2022 Draft Players To Watch Discussion Thread

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skyy Moore, Alec Pierce, Wan'Dale Robinson, and Christian Watkins are my players to watch for WR. Robinson was poorly used in Nebraska, glad to see him go somewhere where his skill set was well utilized.

What's everyone's thought on Jameson Williams? I think he's a talented player but he gives such poor effort on the field.

Will check out the RB and ILBs prospects soon.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a top 10 Edge guy Amare Barno should be in the discussion as a potential counter-part to Gary. He's 6'-5", 246 lbs., & over the last two seasons had 78 tackles, 10 sacks, 3 passes defended.
Amazingly, his official 4.36 40 time at the combine was faster than ALL but 6 WR's in the '22 draft. Don't want Gute using our #28 pick on him, but should GB have a pick in the 40's (via trade) wouldn't mind seeing him a Packer.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mid/Late Day 3 Offensive Tackle target for everyone!

Offensive Tackle Austin Deculus out of LSU 6'5' 321lbs

First let's talk about the ROCK this guy was for LSU, even in the Natty season. He is a four year starter and will leave LSU with the record for the most starts by one player in LSU history (seriously?!). It's a bit strange that when you hear folks talk about him the knock on him is he just isn't overly anything special athlete wise...which is odd because someone many ignore when talking about Tackle prospects shouldn't be an 8.14 RAS type guy. His arm length is perfect at over 34 (34.375) solid frame (not lean but not fat either, carries it well). He scooted in the forty at 5.08 for an OL and his 10 yard split was just shy of elite grading by RAS. Respectible vertical and excellent broad also. All Austin has done is find ways to win both at his role and for his team - and this guy given the program he is from is not going up against easy fronts; having to deliver every single week in his time at LSU. Some predict he may slide inside due to his lack of athleticism and while possible I think he showcases well to argue he might serve a team better at RT. Either way I love a lot of what Austin Deculus brings to the table and come Day 3 I want to hear his name called.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an end of the 7th and priority UDFA I tend to love his upside:

Ralfs Rusins DT out of Liberty

This 6'5' (some say 6'6') 311lb DL hails from Latvia and put up three solid years starting for Liberty and doing well against competition higher at the Hula Bowl. Some debate if with his athleticism, frame and arm length of over 34inches could a flip to guard be the best payout for him at the NFL level. Either way, he is a project that intrigues the crap out of me!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a possible first round caliber guy Green Bay could use. Kenyon Green iOL from Texas A&M

This guy to me has Elgton Jenkins 2.0 type written all over him, just a touch shorter in height BUT has the arm length of 34.125 inches and while his RAS breaks stride with normal tendency - I gotta let his film dictate my opinion of him. 35 starts in his time at college level, coming at every position except Center, he has been a consistent force for the Aggies. In a perfect world I think 1st round may be hair rich for him, but if we trade back out of the 28th pick into the first dozen or so 2nd round picks this is a guy that is very targetable!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow!! 1st round hopeful OLB/Edge David Ojabo tore his Achilles at his pro day, yesterday. Approx. a 9-10 month recovery so his '22 is basically a red-shirt year. Guessing he slides into day 2 and loses $millions. :(

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow!! 1st round hopeful OLB/Edge David Ojabo tore his Achilles at his pro day, yesterday. Approx. a 9-10 month recovery so his '22 is basically a red-shirt year. Guessing he slides into day 2 and loses $millions. :(

If Gute sets and picks four in first 60, Ojabo late second could be a massive haul for the future. Not sure I’d do it as I struggle picking guys currently injured.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Gute sets and picks four in first 60, Ojabo late second could be a massive haul for the future. Not sure I’d do it as I struggle picking guys currently injured.
I was thinking the same thing regarding late 2nd round on him. Achilles injuries generally don't damage a player long-term as ACL does, and GB isn't desperate for immediate starter help at OLB. We have Preston & Gary for the next 2 years, minimum, so OLB is a position that can handle a red-shirt stud.

Can't afford to do that at WR (J Williams or J Metchie).

Reaction score
In a normal year I’d be ok with getting a deal on an injured player. Right now every draft point counts and I would stay laser focused on prospects that should be early contributors.
That said I hate it when anyone gets injured, that’s a tough deal (on our radar or not).
Mid/Late Day 3 Offensive Tackle target for everyone!

Offensive Tackle Austin Deculus out of LSU 6'5' 321lbs

First let's talk about the ROCK this guy was for LSU, even in the Natty season. He is a four year starter and will leave LSU with the record for the most starts by one player in LSU history (seriously?!). It's a bit strange that when you hear folks talk about him the knock on him is he just isn't overly anything special athlete wise...which is odd because someone many ignore when talking about Tackle prospects shouldn't be an 8.14 RAS type guy. His arm length is perfect at over 34 (34.375) solid frame (not lean but not fat either, carries it well). He scooted in the forty at 5.08 for an OL and his 10 yard split was just shy of elite grading by RAS. Respectible vertical and excellent broad also. All Austin has done is find ways to win both at his role and for his team - and this guy given the program he is from is not going up against easy fronts; having to deliver every single week in his time at LSU. Some predict he may slide inside due to his lack of athleticism and while possible I think he showcases well to argue he might serve a team better at RT. Either way I love a lot of what Austin Deculus brings to the table and come Day 3 I want to hear his name called.

Great idea. He’s got a nasty streak in the run block game. He’s got a “Gilbert Gravedigger” feel about him. Not so much a physical match, but more attitude and raw power off the snap. Even if he slid in to RG he’d be formidable early on in the Running attack. Some of those poor LB’s got humiliated! :roflmao:

Reaction score
Speaking of Gravedigger. Jordan Davis is a block eating monster. He gets double teamed and still lunges for a tackle at LOS. He has some concerns on regulating his stunts and his get off. Effort is also a minor concern, but if he somehow gets near #28, I’d have him on radar

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do not draft him.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a Cornerback I think folks need to keep an eye on his status in Day 3 and be able to smile should you hear Gute nabs him either Day 3 or immediately upon closing of the draft as an UDFA.

Christian Benford CB 6'0' 208lbs Villanova

This cat led the FCS with 23 passes defended and 16 pass breakups - throwing in an additional 7 interceptions in his time. (don't depend on ESPN stats for him FCS tracking sucks by them).

If you look up his film (TOUGH to find) it is solid for sure, he also played in the Hula Bowl (lowest of the three known bowls for prospects) which you can find tidbits from as well.

When I look at the smaller school guys I have to see measurables check boxes of potential being there plus the production levels of course.

Benford does that - this young man has a frame ready to rock and his strength was there at 17 bench reps (one of the highest in the class) and while his top end speed wasn't anything special (4.53) folks check out his 10 yard split (1.51) - that is ELITE through the first ten yards. This explosive burst if harnessed into mirrors and reads is where special plays happen and make me believe Benford could be an ideal slot WR type coverage corner at the next level.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a top 10 Edge guy Amare Barno should be in the discussion as a potential counter-part to Gary. He's 6'-5", 246 lbs., & over the last two seasons had 78 tackles, 10 sacks, 3 passes defended.
Amazingly, his official 4.36 40 time at the combine was faster than ALL but 6 WR's in the '22 draft. Don't want Gute using our #28 pick on him, but should GB have a pick in the 40's (via trade) wouldn't mind seeing him a Packer.

I do not believe Barno touches as high as you are on him. Top 10 EDGES...just throwing out many of the concensus main guys...curious where you rank him:

Aidan Hutchinson
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Travon Walker
Jermaine Johnson
David Ojabo *wildcard now with injury
George Karlaftis
Cameron Thomas
Boye Mafe
Logan Hall
Arnold Ebiketie
Kingsley Enagbare
Drake Jackson
Josh Paschal
Tyreke Smith
Nik Bonitto
Sam Williams
Isaiah Thomas
DeAngelo Malone
Myjai Sanders
Jeffrey Gunter
Cade Hall
Alex Wright
Ali Fayad

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not believe Barno touches as high as you are on him. Top 10 EDGES...just throwing out many of the concensus main guys...curious where you rank him:

Aidan Hutchinson
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Travon Walker
Jermaine Johnson
George Karlaftis
Cameron Thomas
Boye Mafe
Logan Hall
Arnold Ebiketie
Kingsley Enagbare
Drake Jackson
Josh Paschal
Tyreke Smith
Nik Bonitto
Sam Williams
Isaiah Thomas
DeAngelo Malone
Myjai Sanders
Jeffrey Gunter
Cade Hall
Alex Wright
Ali Fayad
From things I've read post-combine I (mistakenly?) had him in the Mafe/Hall range with a chance to go a little higher. I would be elated to get any of the guys (including Barno) in the Thomas-Bonitto range (with Ojabo in the late 2nd area knowing '22 is a redshirt year).

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From things I've read post-combine I (mistakenly?) had him in the Mafe/Hall range with a chance to go a little higher. I would be elated to get any of the guys (including Barno) in the Thomas-Bonitto range (with Ojabo in the late 2nd area knowing '22 is a redshirt year).

Wow, you do really like him. I think he has a massively high ceiling, unknown floor - those guys are ones I shy from till Day 3 but are the ones you may regret not taking a swing earlier on for sure.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I despise picking injured skill people...but I'll be honest I've grown on the idea of John Metchie should he be there in the second round with our second pick. I do not want Metchie to be our first WR selected, however if Gute double dips with two of our first four picks - Metchie is a guy that produced BIG time two years at Alabama, has elite level speed and appears to be a solid route runner from tape I've seen. Complimenting a London or Burks or Watson (bigger style) with Metchie I like.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I despise picking injured skill people...but I'll be honest I've grown on the idea of John Metchie should he be there in the second round with our second pick. I do not want Metchie to be our first WR selected, however if Gute double dips with two of our first four picks - Metchie is a guy that produced BIG time two years at Alabama, has elite level speed and appears to be a solid route runner from tape I've seen. Complimenting a London or Burks or Watson (bigger style) with Metchie I like.
I feel that way about picking injured people as well. Now some heal and still have a decent career. Not sure why. I keep thinking of that Justin Harrell we drafted back in the 1st Round of 2007. He had a torn bicep back at Tennessee. And it only got worse when he came to us.

