3rd round WR Ty Montgomery

Reaction score
I'm wondering if we're not trying to phase out the PR/KR responsibility of Hyde in an effort not to spread him too thin?
I made a commitment this year to keep the Bears website open, in case I felt I needed to harass someone in here I will use that as my outlet instead

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

All you do is spew vitriol on this forum ever since I joined. Do you think its cool to go against the grain and whine and complain non-stop like a little *****? It makes you look like a joke and its hard to take you seriously.
I liked the Rollins pick. I like what the Packers have on offense. We have some good defensive players who I compliment from with frequency.

There are things I don't like. I don't like how this defense goes through extended periods of bad tackling, lack of intensity and, of course, the regular defensive collapses in the playoffs. I dislike Capers and believe he should have fired this offseason.

You sir, are what we call a "homer", and if you want to keep that company it is you who is a joke.

H

HardRightEdge

Awww, tattle tale too on top of being the resident cry baby? lol

And does your ******** get jealous of the crap that spews from your mouth?
I didn't report you. Somebody else might. The stuff you're spewing now is beyond response. I guess I got in your head. Sorry.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sir, are what we call a "homer", and if you want to keep that company it is you who is a joke.

I think you're just mad because someone is here to combat your overall Negative Nancy, hyperbole, vitriol filled ******** honestly, LOL

Everything you say is negative. You look for the bad in everything. Fans like you are annoying.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't report you. Somebody else might. The stuff you're spewing now is beyond response. I guess I got in your head. Sorry.

Nope. You in my head? Please. Get real. You enjoyed being the resident bully and against the trend poster here for too long. Its time someone calls you out on your BS.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a terrible pick... the Randall was probably worse b/c it was a 1sr rounder, but wasting a 3rd round pick on a guy whose ceiling is that of a #4 WR and a kick returner??

No matter who TT drafts later on in this draft - I don't see how he can salvage anything from this draft.

Rollins is a good player, but will take time to develop; Randall's upside is that of a nickelback; and Montgomery is at best a special teams ace - just a joke of a draft.

Why do you think Montgomery is at best a special teams player?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people said Clay Matthews had a special teams player ceiling when we drafted him. I'm not too concerned about that.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Montgomery could push Adams for #3 spot. And if both Adams, and Montgomery look good. then we are screwed.... too much talent at WR. crap!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If special teams is anything but a very minor factor in the first 3 rounds, something is wrong.
Either that or something is VERY RIGHT. If you have the luxury of bolstering your flailing special teams with high draft picks, that speaks volumes about the rest of the team.

I bet when you flip a coin, you always end up tails, don't you?

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you think Montgomery is at best a special teams player?

He's certainly not ready for prime time.

Maybe he'll develop over time, but in terms of the Green Bay Packers franchise - the time should be NOW!!!

We're close to a championship, and TT should be making moves to put us over the top - NOW!!!

All of these picks were for the distant future, not now... we've definitely taken steps backward this offseason, and we weren't good enough last season. We were close, but not good enough... so, logically, we should fill those holes that are shortcomings and make a push for a championship - should we not??

Instead of shoring up our weaknesses, TT is drafting to ensure that holes that may exist in 3 years will be covered by players drafted today. The only problem with that is this is the "Wack-a-mole" approach, b/c there are always holes to fill.

We are a worse football team today than we were when we lost the NFCC game - and obviously we weren't good enough then.

That is the problem I have with these picks. We still have major holes on our roster, and TT has done nothing to address them.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe he'll develop over time, but in terms of the Green Bay Packers franchise - the time should be NOW!!!

We're close to a championship, and TT should be making moves to put us over the top - NOW!!!

All of these picks were for the distant future, not now... we've definitely taken steps backward this offseason, and we weren't good enough last season. We were close, but not good enough... so, logically, we should fill those holes that are shortcomings and make a push for a championship - should we not??

Instead of shoring up our weaknesses, TT is drafting to ensure that holes that may exist in 3 years will be covered by players drafted today. The only problem with that is this is the "Wack-a-mole" approach, b/c there are always holes to fill.

We are a worse football team today than we were when we lost the NFCC game - and obviously we weren't good enough then.

That is the problem I have with these picks. We still have major holes on our roster, and TT has done nothing to address them.

^ LOL

packers_BG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If special teams is anything but a very minor factor in the first 3 rounds, something is wrong.
As I remember we released one coach after last season. It was Slocum. After all - special teams burned us down as Seattle. You don't need to fix something that's not broken, I think.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides a starting kick returner... I think we replaced 2 good secondary guys (williams, House) with a 1st and 2nd round pick that look like they could be contributors from day 1. These guys can tackle. They go to the ball, and tackle. You seen the difference Hyde made. then we got Clinton Dix. Those two lit a fire under the veterans, and we became a truely great secondary... Traded in about 15 million for Williams/House, for maybe 10% of that for Randall/rollins.... I am excited to see these two young ball hawk, tackling machines.

Then add a beastly 6'221 pound WR. One that runs like a RB and blocks like a TE. This guy will not be able to be covered by a dime back... not happening!!! Adams and Montgomery up against nickel and dime backs, just seems unfair! lol

I like where we are at WR and secondary. I will dream of all sorts of possibilities... Just would still like to see a couple DTs with burst to stack our D-line. I will be happy.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. You in my head? Please. Get real. You enjoyed being the resident bully and against the trend poster here for too long. Its time someone calls you out on your BS.
Sir, the only person acting like a bully is you. Hre is far from a negative Nancy compared to quite a few on this forum. He just does not watch the packers with his rainbow bright glasses on like many of the posters on this board. And for the record someone disagreeing with you does not make them a bully.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why do you think we are championship contenders every single year? Do you not see what happens to the teams that go all in on one season every time they get a chance? What happens is they don't win the super bowl anyway, then they are fighting to get back into the playoff picture for years. The plan is never to win now or bust, the plan is to always be in the playoffs and bet that sooner or later you'll be hot when it counts and string together a couple good games and bring home another championship every once in a while. If you're in the playoffs every year, you're bound to rack up a few rings. I, for one, am beyond grateful that we run things the way we do and I can look forward to every season with real excitement and hope for a super bowl.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want a team that reaches for picks based on need and always signs flashy, high priced free agents to fill your offseason with excitement and false hope, I'm sure the Redskins have a few empty seats they'd love for you to fill. But I prefer an exciting regular and post season over the offseason.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sir, the only person acting like a bully is you. Hre is far from a negative Nancy compared to quite a few on this forum. He just does not watch the packers with his rainbow bright glasses on like many of the posters on this board. And for the record someone disagreeing with you does not make them a bully.

What is the point of being a fan of a team if all you have to say are bad things about that team? There is constructive criticism, but then there is blind hyperbole vitriol filled criticism. HardRightEdge falls into the latter. He habitually complains and whines non-stop about our drafting, free agency...whatever. None of it is good enough. Hes the kind of person that is only happy when he is complaining. He finds the bad in almost everything and anything.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the point of being a fan of a team if all you have to say are bad things about that team? There is constructive criticism, but then there is blind hyperbole vitriol filled criticism. HardRightEdge falls into the latter. He habitually complains and whines non-stop about our drafting, free agency...whatever. None of it is good enough. Hes the kind of person that is only happy when he is complaining. He finds the bad in almost everything and anything.
Are you sure you're not talking about this guY?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-02 at 3.09.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-02 at 3.09.40 AM.png
    219.8 KB · Views: 305

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montgomery has unique physical traits to a WR position, which brings unknown potential. How do they effectively use him in the offense? TBD. Special Teams contributor absolutely right away. I don't understand the prejudice of getting a 3rd Round return man (nearly 4th round) and could have potential in the offense. Was Cobb, Tramon, & Devante Adams not situated as Return guys??? Tramon was a starting CB in 2010 returning, Cobb 2nd Rounder & Starter & Returner, Devante-2nd rounder & Return guy (kinda ugly) & Starterish.. I am sure MM had significant input to coincide with the pick.

H

HardRightEdge

I think the logic here is pretty basic. He's a backup for Cobb out of the slot. If Nelson or Adams were to be injured, Cobb can move outside. It's covering the bases.

Since Thompson will put his third rounder on the roster short of injury, the Packers will either carry six WRs (which has been done but is not typical) or let Janis or Abbrederis go. The fact that Monty has some KO return credentials, that would put Janis squarely on the bubble since that would be his chief utility. Or if they don't like how Abbrederis' knee is shaping up.... Not all ACLs are created equal.

I would not rule out another WR or a pass catching TE on day 3. The theme of this draft is shoring up the past areas of strength that had depth issues coming in rather than attacking areas of weakness. The passer-rating-for vs. passer-rating-against metric seems to be carrying the day.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Picks are made for the player they will be, not what they are right now.

Besides, didn't even justify your thought on him like I asked. Said it a different way and then went on a rant.

And wasn't corner a need?

Latest posts