interceptions lately and made a few mistakes (for Manning) but he is still up there. It'll be interesting, especially when Brady visits in 2 weeks. I've heard some people make a claim for JJ Watt. While he is a tremendous player, I don't see him above these 3 QBs.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning has had some stinkers the last couple of weeks and has to have fallen behind in the MVP race. Brady wasn't brilliant today either. The Pats running game was ********** impressive. That makes Rodgers the front-runner IMO with Brady a close second.

Still 6 more games to play. Plenty of time for the MVP race to change.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with this. Manning has thrown some interceptions lately and made a few mistakes (for Manning) but he is still up there. It'll be interesting, especially when Brady visits in 2 weeks. I've heard some people make a claim for JJ Watt. While he is a tremendous player, I don't see him above these 3 QBs.

JJ Watt is so dominate at his postion its unreal. If he had a QB and the texans had a better record, he would give Rodgers a run

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ Watt is so dominate at his postion its unreal. If he had a QB and the texans had a better record, he would give Rodgers a run

You know, I couldn't fall asleep yet, so I switched it over to ESPN and was looking at his stats today and thinking about what he has done. You're right, he is playing great at his position. He deserves some talk. Playing beyond what is even expected.

At what point does Watt throw a TD pass at the goal line? :cool:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I couldn't fall asleep yet, so I switched it over to ESPN and was looking at his stats today and thinking about what he has done. You're right, he is playing great at his position. He deserves some talk. Playing beyond what is even expected.

At what point does Watt throw a TD pass at the goal line? :cool:
if you have access check out PFFs numbers on him. They grade him higher than anyone else in the league. The highest single game grade they have ever given out was to him

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would be my list in order of importance of what I prefer in terms of accolades for Air-Run.

1. Another Super Bowl ring.
2. Super Bowl MVP.
3. NFL MVP.
4. Galloping Gobbler. (Ha! Half joking! LOL)

I don't even put Pro-Bowl selection on there.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It is hard to say, but: right now to many people are nut swinging P manning and brady. They are playing well and are getting to the end of their careers. I think that Arod deserves it, but it is still to early to tell. If he keeps playing 90% flaw free as he is, then he should be a lock, but the manning and brady supporters will be out to discredit arod. One of the other two may just get it out of old man mercy to ice off the end of a career.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
There's a lot of good will out there right now for Aaron. Even after last week against the Bears people were calling him the #1 QB in football again, and after last night... there's a palpable consensus. I do love Rodger's talking points about it: accomplish the team goal of a Super Bowl and let the individual accolades take care of themselves. Damn straight.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts