Aaron Rodgers' 2022 Season

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kizer came off as honest and humble when discussing his time in the nfl in the interview. He was in over his head, for sure, but his play in the NFL doesn't impact his read on Rodgers, IMO.
Nobody cared what Deshone had to say about anything yesterday, suddenly today all sorts of people care. Why do you think that is?

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I saw in the Philly game, Jordon Love deserves to be the starter in Chicago. Period! Aaron Rodgers should mend from his physical injuries in week 13. It's finally time to take a good look at Love. Unfortunately, the wounding of Aaron Rodgers ego is the biggest fallout to come. Too bad for the Packers. It's hard to see the result as anything but messy. :(

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody cared what Deshone had to say about anything yesterday, suddenly today all sorts of people care. Why do you think that is?
Because Rodgers has some weird takes on things and anyone willing to come out and talk about it will be heard?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Rodgers has some weird takes on things and anyone willing to come out and talk about it will be heard?
you got that right, some people just live for it, can't wait for it and any little drivel put out there, they pounce on it because it feeds them. It's pathetic really.

I mean Johnny Jolly had stuff to say about Rodgers a year or so ago, you guys probably don't even know what he said he meant 10x's more to this team than Deshone Kizer, but Deshone speaks about something you want to consume and there you are, lapping it up.

why is it a story? because people like you want it to be.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you got that right, some people just live for it, can't wait for it and any little drivel put out there, they pounce on it because it feeds them. It's pathetic really.

I mean Johnny Jolly had stuff to say about Rodgers a year or so ago, you guys probably don't even know what he said he meant 10x's more to this team than Deshone Kizer, but Deshone speaks about something you want to consume and there you are, lapping it up.

why is it a story? because people like you want it to be.
And thousands of others on Twitter. Like it or not, Rodgers legacy takes a hit with stuff like this.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
From what I saw in the Philly game, Jordon Love deserves to be the starter in Chicago.
If the Packers were legitimately in contention for a playoff spot and actually looked like a legit SB team, I would want Rodgers playing on Sunday. Love hasn't earned the right to start over Rodgers, rather the situation screams out for him to be starting the last 5 games of the season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kizer came off as honest and humble when discussing his time in the nfl in the interview. He was in over his head, for sure, but his play in the NFL doesn't impact his read on Rodgers, IMO.
Agree

I finally watched the interview, I had only read bits and pieces of what Kizer said. I came away from it thinking that Kizer was quite enamored with Rodgers. His 911 conspiracy comment was all a part of talking about how well rounded he felt Rodgers was. This wasn't Kizer trying to bash Rodgers, it was Kizer gushing about him. Even his final comment about some of the conspiracy theories (moon landing) that he talked over with Rodgers, made it sound like he too was seeing it from Aaron's perspective.

Now some people will only read a few quotes and try to use this as a "ha ha, see Rodgers is nuts!" Then there will be the Rodgers apologists that go the opposite way and say "What does a no named guy like Kizer know?".

The reality, it was just one guy, talking about another guy and in a very positive light.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And thousands of others on Twitter. Like it or not, Rodgers legacy takes a hit with stuff like this.
only in the eyes of those that live for this stuff. How many times a day do you and your cast of thousands on twitter wonder about Aaron Rodgers' thoughts on 9/11 LOL. I can honestly say i've never once thought to myself, "hmmm, I wonder what Aaron thinks of this".

but alas, I am but a Rodgers apologist LOL.

Like I said a barely named guy like Jolly had stuff to say about Aaron that happened years ago, nobody said boo about it let alone thousands on twitter. You know why? because it wasn't something a certain type of people like to consume.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only in the eyes of those that live for this stuff. How many times a day do you and your cast of thousands on twitter wonder about Aaron Rodgers' thoughts on 9/11 LOL. I can honestly say i've never once thought to myself, "hmmm, I wonder what Aaron thinks of this".

but alas, I am but a Rodgers apologist LOL.

Like I said a barely named guy like Jolly had stuff to say about Aaron that happened years ago, nobody said boo about it let alone thousands on twitter. You know why? because it wasn't something a certain type of people like to consume.
Probably a half dozen times today did I wonder if Rodgers believes in the holocaust. Then I got back to work. I think distractions to the team are relevant to all parties: management, coaches, the team and the fans. Do I want to buy my son a Rodgers jersey because he said 9/11 is a hoax? No, I don't. So this is relevant to discuss, IMO. Athletes aren't just athletes, like it or not what they say matters.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I saw in the Philly game, Jordon Love deserves to be the starter in Chicago. Period! Aaron Rodgers should mend from his physical injuries in week 13. It's finally time to take a good look at Love. Unfortunately, the wounding of Aaron Rodgers ego is the biggest fallout to come. Too bad for the Packers. It's hard to see the result as anything but messy. :(
At least let Love get his baptism of fire. ( Albeit, the Bears are not exactly the hardest test ) Whether he can succeed here or elsewhere the time to evaluate is now.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get Rodgers wanting to go out on his sword, but I don't think it's in the best interest of the Packers. Trotting out a battered and bruised player to accumulate more bruises while essentially playing out this brutal season isn't a good idea.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Read that earlier today. Doesn't surprise me one bit that Rodgers thinks 911 was a total conspiracy. Goes along with the way the guy thinks. I'm sure he is drinking scotch with Elvis and Kennedy every night too. ;)
Was it rodgers is saying it was a conspiracy? Or maybe he is just trying to make people think for themselves and research stuff

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Was it rodgers is saying it was a conspiracy? Or maybe he is just trying to make people think for themselves and research stuff
Given the way Kizer framed it, I would say he implied that Rodgers was saying that 911 was a conspiracy. However, given Rodgers play with words, his critical thinking and enjoying his own enigmatic persona, you never really know.

Put it this way, if someone brings up a subject, that 99% of the general public feels pretty comfortable with how history has framed it and asks for your opinion, I'm going to guess that the person is most likely one of the 1%.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about the mending. I also think the way Love played means we will exercise the 5th year unless he completely blows up. Which I don't see happening.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given the way Kizer framed it, I would say he implied that Rodgers was saying that 911 was a conspiracy. However, given Rodgers play with words, his critical thinking and enjoying his own enigmatic persona, you never really know.

Put it this way, if someone brings up a subject, that 99% of the general public feels pretty comfortable with how history has framed it and asks for your opinion, I'm going to guess that the person is most likely one of the 1%.
I think Rodgers is confusing critical thinking with contrarianism.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I also think the way Love played means we will exercise the 5th year unless he completely blows up. Which I don't see happening.
I agree, he looked his best Sunday night, but I wouldn't exercise that 5th year option based solely on that performance. That option is estimated to be around $19.848 M.

The Packers need to use these next 5 games and devote them to evaluating Love and other younger guys. While I do think Green Bay has a much better idea of Love's potential, then the rest of us, it doesn't hurt to be sure.

I also think it will be important for the Packers to find out Rodgers plan is for the next 2 years. He is under contract and if he plans on playing in Green Bay, than I wouldn't exercise that option on Love. If Love looks great in these next 5 games, then the Packers might and probably will trade Rodgers and exercise that 5th year option.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, he looked his best Sunday night, but I wouldn't exercise that 5th year option based solely on that performance. That option is estimated to be around $19.848 M.

The Packers need to use these next 5 games and devote them to evaluating Love and other younger guys. While I do think Green Bay has a much better idea of Love's potential, then the rest of us, it doesn't hurt to be sure.

I also think it will be important for the Packers to find out Rodgers plan is for the next 2 years. He is under contract and if he plans on playing in Green Bay, than I wouldn't exercise that option on Love. If Love looks great in these next 5 games, then the Packers might and probably will trade Rodgers and exercise that 5th year option.

One thing we cannot do however is hit 2024 with Loves' 5th year option (estimated around $20M) PLUS have Rodgers current cost that year of $40M.

