49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

Stanley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Jesus Christ, lets pick his best game of the season every time, that’s what’s getting old.

Your premise is wrong because you don’t follow the 49ers and you haven’t seen how he has always been a clutch when we needed it.

Not trying to be annoying, just telling you that narrative in uninformed and old.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to crush the draft, WR and ILB as I've stated. I'm still very disappointed that with our two picks last year none were a WR. Deebo would have looked great, though the crop of incoming WR's looks legit. It'll be fun (arm chair) scouting those guys.

We could sure use a WR, but a WR won't stop the 49ers from imposing their will offensively against our defense. Jimmy G threw 8 passes tonight. They have weapons in Deebo, Sanders and Kittle and they simply did not need them tonight because they just ran the ball on every play because they knew we couldn't do anything about it.

The gap between these two teams is massive. It's not likely to be overcome by this time next year.

Stanley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We?
This is a packer board..
Why not celebrate on a niner board? Or you not cool enough? So they banned u?

I see your a moderator, which is funny that you’re pointing out the ‘we’ in my statement.

‘We’ as in the fan base and yes ‘we’ as fanatics. It’s just sports, I’m allowed, like everyone else, to say ‘we’ when referring to ‘my’ team.

Didn’t know you didn’t allow other fans here, or that I was only allowed on my own board. but it’s probably because of the current situation.

I know I’m probably banned after this post, but enjoy the offseason and years of rebuilding

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see your a moderator, which is funny that you’re pointing out the ‘we’ in my statement.

‘We’ as in the fan base and yes ‘we’ as fanatics. It’s just sports, I’m allowed, like everyone else, to say ‘we’ when referring to ‘my’ team.

Didn’t know you didn’t allow other fans here, or that I was only allowed on my own board. but it’s probably because of the current situation.

I know I’m probably banned after this post, but enjoy the offseason and years of rebuilding

Enjoy watching Mahomes torch your D, they've got a lot more weapons than we do.

CheeseNwine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well fought game, guys. I got a bit nervous when Rogers put it within two scores with 8 minutes left.

I’m a 49ers fan, but I don’t hate the Packers. I’d like to see Rogers get at least one more before he retires. If he doesn’t, I don’t put that on him. Dan Marino is an all-time great, and he has zero. At least Rogers got his either way.

Believe me I know it sucks when your team loses a big game. And it’s downright demoralizing when another team runs all over you. Trust me, I know how it feels. But at the end of the day it’s just a game, and we’re all human beings.

What sucks worse than losing a big game, is having a bad team and a losing season. The Packers had a great season. When all the smoke settles, every year there are 31 highly disappointed teams, and only one victor. Football fans are gluttons for punishment.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well fought? I'm not sure we even had defenders on the field much of the game.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well fought game, guys. I got a bit nervous when Rogers put it within two scores with 8 minutes left.

I’m a 49ers fan, but I don’t hate the Packers. I’d like to see Rogers get at least one more before he retires. If he doesn’t, I don’t put that on him. Dan Marino is an all-time great, and he has zero. At least Rogers got his either way.

Believe me I know it sucks when your team loses a big game. And it’s downright demoralizing when another team runs all over you. Trust me, I know how it feels. But at the end of the day it’s just a game, and we’re all human beings.

What sucks worse than losing a big game, is having a bad team and a losing season. The Packers had a great season. When all the smoke settles, every year there are 31 highly disappointed teams, and only one victor. Football fans are gluttons for punishment.
Well said, and if you watch other sports it’s even worse. I’ve been waiting 28 years for the oilers to win another Stanley Cup. At least the Seahawks have stopped me from going completely insane.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your premise is wrong because you don’t follow the 49ers and you haven’t seen how he has always been a clutch when we needed it.

Not trying to be annoying, just telling you that narrative in uninformed and old.
Clutch as in count to three and throw at a precise spot on the field where kittle will be? Yea he’s HOF material bud. I went into this game saying I wanted whichever NFC team won to take it all....after the last few days of bandwagon 9ers fans and comments like yours and others that for whatever reason this board allowed to post I hope with all my heart KC torches San Francisco forcing that “clutch” qb to win the game. I’d say good luck but I wouldn’t mean it in the slightest so instead...Go Chiefs!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of over reaction in this i’d say.

Well, I did make it before the ... Well late 3rd quarter and 4th quarter fight back.

To clarify, I mean Rodgers clearly isn't done yet, but he's not a young gun with crazy ridiculous accuracy like Mahomes any more, so ... gonna have to do what we can to surround him with as much talent as possible. And by this point in Favre's time here, well were already developing him, so if the next guy is there, might as well at least get him ready.

Offense improved over last season, I'm not forgetting this, but they aren't there yet. OL and WR core still needs some work.

On defense, we got a pretty decent secondary, but need another ILB and probably one more Kenny Clark.

And as to special teams ... Well, I don't know if we can get a carbon copy of Dave Toub. But this has been an area we really have not spent much time addressing, and I don't think Menenga has done his job.

It was a successful year, but we still gotta get this off season right to get over this hump.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Mahomes has crazy accuracy, he has crazy playmakers. It's funny, Davante has to make a 1 handed grab and every one is like, "ohhhhh Rodgers and another errant pass". As opposed to Mahomes, I didn't see the game today, but last week? his receivers were diving, laying out, all freaking over making good catches and everyone is like "ohhhhh Mahomes"

I mean he's good, but Let's see him do this with the level of playmakers this team has.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could buy into the narrative of "we'll be better next year".

The core of this team is a 36 year old declining QB, an aging offensive line and two veteran pass rushers.

I think it's incredibly likely we win less than 13 games next year. This team should contend for a division title and be a playoff team but as far as being able to take a next step next year, barring an out of this world offseason I just don't really see it. There isn't an infusion of elite young talent on this team.
Alexander & Savage are very good/elite young guys in the secondary to build on. Aaron Jones is under contract for another year so the offensive backfield is strong, yet. We're set at OLB for a few more years.

- The OL needs help, so get an OT & OG in the draft and re-sign Bulaga or Veldheer for '20 while grooming a kid. Turner is "meh" but if not supplanted would be serviceable for '20.
- Need (2) ILB's in the draft, 1 high, 1 mid/late.
- Need another 315+ interior lineman to pair with Clark. FA or mid/late-rounder?
- STILL not sure what we have in Sternberger or Tonyan, but need a good TE who can block & catch. Jimmy G's $8MILcap savings can be MUCH better utilized in others' pockets.
- Need to add a high-round talent at WR... speed AND NCAA production along with great route running and hands would be VERY welcome.

Last edited:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander & Savage are very good/elite young guys in the secondary to build on. Aaron Jones is under contract for another year so the offensive backfield is strong, yet. We're set at OLB for a few more years.

- The OL needs help, so get an OT & OG in the draft and re-sign Bulaga or Veldheer for '20 while grooming a kid. Turner is "meh" but if not supplanted would be serviceable for '20.
- Need (2) ILB's in the draft, 1 high, 1 mid/late.
- Need another 315+ interior lineman to pair with Clark. FA or mid/late-rounder?
- STILL not sure what we have in Sternburger or Tonyan, but need a good TE who can block & catch. Jimmy G's $8MILcap savings can be MUCH better utilized in others' pockets.
- Need to add a high-round talent at WR... speed AND NCAA production along with great route running and hands would be VERY welcome.

I think we can probably use that money we save on Graham on a different position. I'm ok with them going into next year with Lewis (if he wants to come back) Sternberger and Tonyan. The latter two significantly improve the speed we need for a catching TE and cannot be any worse than Graham blocking. Tonyan will be in his third year, where we'll really know what we have in him.

CheeseNwine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clutch as in count to three and throw at a precise spot on the field where kittle will be? Yea he’s HOF material bud. I went into this game saying I wanted whichever NFC team won to take it all....after the last few days of bandwagon 9ers fans and comments like yours and others that for whatever reason this board allowed to post I hope with all my heart KC torches San Francisco forcing that “clutch” qb to win the game. I’d say good luck but I wouldn’t mean it in the slightest so instead...Go Chiefs!

Compare Jimmy Garoppolo‘s numbers to Aaron Rodgers this year. Very similar, with a couple of differences. Jimmy Garoppolo‘s completion percentage is way higher. Aaron Rodgers throws way less interceptions.

This is Garoppolo‘s very first full season as a starter.

PACKAR2020

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, the Chiefs have too much speed on O + Kelce and they got Mahomes and the 49ers don’t.

CheeseNwine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little salt on Garoppolo as a going away present for you guys...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The gap between these two teams is massive. It's not likely to be overcome by this time next year.
Yeah, plus we simply don't match up well with the 49ers. Our defense is built to stop the pass and honestly Garoppollo probably could have thrown zero passes and they still would have won the game. Our best hope in the future is that some other team (maybe the Seahawks) knock them off for us and clears a path. Plus maybe they suffer some Super Bowl hangover and get some talent picked from them during the offseason.

The Seahawks very nearly knocked them off a few weeks ago, which would have given us the #1 seed. Would this game have looked different in Lambeau? Maybe not, but you never know.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly believe that the Niners don't want to have to rely on Garropolo winning the game for them. While he might be capable of doing it I like our chances if he really has to.
We will never know. The Niners didn't even need a QB today.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Not banned..u did nothing wrong

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Compare Jimmy Garoppolo‘s numbers to Aaron Rodgers this year. Very similar, with a couple of differences. Jimmy Garoppolo‘s completion percentage is way higher. Aaron Rodgers throws way less interceptions.

This is Garoppolo‘s very first full season as a starter.

the 49ers have more than 1 receiver though and Kittle....we have Adams and then.....fill in the blank..... Rodgers numbers were low due to that, I'll trade you Kittle for Geronimo Allison.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Congrats and good luck in the SB.

CheeseNwine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the 49ers have more than 1 receiver though and Kittle....we have Adams and then.....fill in the blank..... Rodgers numbers were low due to that, I'll trade you Kittle for Geronimo Allison.

Make no mistake, I’m not trying to say Jimmy Garoppolo is Aaron Rodgers. Maybe he will turn into an Aaron Rodgers, maybe he won’t. I just think he’s underrated.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make no mistake, I’m not trying to say Jimmy Garoppolo is Aaron Rodgers. Maybe he will turn into an Aaron Rodgers, maybe he won’t. I just think he’s underrated.

I think hes rated right about where he should be. That being said he gets a chance to prove me wrong in 2 weeks because if San Fran cant stop Mahomes hes going to have to do something besides hand off to win the Superbowl...or the defense could stop KC and Jimmy G can be the next Trent Dilfer ;)

CheeseNwine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I hate to revive a thread that is old news, that you guys probably just want to die....

I checked out the Chiefs forum in their vs. 49ers thread. Holy crap they are like Seahawks fans 2.0 . A bunch of chest pounding, trash talking children.

You guys were actually really cool. And I appreciate the illustrious history of the Packers, the namesake of the Lombardy trophy, and fan ownership.

I’ve never had hate for the Packers. I also never had hate for the Chiefs, but now #%^! those guys.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I hate to revive a thread that is old news, that you guys probably just want to die....

I checked out the Chiefs forum in their vs. 49ers thread. Holy crap they are like Seahawks fans 2.0 . A bunch of chest pounding, trash talking children.

You guys were actually really cool. And I appreciate the illustrious history of the Packers, the namesake of the Lombardy trophy, and fan ownership.

I’ve never had hate for the Packers. I also never had hate for the Chiefs, but now #%^! those guys.

You're all right. Good luck to you guys. I'm not the biggest Richard Sherman fan in the world but for the most part no issues with your guys either. Should be a good Super Bowl.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts