2024 Draft Prospect Discussions

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is why I kinda sense we could see us draft instead of LT one of the highest end iOL guys Day1 or early Day2 followed by a swing back at a Tackle prospect. Definitely OL is a MASSIVE piece of this teams needs for sure.
I Wouldn't mind this.

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was originally convinced we needed to prioritize an OT in this draft, and it makes sense with the strength of this years class, but with how Walker has been playing, where do you feel OT ranks at this point - obviously this is primarily LT since I think Tom seems to be the answer.
I'm starting to think S, ILB, OG/C are the highest priorities...that being said, we've done so well with drafting IOL in the 4th round I'm not suggesting we need to take one in the 1st...just that we need to definitely target players more at this positions.
A final thought to this, is that MLF or someone on the offensive side mentioned earlier this year that they felt C was Tom's best spot, so even if we did grab another T it would add more competition to the T spot while upgrading the OL at 2 spots...

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was originally convinced we needed to prioritize an OT in this draft, and it makes sense with the strength of this years class, but with how Walker has been playing, where do you feel OT ranks at this point - obviously this is primarily LT since I think Tom seems to be the answer.
I'm starting to think S, ILB, OG/C are the highest priorities...that being said, we've done so well with drafting IOL in the 4th round I'm not suggesting we need to take one in the 1st...just that we need to definitely target players more at this positions.
A final thought to this, is that MLF or someone on the offensive side mentioned earlier this year that they felt C was Tom's best spot, so even if we did grab another T it would add more competition to the T spot while upgrading the OL at 2 spots...
We NEED desperately NEED a Tackle. Zach Tom is an interior linemen, more probably a Center. You need to draft 1 T for sure maybe 2. We also need a depth IOL to clean out the depth issues that are on this OLine. I would agree with you at S and ILB as well

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only iOL I would not be OK with losing is Jenkins. Trade / cut / retire anyone else and I'd be like "next man up."

I’m same. It isn’t end of the world if Myers is used his final contract year as center but would arguably prefer us changing our center and right guard.

But that’s the “beauty” of where we are from a building towards 2024 perspective. If a guy we see as a LT starter is there I’m not looking around him but I’m personally not pegged into a our first OL pick has to be a LT prospect.

There is even a world which Bakh may exist, personally doubt it, but I assume the team might know. Walker has looked very good some games and most importantly against some really good rush units…then he’s looked really bad too tho.

Tom looks easily capable of being your Right Tackle till 2030 or easily could be slid to RG or C even if we wanted.

This OL needs reinforcements and preferrably one if not two new starters next year…which I feel will be a RG and LT most likely…even if there is some shuffling of where….could even draft a new center and lt and we have two new names but four new positions with LT (drafted) LG (Jenkins) C (drafted) RG (Tom) RT (Walker slides over)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
This OL needs reinforcements and preferrably one if not two new starters next year…
I wouldn't mind ditching the zone blocking scheme and go back to a power like what Dallas had 30 years ago. Zone blocking hasn't been able to get the short yardage on a consistent basis. Our best runs are with Jones doing a cut and vertical. How often do we actually succeed on 3&2 on the ground? We always seem to want to pass for the first down / goal.

Reaction score
I’m also of the opinion that Myers should stay 1 more year to complete his Rookie deal. I think an upgrade to replace Runyon is in order. Although I’d try to retain Runyon as a primary backup at RG/LG

I don’t think we HAVE to go OT in Day1. MY answer to need really depends on our draft placing. If we pick Top 6-12 area, there may be an opportunity to hit our OT of the future.

Right now in a perfect world, I ideally address iOL in Free agency + a veteran Safety.
#12 OT
#40 CB
#44 DT
#76 RB
#88 WR
#118 LB
#142 OC
RD6 Rd6
Rd7 Rd7

Or

#12 CB
#40 OT
#44 Safety
#76 DT
#88 RB
#117 WR
#141 LB

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
deally address iOL in Free agency + a veteran Safety
With JA having a tantrum and possibly on the move and with Bakh and Campbell underperforming their cap hits and Jones being a high cap hit and Love looking to be paid, will we have any room to be active in FA for a big $$$ signing? Or are we looking more at Levitt/Owens level signings?

Reaction score
With JA having a tantrum and possibly on the move and with Bakh and Campbell underperforming their cap hits and Jones being a high cap hit and Love looking to be paid, will we have any room to be active in FA for a big $$$ signing? Or are we looking more at Levitt/Owens level signings?
Bak frees up $21.5mil savings in a pre/post departure
Campbell nets us $10.85mil in a post Jun trade/cut according to OvertheCap

If those are correct? Just that frees up $32mil in Cap Savings.

Trading J’aire post June costs us a $8.3mil Roster bonus, however the flip side is it frees up $16mil. Not to mention another team would be highly likely to take his deal, less $8.3mil we pay. I’d expect draft compensation on that one. I’d sit down with Ja and get to the truth and work with him. If he’s inconsolable, take the $16m + 2025 draft pick and package him up. Then go draft a Top 15 CB. We were looking for a CB when we found him and we can be looking again.

