A. Peterson in 2017...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe had Favre beat up his 4yr old **** with a switch and stuff leaves in it's...errr...mouth, they would treat them the same.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not the point. Both men did something of reproach and depending on your views, either looks worse than the other. We have people who will swear up and down they Roethlisberger didn't **** two women, but then turn around and still give Vick **** even after he went to jail. Don't try to excuse one person because it's "not as bad" as what someone else did. Hold everyone in equal light. They all ****** up.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not the point. Both men did something of reproach and depending on your views, either looks worse than the other.
No, that is the point. First of all, I haven't slung any of the mud at either of these two guys. However, I couldn't give a hoot if Brett cheated on his wife. She knew what he was getting into when he was sleeping with girls left and right in the 1990s in GB, and still married him. I think Favre is an idiot, but I'm not holding him in an equal light to someone who beats a 4yr old bloody. A boy who couldn't protect himself, couldn't leave his dad, and certainly wasn't even mature enough to fully understand the ramifications of his actions. Beating a kid like that is despicable.

You will never change my mind about the difference in those situations.
We have people who will swear up and down they Roethlisberger didn't **** two women, but then turn around and still give Vick **** even after he went to jail. Don't try to excuse one person because it's "not as bad" as what someone else did. Hold everyone in equal light. They all ****** up.
The next time that you get a parking ticket or J-walk, I'll make sure to hold you in equal light to Roethlisberger and Vick. You got it.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying that all transgressions are equal is utterly ridiculous. Sure, we all have our opinions as to how they rank, but I come down on the side that says violence (especially to a child) is in a category at the top of the evil list.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like karma is coming back to haunt this guy with injuries for beating his kid? just sayin', yo!

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, that is the point. First of all, I haven't slung any of the mud at either of these two guys. However, I couldn't give a hoot if Brett cheated on his wife. She knew what he was getting into when he was sleeping with girls left and right in the 1990s in GB, and still married him. I think Favre is an idiot, but I'm not holding him in an equal light to someone who beats a 4yr old bloody. A boy who couldn't protect himself, couldn't leave his dad, and certainly wasn't even mature enough to fully understand the ramifications of his actions. Beating a kid like that is despicable.

The next time that you get a parking ticket or J-walk, I'll make sure to hold you in equal light to Roethlisberger and Vick. You got it.

LOL THis is absolute gold. Brett's wife knew what he was getting into? Guess you better tell Ray Rice's wife it was her fault she got knocked out in an elevator and dragged by her feet because she knew what she was getting into as well right? Disgusting. Also nice on misinterpreting my point. The point is that with these transgressions, people shouldn't be above forgiveness but because the way we view things, things will seem worse depending on who is looking at it. It's the same veiewpoint that a Steelers fan who loves dogs will hate Vick even after he went to prison and still support Roethlisberger even after ****** two women. It's the viewpoint that allows you to wave away Brett committing documented adultery on his wife, but hate AP for hitting his child after he was punished for it. You're a fan. Just in my eye, if you are guilty of doing something wrong, you are guilty. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to separate the person from the player. In any case, I'm putting you on ignore for being ignorant and being a homer. That's the last I'll say on this topic.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we should bring AP in, but I'm quite shocked at attitudes of people saying they are glad that AP is hurt, etc. People make mistakes. Peterson made a grand mistake and has paid for it. Don't be hypocritical and give Favre a pass for texting **** pics to another woman other han his wife and then execute Peterson.
I wonder what the reaction to that would have been had he still been a Packer when he did it.

I honestly think the majority of us would have laughed it off as him being "The same old Brett," because he still would have been with our team with no hard feelings.

Hard. Heh-heh-heh. He wrote "hard" there Beavis.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what the reaction to that would have been had he still been a Packer when he did it.

I honestly think the majority of us would have laughed it off as him being "The same old Brett," because he still would have been with our team with no hard feelings.

Hard. Heh-heh-heh. He wrote "hard" there Beavis.

That's kind of what I was getting at in the last post. People are fans and that is going to paint perceptions. Doesn't help that AP is the feature back for one of our most hated rivals. That's going to paint perceptions.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Granted we should "believe half of what you see and a third of what you hear", but I understood in the past that Brett and Deanna had what is known as an "open relationship". Of course, personally I don't agree with such a relationship, but if that truly is how they function, then his behavior would not have astonished her.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want that scumbag anywhere near my franchise. I hope he never sets foot on a football field again.

We will put your vote in the 'maybe let me think about it' column.

AP might have been spent this year let alone one year removed after an injury. Those first 2 games he looked very pedestrian.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That's kind of what I was getting at in the last post. People are fans and that is going to paint perceptions. Doesn't help that AP is the feature back for one of our most hated rivals. That's going to paint perceptions.

Some of us can separate being a fan from being a human being. So please don't generalize what you are saying to make this a "people are fans and that is going to paint perceptions" thing. I don't care who it was, Favre, Rodgers, Manning, the Pope........I am rationale enough to separate their actions from what they do professionally. Had one of the Packer players done what AP did, I would have equal disdain for him. I may have a Packer bias when it comes to things related to Football, but anything else, I'm going to judge them for what they did.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just looking at it from a football perspective signing Peterson next offseason doesn't make any sense for the Packers. He will be 32 years old in March, coming off another major injury, looked pedestrian at best in two games this season and will most likely ask for more money than Lacy.

No, thanks.

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt that they would go for Peterson. I don't think that they even looked at Forte, whom I consider a better fit. I would have loved to see Forte become a Packer, especially at the low asking price of 4 mil.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just looking at it from a football perspective signing Peterson next offseason doesn't make any sense for the Packers. He will be 32 years old in March, coming off another major injury, looked pedestrian at best in two games this season and will most likely ask for more money than Lacy.

No, thanks.
I agree with a lot of what you say. But i would expect peterson to accept a short term contract because of age. Where as lacy will be looking for a long term deal. And fact remains, if tt and co isnt ready to commit to him. Or be able to afford him. Then we have to have a plan at rb. Starks has one year left. Then nothing...

If we simply draft a rookie and hope for the best. We will surely regret that decision. Even with starks as a buffer...

What do you think peterson would ask for?
You think he might play for a ring?
You think if he gets cut, he would take it personally?

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree with a lot of what you say. But i would expect peterson to accept a short term contract because of age. Where as lacy will be looking for a long term deal. And fact remains, if tt and co isnt ready to commit to him. Or be able to afford him. Then we have to have a plan at rb. Starks has one year left. Then nothing...

If we simply draft a rookie and hope for the best. We will surely regret that decision. Even with starks as a buffer...

What do you think peterson would ask for?
You think he might play for a ring?
You think if he gets cut, he would take it personally?

According to reports out of Minnesota the Vikings are working on keeping Peterson for the rest of his career. Therefore there's no reason to further discuss about it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n-peterson-to-play-entire-career-in-minnesota

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts