My Post SB LVIII 2 cents

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Well the lesser of my 2 evil teams won, I admit it was entertaining, here’s my 2cents
1)SF did not let themselves get run over by the the run, GB Lions
2)Last minute lost (KARMA)
3)Comercials were, overrate, not one should have cost over 100k
4)12 Taylor Swift views
5) Spong Bob calling the game?
6) Rib eye Steaks & Lobster tails SB Yummys
7) tequila and whiskey shots (not in that order)
8) And finally GB the Lombardi trophy needs to come back home to Lambeau
Yell at you next season ”Cheese Heads”

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shanahan was stupid for not kicking the ball in OT. And Purdy isn't the guy for them. He did nothing special in this game. It's unlikely he will ever have a better team around him than he did this year.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Tony Romo he is a special qb. Yeah, Purdy was the last player taken in that draft for a reason!! I hope that both teams regress next season.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shanahan was stupid for not kicking the ball in OT.

Tough call. I thought both D's were wearing down. Kicking the ball puts the D out there right away again and gives the Chiefs a bunch of time to rest.

Agree on Purdy. Can't say I was really impressed by anything he did in the playoffs. If 49ers won he probably should have been 3rd or 4th in the MVP voting.

Reaction score
As a native Packer fan, I didn’t have strong feelings either way. Although I told a friend that follows the 49ers that this game would be much closer than people thought. I told him the 49ers just hang around and they have talent in all 3 phases. 49ers by 2 or 3 points type thing and I was in a strict minority.

The play that changed the outcome was the ankle biting Punt fumble recovered be KC. If not for that blunder? 70% chance this game turns our different. I don’t want to say KC didn’t deserve it, but they did have some balls bounce their way imo.

Imo after watching that. IF this was a best 4 out of 7 series the 49ers would Win 4. I though Shanahan was a little conservative the second half in play calling.

PS was I the only one who knew the Karlaftis finger thing was staged? Was that the most obvious fake injury in SB history??? Ridiculous

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to say that if we were in that game, we would have beaten either team, but I'm not really ready to say that. I will say that I think we could have beaten either one, but I'm not so sure that we're so good we probably wouldn't have made the same mistakes the other two teams made. I think our youth and inexperience with games of this magnitude would have been a vulnerability that either of these two teams and coaches could very well have exploited, so it's hard to say we "would" have won.

But by god, I'm completely comfortable saying we certainly could have. I think that we would have competed in this game, and that win or lose, we would not have been embarrassed by our effort. And I don't mean just the players - I mean the coaches, too (absent Joe Barry). I think Sean Lafleur would have gone toe to toe with either of those coaches tonight, and it's been over 15 years since we've had a coach I could say that about.

I see this game as a measuring stick of where we are at this moment in time, and I come away from it very, very encouraged and optimistic.

2024, let's get it on. NFL - we're coming.

Reaction score
I would say the same thing @Thirteen Below Our strength this season was on par with either SB team imo. Although I think this was a below average class of SB teams.

I’m pretty confident the Packers would not have Won or lost by more than 1 score

My takeaway is we could’ve beat the 49ers. The 49ers could’ve beat the Chiefs. Many SB teams would clobbered both these guys. Also Both the past SB winning KC teams were much better imo.

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the 1st offseason in a long time that I've really looked forward to (probably 2018 or 2019). Most of the recent offseasons have been marred by either TT and knowing that he was going to do nothing or Aaron Rodgers drama from 2020-2023. With a solid draft and selectively filling in some gaps in FA, I see no reason that around 10PM 2/9/2025 we couldn't see the Packers hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

Reaction score
This is the 1st offseason in a long time that I've really looked forward to (probably 2018 or 2019). Most of the recent offseasons have been marred by either TT and knowing that he was going to do nothing or Aaron Rodgers drama from 2020-2023. With a solid draft and selectively filling in some gaps in FA, I see no reason that around 10PM 2/9/2025 we couldn't see the Packers hoisting the Lombardi trophy.
@Firethorn1001 I agree. I think people on the outside are waking up to the fact that the Packers were the youngest team in the NFL by age. However what I’d argue is they still have not grasped this concept. The 2023 Offense had the least games of experience across 58 seasons multiplied by how many franchises? Do the math and you’ll realize it’s over 1,500+ Rosters on Offense across that span and we are #1 least experienced in cumulative games played. It’s not just young. It’s a record-breaking anomaly of historical proportions on the Offensive side. THAT is why we’re #1 youngest in age as a TEAM

The point of this exercise is this. Nearly anyone will tell you if you find a particular player that excels early into his college or pro career etc.. thats a key to long term draft success. (See Pat Mahomes)
But what about nearly an entire O Roster doing it? That what we possess right now. Thankfully we’re highly underestimated, they just think we’re young in respect to 2023. No. We’re young in respect to cumulative “games played” from 1966 forward.

Our Offense is about to explode. Add 1-2 OL for 1 upgrade and 1 more exceptional depth piece and maybe another dynamic weapon at RB or TE with a really good inline blocking grade like Sinnot? We’re going to explode on Offense.