Reaction score

Aidan Hutchinson
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Travon Walker
Jermaine Johnson
George Karlaftis
Cameron Thomas
Boye Mafe
Logan Hall
Arnold Ebiketie
Kingsley Enagbare
Drake Jackson
Josh Paschal
Tyreke Smith
Nik Bonitto
Sam Williams
Isaiah Thomas
DeAngelo Malone
Myjai Sanders
Jeffrey Gunter
Cade Hall
Alex Wright
Ali Fayad
Do you think there’s a chance we could get Karlaftis? He’s intriguing but I see him mocking all over the place (all mostly day 1)

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think there’s a chance we could get Karlaftis? He’s intriguing but I see him mocking all over the place (all mostly day 1)
A lot of the mocks are whacked, even by "the experts". I've seen injured guys Jameson Williams & David Ojabo STILL going in the 1st round, and QB's Willis & Pickett sliding back into the 20's. I'd love for this to happen as it pushes guys like Olave, Burks, Karlaftis, Jordan Davis, DeMarvin Leal, & others back into the 20's and/or allows for potential QB-hunting trade-ups to happen @ 28. I think Gute will have his pick of a stud WR, DT, OLB, OT or CB at 22 and then a couple of those studs will even fall to 28 to choose from.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought zero chance at 28, 22 there is a real outside chance Gute could be faced with him being available. If I'm Gute I don't want to be faced with one of "My guys (WR)" there and also Karlaftis. I would honestly probably be unable to not pick Karlaftis, I do believe he has an NFL floor of like an 8 out of 10 type dude. He may never make a Pro Bowl, but I predict a long SOLID career with possibility of being that Pro Bowl caliber player.

Reaction score
I thought zero chance at 28, 22 there is a real outside chance Gute could be faced with him being available. If I'm Gute I don't want to be faced with one of "My guys (WR)" there and also Karlaftis. I would honestly probably be unable to not pick Karlaftis, I do believe he has an NFL floor of like an 8 out of 10 type dude. He may never make a Pro Bowl, but I predict a long SOLID career with possibility of being that Pro Bowl caliber player.
Gotcha. So maybe lock your WR at #22, but then use #28 in some capacity through a slight trade up for Karlaftis?

This obviously speculative, but I’d be excited anywhere in that late Day 1 area (22-32) I could also see him gone in the
11-20 range. He plays the run pretty stout also. Very perceptive guy with great instincts and near-elite hands.

A compromise might be to take lock our WR first at #22 (Burks/Olave etc) and get that behind us. Then trade up slightly using #28 in some capacity (similar to the move to get Love)

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotcha. So maybe lock your WR at #22, but then use #28 in some capacity through a slight trade up for Karlaftis?

This obviously speculative, but I’d be excited anywhere in that late Day 1 area (22-32) I could also see him gone in the
11-20 range. He plays the run pretty stout also. Very perceptive guy with great instincts and near-elite hands.

A compromise might be to take lock our WR first at #22 and get that behind us. Then trade up a few selections using #28 (thinking 24-26 range)
One could….the cost to move back up could be very STIFF. In a perfect world or well risky and heft price world you make a move on to one Eagles three picks with our third and 28 being the cost…maybe add in a fourth but get back also a fifth and sixth from them?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kurt Hinish I think I'm circling as a 7th round target along the DL for us to nab.

He is the prototypical "lunch pale to work" and "I'll do the dirty work for others to get glory" type guys and has been since coming to ND. An aggressive strong DL that I think has more to offer than perhaps he was asked to do at ND if honest....his RAS measurables constructed from Pro Day results:

Some will get ticked with me saying this but, looking for that next consistent type DL similar to Lowry - I truly think that is what Hinish could be for a team....he is slightly undersized but technique and strength he makes his friend consistently and his pursuit from back side is VERY GOOD.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wanna list a Safety I really like for Day 3 and that is Markquese Bell from Florida A&M

His college career started bumpy and has had to come a long way to battle back to have himself on the NFL radar. Went to Maryland to start out and was then suspected due to violating student code of conduct.

Yes, he ended up playing his time at FCS HBCU Florida A&M - but folks this dude can ball!

Short highlights of what there is to love:
-Prototypical size you like to see... 6'2' 212lbs with 32 3/8 arms
-Measurables - Dude sports a 9.53 RAS powered by a 4.41 forty (Elite level at all splits), a 36.5 inch vertical and a 10ft+ broad jump.
-Hands - dude can catch the ball when a chance presents itself (producing 5 INTs in 2019)
-Excellent and willing run defense assistance

The reason he isn't a top flight S in the draft is mainly due to discipline. In many games against non-lethal QB running game was the main attack and his eye discipline is truly the one thing Markquese will need to refine to be very successful at the next level. Gets caught eyeing the backfield too much and is at times fleeced by the PA.

Despite all that he is a big play, big framed safety with speed, and those aren't everywhere on the shelf on Day 3 - and he arguably, not pressed to start out the gate, could prove to be the perfect investment for the future in GB.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online