2023 Salary cap riddle

D

Deleted member 6794

Disagree quite strongly. His drafts and FA addition hits have illustrated at worst he is an above average GM...none of those items change due to #12.

That's fine but ultimately Gutekunst will be evaluated on how the Packers fare without a HOF quarterback. Especially after he traded up in the first round to select Love and ended up being the one running Rodgers out of town.

I think Gute has shown a better than average propensity all things considered. FA acquisitions and letting some go. Moving around the draft board, and has picked some really good players. Made mostly good use of salary cap despite being in some pretty tough positions.

he's also had some stinkers, like all of them do.

I think going forward is going to say more about our coaching staff than the GM himself. I think MLF might be a great offensive mind, but i'm not convinced he has the stones to be a great head coach. and unlike Capers who I thought was a really good defensive coach given some really crappy situations to coach big games in, our current guys do less with more than almost anyone it seems.

Gutekunst is responsible for hiring the coaching staff as well. If they don't get the job done it's his job to find a proper replacement.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's fine but ultimately Gutekunst will be evaluated on how the Packers fare without a HOF quarterback. Especially after he traded up in the first round to select Love and ended up being the one running Rodgers out of town.

Gutekunst is responsible for hiring the coaching staff as well. If they don't get the job done it's his job to find a proper replacement.
If one can say Gute is the one who ran Rodgers out of town one can certainly say that it was Ted Thompson who ran Favre out of town. It is a business.

D

Deleted member 6794

If one can say Gute is the one who ran Rodgers out of town one can certainly say that it was Ted Thompson who ran Favre out of town. It is a business.

Correct, but it's the truth that those two were the ones in charge when Favre and Rodgers were traded.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Correct on it being a business, too many people forget that and want to view it as a family or some kind of club.

Nobody ran Rodgers or Favre out of town. Just like any other player that is cut, traded or walks away in free agency, circumstances dictated moving on. Why do teams or players move on? Usually due to lots of variables, such as money, play on the field, play off the field, better opportunities.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct on it being a business, too many people forget that and want to view it as a family or some kind of club.

Nobody ran Rodgers or Favre out of town. Just like any other player that is cut, traded or walks away in free agency, circumstances dictated moving on. Why do teams or players move on? Usually due to lots of variables, such as money, play on the field, play off the field, better opportunities.
Running out of town is a common metaphor. In the business world company executives just say, " We decided to part ways. " Happens every day.

Members online

Latest posts