We need to whip our D into shape by cutting dead weight that aren’t living up to contract $. Possibly Savage or Campbell. Then go sign at minimum 1 high profile Defense FA, plus a D starter level player from outside and add 3 more top #91 selections at DB, LB, DL and watch this team rise up over last season very quickly

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a native Packer fan, I didn’t have strong feelings either way. Although I told a friend that follows the 49ers that this game would be much closer than people thought. I told him the 49ers just hang around and they have talent in all 3 phases. 49ers by 2 or 3 points type thing and I was in a strict minority.

The play that changed the outcome was the ankle biting Punt fumble recovered be KC. If not for that blunder? 70% chance this game turns our different. I don’t want to say KC didn’t deserve it, but they did have some balls bounce their way imo.

Imo after watching that. IF this was a best 4 out of 7 series the 49ers would Win 4. I though Shanahan was a little conservative the second half in play calling.

PS was I the only one who knew the Karlaftis finger thing was staged? Was that the most obvious fake injury in SB history??? Ridiculous
Yes, before that punt fumble KC wasn't doing squat on offense and in the end that along with the missed extra point doomed SF.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough call. I thought both D's were wearing down. Kicking the ball puts the D out there right away again and gives the Chiefs a bunch of time to rest.
Shanahan said in the post-game they wanted the ball first, because if they scored and the Chiefs matched it, then they would get the ball next to win the game.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shanahan said in the post-game they wanted the ball first, because if they scored and the Chiefs matched it, then they would get the ball next to win the game.
Yeah but the second team gets to play 4 down ball. Bottom line: I hate SF, but I absolutely despise Mahomes and Kelce. Now I hate SF more than ever for not getting the job done.

OUpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SF had 3 plays and 1 injury that cost them this football game.
1. McCaffery fumble on opening drive. Cost them a minimum of 3 points.
2. Fumble on punt and giving KC offense life.
3. Missed PAT, no excuse for this at that level
4. Greenlaw injury

I will also add that Shannan quit running the ball in the 3rd quarter that cost them big. Not sure he is as good as the talking heads make him out to be

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest takeaway was last night was quite possibly the best example of how an edge can absolutely be a BEAST yet not show in the sack column...which seems to be the ignorant way you judge an edge player these days it seems on social media sites. Bosa freaking controlled his side of the line and never let Mahomes escape moving forward, always back...insanely good game out of him.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Shanahan was playing for a potential 3rd series then when they were 1st and 10 at the 15, they should have been playing that as 4 down territory. You are either scoring a TD or you are turning over the ball on downs and removing that guaranteed 4 down advantage.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing the game showed me is that unless our place kicker turns his game completely around; we cannot go into these big games with him. Not because of the missed extra point (that just kept the 9rs in it since the Chiefs would have gone down and scored a TD in regulation time...probably), but because of how good those two kickers were.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing the game showed me is that unless our place kicker turns his game completely around; we cannot go into these big games with him. Not because of the missed extra point (that just kept the 9rs in it since the Chiefs would have gone down and scored a TD in regulation time...probably), but because of how good those two kickers were.

Sorry you cannot dismiss the extra point in that fashion. That was a massive change in playcalling by both teams late in that game to be chasing 4 points vs 3...

If that was us, many of folks on this board would be blaming that entire game's outcome or dang near on Anders for the XP.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry you cannot dismiss the extra point in that fashion. That was a massive change in playcalling by both teams late in that game to be chasing 4 points vs 3...

If that was us, many of folks on this board would be blaming that entire game's outcome or dang near on Anders for the XP.
Actually, I can...and did.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But, had they deferred they would have known exactly what they needed to win. I for one would not give Mahomes and friends the ball last in OT under any circumstances. Plus, with the post season OT rules even if KC scored a TD first SF still had an opportunity to get the ball. I hope the League considers implementing this in the regular season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But, had they deferred they would have known exactly what they needed to win. I for one would not give Mahomes and friends the ball last in OT under any circumstances. Plus, with the post season OT rules even if KC scored a TD first SF still had an opportunity to get the ball. I hope the League considers implementing this in the regular season.

I was under the understanding the overtime rules in all NFL games each offense gets a possession...the only way a team's offense does not get a possession is if their defense scores a TD....

Reaction score
I was under the understanding the overtime rules in all NFL games each offense gets a possession...the only way a team's offense does not get a possession is if their defense scores a TD....
Exactly. One facet someone brought up was compelling. The second team up gets 4 Downs if the first team scores. 4-Down territory.
I never thought about it that way, but it’s a nice advantage.
I would’ve Kicked in OT if I was the 49ers. Just my thought.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. One facet someone brought up was compelling. The second team up gets 4 Downs if the first team scores. 4-Down territory.
I never thought about it that way, but it’s a nice advantage.
I would’ve Kicked in OT if I was the 49ers. Just my thought.
Oh for sure I'm kicking it. Taking the kick is dumb, and when they did I figured Warner got it wrong and didn't listen.

Members online

Latest posts