Aaron Hernandez hangs himself in prison

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy had it all, and ends up hanging with a sheet wrapped around his neck. Very sad for both he and his victims.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did they ever find out what the motive was for the murder? How many times do you think layed in bed thinking, "I made a bad decision"? Effen idiots!

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably for the best, sounds like he was a terrible human being by most accounts. Saves tax dollar money for not having to house him for a life sentence. Men like him shouldn't have children, now he left his daughter without a father although I heard him killing himself can somehow keep money in his family, so that's good for them I guesss

Reaction score
This is a bad story that just got worse. We need to send our prayers to all the families this guy has torn apart through his selfishness. The Lord will judge him fairly and that's plenty good enough for me

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean... he was defiinitely a bad person and murderer... just an idiot... good riddance

however, sad for his victims and his daughter

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always have wondered if these notorious inmate suicides aren't sometimes state assisted.
Being a retired Michigan Department of Corrections Officer and Shift Supervisor, having worked in two maximum security for 25 years, I find this line of thinking disgusting and totally uninformed.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean... he was defiinitely a bad person and murderer... just an idiot... good riddance

however, sad for his victims and his daughter

The crazy thing is, and unfortunate for the Lloyd family who will be denied closure by it, but in the eyes of the law Hernandez is no longer a convicted murderer. In Massachusetts for whatever reason upon a convict's death, if appeals have not been exhausted, the trial and conviction are thrown out.

Obviously none of that changes the reality of any of it. But that loophole could open things up for his family to attempt to collect his NFL pension and signing bonus .

Last edited:

Sky King

Reaction score
Being a retired Michigan Department of Corrections Officer and Shift Supervisor, having worked in two maximum security for 25 years, I find this line of thinking disgusting and totally uninformed.
My nephew is approaching 20 years holding a similar position to yours, only out West. He would echo your sentiments. A tip of the hat to you both as professionals.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You have my admiration. I wouldn`t do it for any amount of money.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you would feel the need to lock a thread in the Packer Fan Forum that dealt with the Green Bay Packers (granted it was off topic but it still was Packer relevant) but felt it was acceptable to make this post in the same forum which has nothing at all to do with the the Green Bay Packers or even football for that matter.

I think this thread would be more appropriate in the All Other Team Discussions or even better The Atrium or perhaps even the The Adult Asylum or Smack Area.

I realize that not every single thread in this section is strictly Packer relevant but this is not the first one that I felt was inappropriately placed either. I wasn't going to say anything about it, like I've ignored the others, until you locked the Richard Sherman thread.

I will say that had you placed it in any other forum except maybe the All Other Team Discussions there is a very good chance I never would have seen it.

Oh, and to Smokey, if you should happen to be reading, this post has been edited, but probably not enough;)

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have my admiration. I wouldn`t do it for any amount of money.
Thank you sir!
It's a very difficult job that the average citizen rarely thinks about much less praises.
The only positive thing you can take away each day is that you walked out alive.
Many corrections officers worldwide never made that walk.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To echo what others have said, a very bad story become worse.

Hernandez was not a good man, but wishing death on somebody, even him, is a step I won't take. He committed murder and probably deserved to die. He took his own life for reasons we don't know--guilt, hopelessness, maybe even defiance. I won't even begin to try and make sense of it, but lining up every murderer in front of a firing squad is not my thing.

Reaction score
To echo what others have said, a very bad story become worse.

Hernandez was not a good man, but wishing death on somebody, even him, is a step I won't take. He committed murder and probably deserved to die. He took his own life for reasons we don't know--guilt, hopelessness, maybe even defiance. I won't even begin to try and make sense of it, but lining up every murderer in front of a firing squad is not my thing.
Compassion for others is an art that while in short supply, takes a firm resolve under difficult circumstances, takes constant practice and yet is never quite mastered... but the only action that brings a sense of peace to both the giver and receiver.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In this case an autopsy is very important. If his brain was full of CTE it could help explain his violent behavior which is more prevalent with CTE. A CTE diagnosis could also help his family and perhaps even the victim's family. If his brain was clean of any CTE it would reinforce the conclusion that he was a violent thug who just happened to be a really good TE.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think CTE needs to be studied for another 2 decades plus, and include test subjects from all walks of life and follow them and also account for 1000 other variables before making any such declarations. about all they've found so far is SOME ex football players have different brain scans and are attaching all sorts of things too it. The body is rarely that simple. I can see a thousand things on an MRI as well that scream surgery without a history. and the patient won't have any problems with what looks like they "should" have. sometimes and imaging finding means something, sometimes it doesn't though it looks exactly the same.

The whole avenue of CTE is far too early to be drawing any definitive conclusions. A million kids moved from high school football to college football and took millions of more hits and millions of them never turned into killers.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry guys,

I do NOT believe that CTE has anything to do with being a murderer....

Can it make you violent/suicidal/"off"/etc??? Yes

But NOT a murderer, there is a BIG DIFFERENCE. We are human beings, you have the ability to make choices, to make decisions and choose options, when you pull the trigger of a loaded gun on another man that is a "choice". CTE does NOT make you make that choice to pull the trigger and KNOWINGLY kill another man. This guy was just a bad person.

Getting into drunken bar fights, etc... is "somewhat" understandable and perhaps being more aggressive/violent due to CTE is understandable... but NOT "killing" someone... you don't just kill someone by "accident"

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry guys,

But NOT a murderer, there is a BIG DIFFERENCE. We are human beings, you have the ability to make choices, to make decisions and choose options, when you pull the trigger of a loaded gun on another man that is a "choice". CTE does NOT make you make that choice to pull the trigger and KNOWINGLY kill another man. This guy was just a bad person.

Getting into drunken bar fights, etc... is "somewhat" understandable and perhaps being more aggressive/violent due to CTE is understandable... but NOT "killing" someone... you don't just kill someone by "accident"
I think you should read up on different kinds of murder, first degree, second degree, manslaughter etc.

There has been ample cases of spur of the moment, emotion induced murders, that the same person would have never committed in a normal circumstance.

The underlying question here would be on intent and not CTE as a standalone reason.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry guys,

especially the way he did it. He didn't walk in on someone with his wife or something. He planned to kill someone who was his "friend". He didn't get mad and kill him, he rented cars, bought weed and took him somewhere to snuff him out. You're right, this isn't CTE, this is one bad man. Violent outburst in a volatile situation I can understand a little bit for CTE, but not this.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you should read up on different kinds of murder, first degree, second degree, manslaughter etc.

There has been ample cases of spur of the moment, emotion induced murders, that the same person would have never committed in a normal circumstance.

The underlying question here would be on intent and not CTE as a standalone reason.

so having a "spur of the moment"

feeling/choice/option to TAKE ANOTHER life should happen two or more times for someone with CTE...?

*I get getting a little upset(MAYBE) over like a spilt drink at a club or something... but to kill someone is a different story