49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Expose him like the saints did? Jimmy has come through in the clutch when we needed him the entire season.

this narrative is getting old
We?
This is a packer board..
Why not celebrate on a niner board? Or you not cool enough? So they banned u?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was just a downright silly 2 pt attempt. An XP makes it a 20 point game which 3 miracle hypothetical TDs and 3 XPs wins it. It's too late to chase field goal possibilities. I'm all about being unconventional but that was just stupid.

Packer4ever2602

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was just a downright silly 2 pt attempt. An XP makes it a 20 point game which 3 miracle hypothetical TDs and 3 XPs wins it. It's too late to chase field goal possibilities. I'm all about being unconventional but that was just stupid.

lafleur is in over his head.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What game you watching come on man??? They haven’t thrown a pass since the first half
It’s a two score game when I said that with 8 minutes left. Give me a break, you quit on your team way too fast. A weak flag there cost the Packers this drive. If Seattle was only down 14 with 8 min left I would definitely stay tuned.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense can't hack it when it matters. I could have played that on repeat since 2011.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lafleur is in over his head.

I don't think he is, I think he's just severely undermanned. No second WR threat or third, a lumbering TE and no MLB's who can make a play. Literally any QB worth a snot would pick us apart. The offense needed to overachieve to keep us in this - looks like it has a little bit, but we suck at WR and ILB.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense can't hack it when it matters. I could have played that on repeat since 2011.
To be fair, the flag they threw on third down was ridiculous. I see that go without flags all season long. The NFL is still so wildly inconsistent.

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love watching Blake play. He plays prevent all game. On run plays he shows no hustle to get to the line of scrimmage. TE's and WR's can successfully block him once the RB gets the ball. Great season for GB never expected 13 wins.

1. Need a to look at a new D coach, soft mentality
2. Find a new MLB
3. King is playing out of position at CB. Safety maybe, CB no
4. Find a receiver with speed, we don't need 6'5 220, TE upgrade

Packer4ever2602

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he is, I think he's just severely undermanned. No second WR threat or third, a lumbering TE and no MLB's who can make a play. Literally any QB worth a snot would pick us apart. The offense needed to overachieve to keep us in this - looks like it has a little bit, but we suck at WR and ILB.

I hope your right. He does need a lot of help I agree

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everyone knew we weren't as good as our record indicated. we need somebody for rodgers to throw the f*****g ball too. If that doesn't work, god help us.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very little positivity to take from this ...

The mystery at this point is why this team just can't get this NFCCG right. Blew it in Seattle and this one having flashbacks to ATL a few years ago.

Obviously, there's going to have to be changes, but which is the biggest place to start?

Obviously the defense's run stopping issues and Rodgers's bad play are the two storylines here, but what must be done to fix them is the hot debate that I'd say disagreement is going to happen on.

So ... Thinking it over, I certainly am open to getting our next QB in this draft ... IF ... We have a real actual prospect available when our pick comes. Unfortunately, I'm not counting on those early pickers to pass on Burrow and I really think Tua and Hurts got bust written all over them. If another guy is out there under the radar, go for him, but otherwise we're going to have to wait and make this year the year to go more in on the offense and try to maximize the talent around Rodgers to haul him across the finish line.

On defense ... Well I don't know if the biggest problem is Pettine or his personnel. Clearly we need run stoppers out there like another ILB and maybe one other DL to add to Lancaster and Clark. But it was known that Pettine's scheme was more tailored to defend the pass and give up yards on the ground. I'd say he had better rethink that, or we rethink retaining him.

Shawn Menenga obviously is a no-brainer.

I'm not turning on Matt LaFleur just yet. I think he's a good head coach who today just reached the limit of being a rookie and is going to have to take this beating and just make sure he does better than his predecessor in coming out of it.

Biggest question now is what will Gute do to fix this. Theoretically one can't deny the defense still needs help at some positions, but this offense once again has put up a big playoff stinker and I'd say they've been put on the back burner for way too long in these offseasons. We need more than just Lazard and Adams out there, and ... I give Jimmy Graham full props for last week. He made big catches out there and clearly deserves credit for that, but I'm not convinced that's enough to keep him around, and Sternberger has contributed nothing so far. OL, WR and ... Maybe TE have to be addressed this offseason and cannot be delayed any longer.

We could still be just one year out, but we could also take a huge step backward if we don't get it right this offseason.
A lot of over reaction in this i’d say.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are on a trajectory to get two super bowl titles out of the entire careers of both brett favre and aaron rodgers.

Frustration is justified.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol Sherman with a cheap pick to have something to grandstand about.

well boys...it was a hell of a ride this season without any legitimate wr besides Adams I NEVER thought we’d make it this far. I’m extremely disappointed but very optimistic about the next few years if we get a TE, Wr and lb next year..

GO CHIEFS!!

Packer4ever2602

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are on a trajectory to get two super bowl titles out of the entire careers of both brett favre and aaron rodgers.

Frustration is justified.

So true statement. Two hall of famers. And many media members say Rodgers is the best ever. It just sucks we need to take advantage of this opportunity before it’s gone. You see all these other teams struggle with crap qbs. Sorry for ranting but just frustrated

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could buy into the narrative of "we'll be better next year".

The core of this team is a 36 year old declining QB, an aging offensive line and two veteran pass rushers.

I think it's incredibly likely we win less than 13 games next year. This team should contend for a division title and be a playoff team but as far as being able to take a next step next year, barring an out of this world offseason I just don't really see it. There isn't an infusion of elite young talent on this team.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could buy into the narrative of "we'll be better next year".

The core of this team is a 36 year old declining QB, an aging offensive line and two veteran pass rushers.

I think it's incredibly likely we win less than 13 games next year. This team should contend for a division title and be a playoff team but as far as being able to take a next step next year, barring an out of this world offseason I just don't really see it. There isn't an infusion of elite young talent on this team.

We need to crush the draft, WR and ILB as I've stated. I'm still very disappointed that with our two picks last year none were a WR. Deebo would have looked great, though the crop of incoming WR's looks legit. It'll be fun (arm chair) scouting those guys.