49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be Rodgers' fourth NFC Championship Game......and his fourth one on the road. Wish this was was in Lambeau.

I wouldn't pick us to win this game, but I would be surprised if it's as much of a beatdown as last time. Early in that game, everything went wrong that could go wrong and the team really never got off its feet. In the midst of that debacle though, there were some encouraging signs. The pass rush was strong, Jimmy G was under a lot of pressure. And the rush game was solid- we just couldn't stick to it given the score. We averaged about 4.2 yards a carry. The SF defense ranks 23rd in yards an attempt on the ground, so that seems to be their weakest spot defensively.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be Rodgers' fourth NFC Championship Game......and his fourth one on the road. Wish this was was in Lambeau.

I wouldn't pick us to win this game, but I would be surprised if it's as much of a beatdown as last time. Early in that game, everything went wrong that could go wrong and the team really never got off its feet. In the midst of that debacle though, there were some encouraging signs. The pass rush was strong, Jimmy G was under a lot of pressure. And the rush game was solid- we just couldn't stick to it given the score. We averaged about 4.2 yards a carry. The SF defense ranks 23rd in yards an attempt on the ground, so that seems to be their weakest spot defensively.

They are weak against the short, quick passing game

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy G throws a few interceptions we turn into points is my guess and AR makes clutch throws and short slant completions to with it

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a lot of expectations this time around after the first one. Can't be much worse though lol. I expect us to be more competitive this time around. Felt like the niners coaching staff knew what MLF was going to do based their history, so hopefully he changes that up a bit.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't count on it. You pinheads beat the Seachickens by ONE INCH 2 weeks ago. And you needed a massive brain fart from them to do it.

Yeah a win is a win though. In all seriousness, what scares me most about the Pack is AR12. The man is badazz and can single handedly wreck a defense.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wouldn't pick us to win this game, but I would be surprised if it's as much of a beatdown as last time. Early in that game, everything went wrong that could go wrong and the team really never got off its feet

They had a lot of help with "favorable" calls in the first quarter of that game. There were a couple that extended their early drives and one that ended one of ours. All three ranged from "questionable" to "BS."

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Watching a Richard Sherman interview is why I really want to shut him up hope Devante has a record game and burns him up and down the field

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy G doesn't throw long and Sanders is the WR to watch out. Debo is good for a couple of key receptions to keep the chains moving....We really need out ILB's on top form.

Some stats from their game vs Vikings:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Nice to see the 9'ers fans are supporting them again. Winning does that for that kind of fan.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are weak against the short, quick passing game

We've got killed by short passes in the second half of the season. After all the injuries, we looked like a shell of our former selves. Lafleur would be smart to watch The games we played against AZ to create a game plan...

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah a win is a win though. In all seriousness, what scares me most about the Pack is AR12. The man is badazz and can single handedly wreck a defense.

Yeah, he hasn't been that guy very much this year though. We'll see.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a lot of expectations this time around after the first one. Can't be much worse though lol. I expect us to be more competitive this time around. Felt like the niners coaching staff knew what MLF was going to do based their history, so hopefully he changes that up a bit.

Dont worry he will

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've got killed by short passes in the second half of the season. After all the injuries, we looked like a shell of our former selves. Lafleur would be smart to watch The games we played against AZ to create a game plan...

Right. Which is why if AR can play like tonight and his the short crossing and slant patterns we can win

Jimmy G also throws interceptions and isn't a running threat

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to see the 9'ers fans are supporting them again. Winning does that for that kind of fan.

8 years ago when I joined this forum I mentioned in one of my threads I wasn't going to troll this board. I think I specifically said I'll only post when we play and after the game...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
8 years ago when I joined this forum I mentioned in on of my threads I wasn't going to troll this board. I think I specifically said I'll only post when we play and after the game...

Wasn't addressing you individually.

Latest posts