49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

Packer4ever2602

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would it absolutely kill them not to milk the entire play clock on every play? We are passed the point of needing a long sustained drives. We need to score a lot and use as little clock as possible.

And on that note, we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot.

That’s been game all year **** and dunk. When you have only one threat at receiver it’s easy to defend

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Pettine should get his walking papers after this game and MLF should start over with his own guy.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the issue is we get behind by A LOT early in these NFCCGs...

why not do the short game and **** and dunk all the way to the endzone EARLY IN THE GAME???

Not when we're down by 27 points?

I mean hindsight is 20/20, but when you're down by 3 scores so early it's real hard to come back

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn’t even look like we have a defense out there most plays

This is the same thing over and over again with this team....

I don't know what it is... I mean it would be different if it were at least "close", but they're getting whooped again

the 49ers have a very solid, well balanced team with a great running game and D, EVERYBODY and their mother knew that coming in

But playing like this? Like they didn't even prepare for it? Or know these things?

It's just not acceptable and embarassing to be honest.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the issue is we get behind by A LOT early in these NFCCGs...

why not do the short game and **** and dunk all the way to the endzone EARLY IN THE GAME???

Not when we're down by 27 points?

I mean hindsight is 20/20, but when you're down by 3 scores so early it's real hard to come back

They were trying. I mean Rodgers started like 7 for 7 for 30 yards. It's not like they were going downfield. They were just not getting enough.

Packer4ever2602

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just stop.

14 and 3. Is more than just luck

Frisco barely got past Seattle.

And San Fran was missing 5 of their starters on defense when they played . Their in a class by themselves and we need a lot of work on both sides of the ball to compete with this team. We’ve got our butts whipped twice

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can’t believe they’ve only thrown 6 passes to this point and we can’t stop the run even though we know it’s coming. Sweep, sweep, middle. Frustrating. Still time I guess....

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mostert is an undrafted 27 year old who has been with 7 different teams.

Absolute embarrassment.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can’t believe they’ve only thrown 6 passes to this point and we can’t stop the run even though we know it’s coming. Sweep, sweep, middle. Frustrating. Still time I guess....

I thought that Jimmy Garrapolo's inexperience might be a big factor in this game on this stage.

Turns out the 49ers could have had a tackling dummy at QB and been just fine tonight.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very little positivity to take from this ...

The mystery at this point is why this team just can't get this NFCCG right. Blew it in Seattle and this one having flashbacks to ATL a few years ago.

Obviously, there's going to have to be changes, but which is the biggest place to start?

Obviously the defense's run stopping issues and Rodgers's bad play are the two storylines here, but what must be done to fix them is the hot debate that I'd say disagreement is going to happen on.

So ... Thinking it over, I certainly am open to getting our next QB in this draft ... IF ... We have a real actual prospect available when our pick comes. Unfortunately, I'm not counting on those early pickers to pass on Burrow and I really think Tua and Hurts got bust written all over them. If another guy is out there under the radar, go for him, but otherwise we're going to have to wait and make this year the year to go more in on the offense and try to maximize the talent around Rodgers to haul him across the finish line.

On defense ... Well I don't know if the biggest problem is Pettine or his personnel. Clearly we need run stoppers out there like another ILB and maybe one other DL to add to Lancaster and Clark. But it was known that Pettine's scheme was more tailored to defend the pass and give up yards on the ground. I'd say he had better rethink that, or we rethink retaining him.

Shawn Menenga obviously is a no-brainer.

I'm not turning on Matt LaFleur just yet. I think he's a good head coach who today just reached the limit of being a rookie and is going to have to take this beating and just make sure he does better than his predecessor in coming out of it.

Biggest question now is what will Gute do to fix this. Theoretically one can't deny the defense still needs help at some positions, but this offense once again has put up a big playoff stinker and I'd say they've been put on the back burner for way too long in these offseasons. We need more than just Lazard and Adams out there, and ... I give Jimmy Graham full props for last week. He made big catches out there and clearly deserves credit for that, but I'm not convinced that's enough to keep him around, and Sternberger has contributed nothing so far. OL, WR and ... Maybe TE have to be addressed this offseason and cannot be delayed any longer.

We could still be just one year out, but we could also take a huge step backward if we don't get it right this offseason.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that Jimmy Garrapolo's inexperience might be a big factor in this game on this stage.

Turns out the 49ers could have had a tackling dummy at QB and been just fine tonight.

yea I thought the same, expose the weakest link on the team...yet he hasn’t had to do anything besides yell hike and hand off.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting gashed on the ground this badly is what makes this almost unbearable to watch.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I really don't understand is we all already knew what they were going to do....so.....

Also, Brees and the Saints gashed them all day in the regular season with that short passing attack so

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fire pettine.

we have enough talent on defense to perform better than we did this year and especially tonight

Stanley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea I thought the same, expose the weakest link on the team...yet he hasn’t had to do anything besides yell hike and hand off.

Expose him like the saints did? Jimmy has come through in the clutch when we needed him the entire season.

this narrative is getting old

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Expose him like the saints did? Jimmy has come through in the clutch when we needed him the entire season.

this narrative is getting old

I don't think anyone is doubting Jimmy G so much as knowing that he is susceptible to interceptions...

That's what I would focus on. He throws interceptions....but it's not like he isn't good.