A. Peterson in 2017...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
32 years old... Coming off knee injury... Some may speculate he might possibly be considered to be dropped...maybe...?

As old man Favre once did for the purple a.nd yellow horned bastards next door. He left and went to the enemy. If that wasnt a big enough effu to gb. He has the best year of his damn career for them!!!!! Which brings me to the point.

Its not wise to bet against a player of that calliber...

Peterson may be washed up. ? But maybe he comes over here and plays lights out? Who knows. The leadership would be great. The mutual respect of gb hierarchy, and peterson would raise everyones level of play. Offenseand defense both. There is potential the hall of fame rb could get his ring sized for his middle finger. Lol.

Go ahead mn. Save some cap.

Gb could draft a rookie, and bring in peterson. Id hate to see lacy go. But if its inevitable, this could be plan B.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want that scumbag anywhere near my franchise. I hope he never sets foot on a football field again.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No chance in hell he ever comes here!!! I'd rather have Edgar Bennett put the pads back on lol

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
this could be plan B.
I don't think this would even be a Plan Z. While MN will have a tough decision to keep an $18M cap hit in Peterson, I would rather see Adrian train Vick's dogs and let Vick babysit Adrian's kid, then see AP in GB.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is this even a topic of discussion? Lol nobody wants that fool here and ted Thompson wouldn't even think twice for that buffoon

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's way too soon to be thinking of this.

Since you brought it up, I just cannot get over at how AP beat his kid and made him hold a handful of leaves in his mouth.
That was bad enough. And then we had photos which was the proof. Terrible photos. So bad, they are the type that make you think right away, "You just don't do that to a kid no matter how bad he is."
That is why I don't want AP anywhere near putting on the green and yellow for our team.
And because of what he did to his kid, and that was probably not the only one who suffered or the first time for him and maybe not even the last, I am just fine with seeing him get some poetic justice when he gets hurt as he just did.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over at PFT there is an article speculating that AP could be done in Minnesota:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/21/adrian-peterson-may-be-done-as-a-viking/

I think there's a pretty fair chance that's true. I do not think he'd be coming here- old, overpaid, bad knee - not a typical fit for Green Bay.

I could see him ending up in Seattle for a year - with Lynch retired and Rawls banged up, they might take a shot with a one-year deal. Just a hunch.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/21/adrian-peterson-may-be-done-as-a-viking/

I think there's a pretty fair chance that's true. I do not think he'd be coming here- old, overpaid, bad knee - not a typical fit for Green Bay.

I could see him ending up in Seattle for a year - with Lynch retired and Rawls banged up, they might take a shot with a one-year deal. Just a hunch.

Im looking at this realisticly. Lacy is on the last year of a contract.. Starks is an insurance policy with one more year after that... Then nothing...

If our plan is to let lacy go because of money or what ever reason. Then a higher rookie pick is in our future. What would be better than to mentor a rookie with a super human determination than ap?

Fact is we pay lacy, or start over at rb. Peterson would be a great addition for the second option imo.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What would be better than to mentor a rookie with a super human determination than ap?
Have you seen how he "mentored" his kid? This isn't just a question of what AP can or cannot do on the field and in a locker room, his past would be a PR nightmare for GB and go well beyond Brett Favre Tweeting pics of his little boy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No thank you. Disciplining your kids physically is different than splitting the skin open on a 4 year old. I could see if a teenager stole somebody's car and crashed it or beat up some old woman for her purse, if you lose your cool, I'm not going to judge too harshly. But a 4 year old? He lost his temper plain and simple, besides frustration, there's nothing a 4 year old does that requires what he did.

Besides that, I doubt he gets as good of drugs for rehab this time and they'll be looking to catch him this time

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im looking at this realisticly. Lacy is on the last year of a contract.. Starks is an insurance policy with one more year after that... Then nothing...

If our plan is to let lacy go because of money or what ever reason. Then a higher rookie pick is in our future. What would be better than to mentor a rookie with a super human determination than ap?

Fact is we pay lacy, or start over at rb. Peterson would be a great addition for the second option imo.

Lacy and Starks may well be on their way out, but that doesn't translate into a 32-year-old with recent injury history coming in to replace them. Ted will draft someone in the second or third round and hope for the best.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this would fall more into the Jeff Saturday results pile than the Julius Peppers. :)

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
32 years old... Coming off knee injury... Some may speculate he might possibly be considered to be dropped...maybe...?

As old man Favre once did for the purple a.nd yellow horned bastards next door. He left and went to the enemy. If that wasnt a big enough effu to gb. He has the best year of his damn career for them!!!!! Which brings me to the point.

Its not wise to bet against a player of that calliber...

Peterson may be washed up. ? But maybe he comes over here and plays lights out? Who knows. The leadership would be great. The mutual respect of gb hierarchy, and peterson would raise everyones level of play. Offenseand defense both. There is potential the hall of fame rb could get his ring sized for his middle finger. Lol.

Go ahead mn. Save some cap.

Gb could draft a rookie, and bring in peterson. Id hate to see lacy go. But if its inevitable, this could be plan B.
I can not approve this message..............

DS

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. I could Oakland as a landing spot as well.

DS

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is the same website that had thoughts that Peyton Manning was going to be done when he was out for a couple of games recovering from an injury last year.
And these are the same guys that judged Air-Run harshly before getting in all the reasons and facts why he didn't stop and sign autographs for an elderly female on his way through an airport to a game.
Later on, they apologized for making themselves look like jack *****.
So anything PFT has on there that is speculative has to be taken with a huge iceberg size grain of salt.
Just wait and see what happens instead to the child beater.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton was done, they just let him go out there for a couple more games and ride the team around him.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we should bring AP in, but I'm quite shocked at attitudes of people saying they are glad that AP is hurt, etc. People make mistakes. Peterson made a grand mistake and has paid for it. Don't be hypocritical and give Favre a pass for texting **** pics to another woman other han his wife and then execute Peterson.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts