49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
believe it or not, we've been thru worse defeats. I'm over it. We got our ***** kicked on defense all game long. Not much to say. We had to play a clean game and I thought we had a chance. We didn't on offense and you guys blocked the heck out of the defense. widest running lanes ever all game long. They just whipped them at every level in the run game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
believe it or not, we've been thru worse defeats. I'm over it. We got our ***** kicked on defense all game long. Not much to say. We had to play a clean game and I thought we had a chance. We didn't on offense and you guys blocked the heck out of the defense. widest running lanes ever all game long. They just whipped them at every level in the run game.
As much as I despise Aikman at times, he's right when he said that, at this point, they're just taking the Packers' manhood on defense. It was so damn painful to watch.

Even more painful was Rodgers and the offense almost making it interesting down the stretch. Such a tease.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our team is soft, except for Clark no one on either side of the ball is bringing it. We're not just a few players away. We have a regular season team not a winning playoff team. I'm afraid we missed our window.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I checked out the Chiefs forum in their vs. 49ers thread. Holy crap they are like Seahawks fans 2.0 . A bunch of chest pounding, trash talking children.

You guys were actually really cool.
Thanks for the kind words. Have fun trolling, er posting, on the Chiefs board (just kidding, just kidding).

On The Herd today, the fan poll they were running had the 49ers winning 80% to 20%, at least when I was watching. That's pretty amazing, since if I'm not mistaken Vegas has the Chiefs as a slight early favorite (like 1.5 points).

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Go down to his comments on defensive stats. Not defending Rodgers' performance, bu man o' livin'

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go down to his comments on defensive stats. Not defending Rodgers' performance, bu man o' livin'
I'm going to say what no one else is saying. This really makes the Packers look bush league as a football organization. They have one of the best QBs of the era, and they have continually combined that with fielding a Mickey Mouse defense. Despite years of drafting for defense and attempting to fix it. There's a huge level of incompetence here, and it makes the team look bad.

The defense this year was at least able to pull out some wins in crunch time, I'll say that for them. Probably because of the Smith Brothers and the pass rush. But what SF did to them was just plain embarrassing.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I would argue that the best weapon the Packers could give Aaron Rodgers is a bona fide defense... not the rubber band style neither.

I made the same argument for Brett.

...and it's the same argument I'll make when I predict the 9'ers slam KC. As much as I'd like to see Reid at the White House fast food buffet.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our team is soft, except for Clark no one on either side of the ball is bringing it. We're not just a few players away. We have a regular season team not a winning playoff team. I'm afraid we missed our window.

Outside of Clark our DL isn't great but I wouldn't call the Smith 'brothers', Alexander or Savage "soft".

I don't think we missed our window. After 2 seasons of missing the playoffs we make it the NFCC game with a rookie HC. We need to add a couple of missing pieces and we have a GM who isn't afraid to use every venue to improve his roster. For me the arrow is still pointing up.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to say what no one else is saying. This really makes the Packers look bush league as a football organization. They have one of the best QBs of the era, and they have continually combined that with fielding a Mickey Mouse defense. Despite years of drafting for defense and attempting to fix it. There's a huge level of incompetence here, and it makes the team look bad.

The defense this year was at least able to pull out some wins in crunch time, I'll say that for them. Probably because of the Smith Brothers and the pass rush. But what SF did to them was just plain embarrassing.

You are not going to fix a defense that has endured years of lousy drafting in 2 offseasons. I am pleased with most of Gute's moves so far. Let's see what he does this spring.

D

Deleted member 6794

You are not going to fix a defense that has endured years of lousy drafting in 2 offseasons. I am pleased with most of Gute's moves so far. Let's see what he does this spring.

Actually the defence improved significantly over the past two seasons. One terrible game against a run first team doesn't change that by any means.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the defence improved significantly over the past two seasons. One terrible game against a run first team doesn't change that by any means.

Absolutely. The defense right now is much better than in the past. I was just pointing out how sad it is that we whiffed on a lot of draft picks over the years and we are now going into year 3 of Gute trying to fix it. :D

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha haha 49ers fans that polluted this thread, well deserved loss. Exposed and your franchises died before it could come to fruition...have fun trying to keep the players you have after purposely tanking season in your Salary cap now. I loved seeing jimmy g collapse and that pos team lose. Go chiefs

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha haha 49ers fans that polluted this thread, well deserved loss. Exposed and your franchises died before it could come to fruition...have fun trying to keep the players you have after purposely tanking season in your Salary cap now. I loved seeing jimmy g collapse and that pos team lose. Go chiefs

I don't think they were "exposed". I think they lost a really good game to another really good team. They're still pretty likely to be set up to be really good for awhile, and I certainly wouldn't dream of talking trash about them until we've actually shown that we're capable of at least competing with them.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they were "exposed". I think they lost a really good game to another really good team. They're still pretty likely to be set up to be really good for awhile, and I certainly wouldn't dream of talking trash about them until we've actually shown that we're capable of at least competing with them.

well the “franchise” qb was exposed as a overpaid backup, the team went all in after tanking seasons and won’t be able to pay the “elite” defense they have and I’m betting they go 9-7 or 10-6 and lose to Seattle next year...they will not be a contender again besides wild cards...are you a packers fan? Why not be happy to see them lose tonight?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well the “franchise” qb was exposed as a overpaid backup, the team went all in after tanking seasons and won’t be able to pay the “elite” defense they have and I’m betting they go 9-7 or 10-6 and lose to Seattle next year...they will not be a contender again besides wild cards...are you a packers fan? Why not be happy to see them lose tonight?

What a silly thing to ask. I've been a Packer fan since 1989. It doesn't make me happy because it doesn't change anything from 2 weeks ago. Spite does not change anything. I'm happy to see Andy Reid get his ring.

There's no guarantee of getting back but the 49ers have multiple important players on rookie contracts. To think they aren't in a position to remain competitive is wishful thinking at best. They went "all in" on this year? Huh? With who?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think they are set for contracts for 2 more years..so buckle up could still be them next year

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ugh...i dreaded coming back and reading what i wrote last night. Had the 'ol liquid courage last night and for some odd reason decided this forum just had to have my opinion...apologies yall. Still nice to see jimmy G not pull it off and the 49ers lose though.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ugh...i dreaded coming back and reading what i wrote last night. Had the 'ol liquid courage last night and for some odd reason decided this forum just had to have my opinion...apologies yall. Still nice to see jimmy G not pull it off and the 49ers lose though.

Haha. Super Bowl Sunday can get like that. We've all been there. I wasn't terribly invested in the game, but I was rooting for the Chiefs as well yesterday.

If that's the worst you did last night, you're good. Hopefully you did not text any exes and tell them that you still loved them.

Last edited: