2024 Draft Prospect Discussions

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers at 9 is kind of crazy. But man with all that capital we can move up in so many ways. Especially if we get a 4 th round comp pick.

Attachments

• IMG_5649.jpeg
    IMG_5649.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 44

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The 49ers at 9 is kind of crazy. But man with all that capital we can move up in so many ways. Especially if we get a 4 th round comp pick.
Yup and I do believe they will get a compensatory 4th for the loss of Lazard. This is what most projections show for the Packers:

Projected Compensatory Picks​

• 4th (Allen Lazard)
  • 6th (Jarran Reed)
  • 6th (Dean Lowry)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Those 3 comp picks have already been added in the chart.
Right, but they are still considered "projected", since the league has not officially announced them. They (The NFL) also claim that they don't calculate them until after the season is over.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Production isn't an issue, is it? Thought it was all about the contract.
The NFL has not released the way that comp picks are figured out, yet people are accurately predicting them every season, so I assume the "formula" is somewhat known. You are correct, the new contract is one of the biggest known variables in the formula. While I don't think performance after the player was lost, is used in the formula, I thought I read that snap counts and post season awards are.

IMO snap counts should be thrown out, if it is used. Since a player could be injured and not play the whole season. The team that lost him, still lost his production and had he stayed, that injury probably doesn't happen. A good example of this would have been Aaron Rodgers, had he been a Free Agent.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Production isn't an issue, is it? Thought it was all about the contract.

I've never heard or seen that production is factored in. That's why projections start up immediately after the date to impact them is gone.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've never heard or seen that production is factored in. That's why projections start up immediately after the date to impact them is gone.
Goes hand in hand with giving players new contracts based on what they did in the past, not what they actually do in the future.

Reaction score
I’m seeing a few sights predicting Tonyan and Lewis misses the 7th cut.

First 5th Round Comp= Lazard
Jarren Reed and Lowry pair of 6ths

OverTheCap projecting
Lazard 5th
Reed 6th
Lowry 7th
Tonyan 7th

Still some solid draft capital.
1st
2nd, 2nd
3rd, 3rd
4th
5th
6th,6th
7th, 7th (maybe 7th again)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’m seeing a few sights predicting Tonyan and Lewis misses the 7th cut.

First 5th Round Comp= Lazard
Jarren Reed and Lowry pair of 6ths

OverTheCap projecting
Lazard 5th
Reed 6th
Lowry 7th
Tonyan 7th
Can we combine Tonyan and Lewis and just make it one 4th rounder for the 2? :D

Reaction score
Personally, I figured 5th and two 6ths originally. Likelihood is we get 3 or 4, with all but one not being before the 6th.
If we get one more great draft anywhere close to the 2023 version? Then the default growth across this current team? We could be exceptional by 2024-2025.

This current stuff is just an appetizer. We’re talking play on the dinner level of a perfectly prepared Filet Mignon and Desserts lit on fire as your Wine glass is filled with a Fine Meritage. Yes. The drop your napkin and a pretty girl has a fresh one in your lap before you realize it :)

This Dallas game is just the primer to get the nerves of a 1st Playoff game on the Road behind us.

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Tyler Nubin, S Minnesota- 6’2 210lbs

Unfortunately for us, I do not think his RAS from the combine will land him on the Packers board early. Though I could be wrong, because his athleticism translated on tape. I love watching this kid play. Hopefully he can impress Gute at his pro day and/or focus on that combine work ahead of February.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyler Nubin, S Minnesota- 6’2 210lbs

Unfortunately for us, I do not think his RAS from the combine will land him on the Packers board early. Though I could be wrong, because his athleticism translated on tape. I love watching this kid play. Hopefully he can impress Gute at his pro day and/or focus on that combine work ahead of February.
Nubin has settled into my 2a/2b spot at safety. I do love a lot about him clearly, and await his testing to see just how comfortable I am saying still worth consideration as a Day1 or not. Kitchens may wash out as the only safety I think is clear Day1 grade worthy.

Jaden Hicks Safety out of Washington State is a guy that I think will prove in testing to be a Packer type and is a uniquely framed safety with excellent coverage skills if deployed well. I think Hicks is a Late second round level guy, but you'll find some still keeping him out of their top 100.

Kitan Oladapo Safety from Oregon State is a dude of late I think could be a Day3 type guy that is that down in the box safety/LB type player the NFL is seeing more and more of. 6'3' 217lbs and has a motor and desire to get his nose on the ball carry every play that never stops running. He looks adaquately fast enough on tape, but I'd say if he runs in the 4.4s he may just buzz some radars for early Day3 even.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you thinking Running Backs...here's some early EARLY guys I might like us to look at:

Audric Estime Notre Dame - 5'11' 227lbs
He's a big back, that plays nimble, shift direction and has another gear in open albeit not ELITE speed, he can make big plays and does! He has no fear and is built stout enough to possibly replace some of Dillon but with a touch of Jones to him too. Last year he put up 1,055 yards on the ground at a 6.4 average per carry, 12 TDs and tossed in just over 100 yards receiving. This year he is averaging 8.3 and just three games in has 400 yards with 4 TDs already.

Raheim Sanders Arkansas 6'2' 242lbs
This dude has PRODUCED...2021 season through the start of this year this young man has 2,439 yards total, 6.2 average per and has chipped in 376 yards through the air. 20 TDs on ground and three in the air.

Carson Steele UCLA (by way of Ball State) 6'1' 225lbs
This dude is just walking yards on display! In two years with Ball State he put up 2770 yards, averaged 5.3 and tossed in 22TDs in those two years...BUT also through the air added 323 yards on 41 receptions with 2 TDs. Now at UCLA, he's got 185 yards on the ground and 160 yards through the air with 3 TDs (2 on ground). Proven to produce at a sub-par school (Ball State) despite being the focus of defenses...and still producing at UCLA. Keep an eye on him.

Circling back to this September post...Estime IMO would pair incredibly well with Jones, Sanders entered transfer portal and Steele now that I've watched more tape on him I'm split on and he is for sure not worth a pick till Day3. Steele in comparison to Estime just lacks that burst step, his cutting is not as harsh but the kid can make yards happen for sure and if he's there in the 6th is worth a pick IMO.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Nubin has settled into my 2a/2b spot at safety. I do love a lot about him clearly, and await his testing to see just how comfortable I am saying still worth consideration as a Day1 or not. Kitchens may wash out as the only safety I think is clear Day1 grade worthy.

Jaden Hicks Safety out of Washington State is a guy that I think will prove in testing to be a Packer type and is a uniquely framed safety with excellent coverage skills if deployed well. I think Hicks is a Late second round level guy, but you'll find some still keeping him out of their top 100.

Kitan Oladapo Safety from Oregon State is a dude of late I think could be a Day3 type guy that is that down in the box safety/LB type player the NFL is seeing more and more of. 6'3' 217lbs and has a motor and desire to get his nose on the ball carry every play that never stops running. He looks adaquately fast enough on tape, but I'd say if he runs in the 4.4s he may just buzz some radars for early Day3 even.
Off topic(ish), but what do you use for a mock draft simulator? I used to use the draft network and paid for premium, but I notice they no longer have a mock draft simulator on their site.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Off topic(ish), but what do you use for a mock draft simulator? I used to use the draft network and paid for premium, but I notice they no longer have a mock draft simulator on their site.

Eh...Draft Network I liked the most but PFF is rather decent. However, there isn't a mock engine I like as all of them have some ignorant options...for example PFF you can always get Beebe in the third - NOT happening IMO.

Reaction score
Personally, I figured 5th and two 6ths originally. Likelihood is we get 3 or 4, with all but one not being before the 6th.
True. A 5th and Two 6ths are still pretty good if it works out that way. Here’s one site predicting our selections after our loss.

• 1st Round, 25th overall
  • 2nd Round, 41st overall:
  • 2nd Round, 57th overall:
  • 3rd Round, 88th overall:
  • 3rd Round, 92nd overall:
  • 4th Round, 125th overall:
  • 5th Round, 135th overall
  • 6th Round, 203rd overall
  • 6th Round, 217th overall
  • 6th Round, 219th overall
  • 7th Round, 246th overall

We hit on all cylinders with Wicks, Kraft, Musgrave, Reed, Van Ness, Wooden, Brooks, Carlson, Johnson and Valentine were all regular contributors. I don’t expect early production of those 10 like that, but absolutely expectations of getting 5 who produce early and regular isn’t unreasonable either.

Sorry back to actual prospect discussions. I really like Safety James Williams and LB Payton Wilson
I think they’d bring a certain physicality from RD3-4, similar to Quay, but from all directions.

My dream pick would be Jonathan Brooks. I’d even wait on him. We have Aaron Jones and once Brooks heals up? we’d be lethal at RB. He’s a multi faceted athlete.

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. A 5th and Two 6ths are still pretty good if it works out that way. Here’s one site predicting our selections after our loss.

• 1st Round, 25th overall
  • 2nd Round, 41st overall:
  • 2nd Round, 57th overall:
  • 3rd Round, 88th overall:
  • 3rd Round, 92nd overall:
  • 4th Round, 125th overall:
  • 5th Round, 135th overall
  • 6th Round, 203rd overall
  • 6th Round, 217th overall
  • 6th Round, 219th overall
  • 7th Round, 246th overall

We hit on all cylinders with Wicks, Kraft, Musgrave, Reed, Van Ness, Wooden, Brooks, Carlson, Johnson and Valentine were all regular contributors. I don’t expect early production of those 10 like that, but absolutely expectations of getting 5 who produce early and regular isn’t unreasonable either.

Sorry back to actual prospect discussions. I really like Safety James Williams and LB Payton Wilson
I think they’d bring a certain physicality from RD3-4, similar to Quay, but from all directions.

My dream pick would be Jonathan Brooks. I’d even wait on him. We have Aaron Jones and once Brooks heals up? we’d be lethal at RB. He’s a multi faceted athlete.
I like Mike Sanrstil of Michigan on Day 3.

I like Edgerin Cooper with the 2nd Round 2 pick,

Safeties I like are Nubin, Kinchens, Bullock and Smith

Tackles if you have to take someone beyond Mims you better be looking for a RT only.

With 2 picks in Round 3 if you can get him Blake Corum looks like the real deal at RB.

Wraith09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have 8 DBs up for free agency so they will need replenishment to some degree. They may need some O line help. AJ Dillon is a free agent. Bama has a couple DBs slated to go in the first round, but they seem a little handsy in coverage. Of course, some NFL DBs are handsy as well. I have no idea what the Packers will do, but they did manage to come up with some surprisingly productive players last year at the wideout and tight end positions. Not first round picks, but higher than they have been drafting receivers, TEs or running backs. I like some of the receivers that may be available when the Pack picks at twenty-five including Keon Coleman, Brian Thomas and Xavier Legette. Keon is athletic, Brian is fast and Xavier is big at 227 lbs. There will probably be a run on O linemen in the first round and the Pack may go that way. I'd like to see the Pack go big on running backs with Trey Benson, Ray Davis and MarShawn Lloyd. I'm also looking at Payton Wilson, Cedric Gray and Edgerrin Cooper at linebacker. Another TE in Erick All from Michigan. Terrion Arnold, Javon Bullard, Kalen King, Tyler Nubin, Max Melton, Tykee Smith, Johnny Dixon, Quinton Newsome, Nathaniel Pritchett and Mike Sainristil at defensive back. Graham Barton, Cooper Beebe, Jackson Powers-Johnson, Kingsley Suamataia, Zak Zinter and Kiran Amegadajie at O-line. Maybe pick up another QB in Jordan Travis, Michael Pratt or Joe Milton.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh...Draft Network I liked the most but PFF is rather decent. However, there isn't a mock engine I like as all of them have some ignorant options...for example PFF you can always get Beebe in the third - NOT happening IMO.
I think some of the mocks allow you to make very unrealistic trades. I was ******** around with one and ended up with 17 picks this year and 6 additional picks for 2025 while managing to not draft any picks out of original rounds. They must think Arizona, Jacksonville, Chicago, and the Chargers have very stupid GM's.

Members online