Although on Alexander. I truly don’t feel it’s that bad. Once we have a new D coordinator and coaches I think his tune might change. He’s actually a good kid. He’s just frustrated like us and I can’t hardly blame him. It’s time for Matt to find an upgrade at DC. Winning fixes everything and i truly believe J’aire just wants to Win. He’s crying out for help with his actions and if I’m his Coach, I’d sit down with him and get his renewed commitment and get him back where he’s best. Playing ball For the GBP.

Cutting/Trading #33 reduces our Cap by $11.453mil. He’s $5.7mil dead to walk away. #33 is a consummate Packer pro. He’s worked with us at every opportunity and I’d be fair to him. I’d restructure him 1 more time he’s still a dominant player. We can’t pay a RB $17mil. It’s Not happening nor do I think he’s expecting that.
Restructure at 2X$20 with a slightly higher 50% guar and move $signing bonus $ to spread $2mil of that 50% onto the ‘2025 ledger. That’s $10m annual with a smidge better guaranteed. That’s what MVS got and #33 > MVS and not even close

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you do a Jaire trade post June you get zero return unless it is a player until 2025

Reaction score
If you do a Jaire trade post June you get zero return unless it is a player until 2025
Of course.

It doesn’t matter. I don’t think he’s going anywhere. As noted by the very last thing out of Matt’s mouth. He said he expected Ja to come back in week 18 fully invested like he always is. Not in those words but
that’s what I got.

We don’t need to be the GB send everyone Packing. We need to retain our best guys and work through adversity. God willing
Tyni imo we are not that far away from righting this ship IF we can find a DC who is great at putting players at strengths. We’ve done a miserable job of this

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only iOL I would not be OK with losing is Jenkins. Trade / cut / retire anyone else and I'd be like "next man up."
Myers and Newman are the obvious problems. I think with a better quality center Runyan and or Rhyan can be at least serviceable.

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First mock of the new year following that great win over the viks.

So after considering everyone's feedback, and I've been slowing doing more film study on various prospects...
Assuming Bahk gone, Ja stays.

19. Amarius Mims (OT)
40. Tyler Nubin (S)
52. T'Vondre Sweat (DL)
83. Edgerrin Cooper (ILB)
88. Braelon Allen (RB)
120. Erick All (TE)
134. Kiran Amegadjie (OT)

I'm trying not to project any major falls here and keeping players around where I'm seeing them projected.

To play with a completely different scenario:

19. Jared Verse (EDGE) - this is assuming we cut ties with P. Smith
40. Denzel Burke (CB)
52. Patrick Paul (OT)
83. Cooper Beebe (iOL) - possibly a small slip assumption here. Showing late 2nd round...
88. Edgerrin Cooper (ILB)
120. Beau Brade (S)
134. Trey Benson (RB)

Anyways, some new names I threw out there to talk about...Happy new year all. Cheers.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First mock of the new year following that great win over the viks.

So after considering everyone's feedback, and I've been slowing doing more film study on various prospects...
Assuming Bahk gone, Ja stays.

19. Amarius Mims (OT)
40. Tyler Nubin (S)
52. T'Vondre Sweat (DL)
83. Edgerrin Cooper (ILB)
88. Braelon Allen (RB)
120. Erick All (TE)
134. Kiran Amegadjie (OT)

I'm trying not to project any major falls here and keeping players around where I'm seeing them projected.

To play with a completely different scenario:

19. Jared Verse (EDGE) - this is assuming we cut ties with P. Smith
40. Denzel Burke (CB)
52. Patrick Paul (OT)
83. Cooper Beebe (iOL) - possibly a small slip assumption here. Showing late 2nd round...
88. Edgerrin Cooper (ILB)
120. Beau Brade (S)
134. Trey Benson (RB)

Anyways, some new names I threw out there to talk about...Happy new year all. Cheers.

Outside of the TE not a prospect I dislike strongly but that second scenario to me is littered with guys that have to drop a lot. I think Benson could be first RB off board or surely gone Day2. Cooper Beebe is a PURE guard and a starter for anyone, I am slightly higher than some but I think he is more likely to make it to the first round than the third.

I’ll slide back some on my first statement, I’m not a Burke fan like many and he actually is out of my personal top 75 and has a third round grade. But many like him more.

If Verse is there when we pick we would be morons to not grab him, he and Latu and maybe Turner are edges that you cannot pass that late in the first ever

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside of the TE not a prospect I dislike strongly but that second scenario to me is littered with guys that have to drop a lot. I think Benson could be first RB off board or surely gone Day2.

What about Erick All do you not like? Injury history? He looked pretty solid on film to me.

I also thought that about Benson, but I saw him ranked at 174 on someones big board, which I did think was interesting, so I threw him in the middle if there is a slide at RB's this year.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize he went from a starter as a rookie to last on the depth chart at Guard right?
lol I think it’s hilarious you present as if Newman who doesn’t play is a present issue, I point out it cannot be as he doesn’t play and I’m the one unaware of something…carry on Flair, enjoy your new year

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really starting to like the idea of Blake Corrum as our Aaron Jones successor. Obviously depends on where we get him, but I've loved watching him for a few years now. His running style definitely reminds me of Jones as well.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t take this wrong but disagree, I LOVE Corum and would support him being a Packer but I don’t see a diverse running back naturally, BUT his heart is insane.

I like him and Bucky Irving about the same and gotta give Irving the edge given his massively diverse offering out of backfield, split out and such. FTR to me both are worthy of third round picks

Trey Benson is my #1 RB