The salary cap will for certain force the organization to pick between Love/future and Rodgers/now in the off season between 2023 and 2024. Which is why playing Rodgers now could potentially be the absolute crippling blow to the future of the franchise by not taking advantage of the golden opportunity to give Love a bonafide true tryout as the week long starter for weeks in a row - a glimpse at what MAY be 2023 or 2024 reality depending on Rodgers.

Reaction score

Rodgers knows exactly what he’s doing. He’s trying to get past a relatively easier game against Chicago or Rams to snuff out any chance of relative Love success.
Yet he’ll gladly turn the keys over to Love At Miami against a 8-3 team and then against the 9-2 Vikings. It’s the kinda guy he is and I guess you could say “it’s complicated”. :whistling:

Last edited:

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers knows exactly what he’s doing. He’s trying to get past a relatively easier game against Chicago or Rams to snuff out any chance of relative Love success.
Yet he’ll gladly turn the keys over to Love At Miami against a 8-3 team and then against the 9-2 Vikings. It’s the kinda guy he is and I guess you could say “it’s complicated”. :whistling:
I don't know that I'd go quite this far; I really doubt that he has any desire to sabotage Love or to put him in a bad situation that minimizes his chances of success...

BUT at the same time...I suspect Rodgers has a better read on Love's overall ceiling, talent level, progress, potential, etc than just about anyone outside of 1265 Lombardi Ave... and I also suspect Rodgers probably has more insight as to the organization's overall feelings on Love in general, too (i.e. if they really see him as a starting option in the near future and thereabouts).

And so IF he knows that Love is the real deal - and IF he knows that the organization knows it as well and would be ready and willing to make him the starter going forward - then it would stand to reason that he would do everything to cling to his spot, including going out there with a dozen injuries for a team that's 4-8 and realistically has no shot of making the playoffs or doing anything of consequence if they did miraculously gets there. I know Rodgers is a big competitor for sure but he's also not stupid and I think deep down he probably knows (and has known for a while now) that this is not a playoff-quality team, let alone a Super Bowl contender.

It's been said before that in the league the LAST thing you ever want to do is put yourself in a position where someone else can take your job - if you can help it you want to make sure you are always the one occupying your spot because you never know if you'll get it back once it's gone.

So I don't think he's going to do anything to try and sabotage Love - every indication is that he likes the kid and they have a good relationship and there's no bad blood there. But he's also not going to roll over or step aside if that means potentially losing his starting position. Obviously his contract makes it difficult for us but being the competitor he is Rodgers is going to want to play and I really doubt he would be content to be a backup in GB and just collect a paycheck in the event that Love looks great and we decide to go with him going forward.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing we cannot do however is hit 2024 with Loves' 5th year option (estimated around $20M) PLUS have Rodgers current cost that year of $40M.

The salary cap will for certain force the organization to pick between Love/future and Rodgers/now in the off season between 2023 and 2024. Which is why playing Rodgers now could potentially be the absolute crippling blow to the future of the franchise by not taking advantage of the golden opportunity to give Love a bonafide true tryout as the week long starter for weeks in a row - a glimpse at what MAY be 2023 or 2024 reality depending on Rodgers.
I guess another option would be to sign Love to a longer contract before he has the chance to set the world on fire. Defer more money.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess another option would be to sign Love to a longer contract before he has the chance to set the world on fire. Defer more money.

I just don't see a figure both the team or his agent/him would be able to agree to. However, that is a gamble he'd have to consider...especially if they say we are not picking up your 5th year...but if you'd do a 2024/2025 say $7M a year type deal (even maybe fully guaranteed) it is a hedge your bets type thing. However I don't see him taking it unless you break $11M or so a year.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see a figure both the team or his agent/him would be able to agree to. However, that is a gamble he'd have to consider...especially if they say we are not picking up your 5th year...but if you'd do a 2024/2025 say $7M a year type deal (even maybe fully guaranteed) it is a hedge your bets type thing. However I don't see him taking it unless you break $11M or so a year.
What is the 5th year option? $15M? So you have to start there I would think. And just a starting QB probably gets a minimum of $25M.

Members online

Latest posts