2019 Packer Roster / Practice Squad Changes

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Packers designate Jace Sternberger and Ibrahim Campbell to return from IR.
I'm seeing Sternberger reported but not Campbell. If you are right about Campbell, he's returning off PUP, not IR.

Teams are allowed to bring back two players off IR per season. That means they get one more shot. It could be Greene or St. Brown, depending on if they are physically able, but not both.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It could be Greene or St. Brown, depending on if they are physically able, but not both.

My money is on Greene if he physically is able. I like St. Brown, but we currently have enough inexperienced WR's on the team, another one isn't necessary.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My money is on Greene if he physically is able. I like St. Brown, but we currently have enough inexperienced WR's on the team, another one isn't necessary.
I think St. Brown was put on IR before making the 53, so he can't be brought back at all this year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the NFL transactions wire Campbell started to practice again yesterday but hasn't been activated from the PUP list so far.
that's what I got too, he's started practicing, they have a couple weeks and they have to decide to activate or IR him for the rest of the year. They still have one IR designation to return available to use, but Campbell won't count for that.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheDraftNetwork's Joe Ledyard said:
DAMAREA CROCKETT
RB, Missouri

• CONF SEC
  • JERSEY #16
  • CLASS Junior
  • HT 5'10''
  • WT 225 lbs

PROS: Flashes of elusiveness in the open field that could make a few highlight reels. Has the ability to scoot through creases when they open up. While not a tackle-breaker, shows good fight to fall forward and will occasionally bounce off some bad form tackle attempts. Has agility to slip tacklers. Jump cut is nasty when he uses it. Bouncy feet lead him to creases up front. Steps up in pass protection, squaring up and locking down all comers through the first three game tapes I’ve studied.

CONS: Completely unproven as a receiver, just nine career catches. Major fumble concerns, currently has fumbled once every 40 touches in his Missouri. Spindly frame, more of a herky-jerky mover than an explosive one. Not a tackle-breaker, easily brought down by first contact. Disappointing number of lower arm tackles bring him down. Upright runner who exposes a lot of surface area for hits.

Internal clock behind the line of scrimmage needs to tick faster. Doesn’t run outside zone fast enough, could be a processing issue. Vision is inconsistent. Too indecisive as a runner, allows penetration to catch up with him in the backfield. Lacks breakaway speed, and takes a few strides to get to his top speed. Athleticism is going to be a major question mark, although he tested well out of high school.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Take your pick...GMo, Kumerow, Lazard, MvS.

Including GMO or Kumerow in any kind of deal for AJ Green is like throwing in a pair of Fuzzy dice with a Cadillac purchase, its not going to effect the deal that much IMO. Teams trading away player assets, don't want other teams trash, they want shiny new draft picks.

I also don't really want to see the Packers give up much in a deal that basically is a one year rental. Unless they can get said player for a draft pick that will be equal to or close to the compensatory pick they eventually get when the player walks at the end of the year.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Including GMO or Kumerow in any kind of deal for AJ Green is like throwing in a pair of Fuzzy dice with a Cadillac purchase, its not going to effect the deal that much IMO. Teams trading away player assets, don't want other teams trash, they want shiny new draft picks.
Agreed. That's why I said "sweeten". Ideally they'd expect a 1st round pick in return, but considering his injury and that MVS is really our choice (rather than trash) for #2 we can swing a second round plus sweetener deal.

Anyways if it sounds too optimistic blame the beer.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

To me this needed to happen before the Chiefs game but better late than never.

Would've been nice for Smith to get some revenge on his old team too.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Finally, Shepherd released.

When he let that punt land on the 15YL and be downed at 2YL on KC's last punt that was way beyond the last straw for me. No excuse for not getting that fair catch in such a key situation when he's standing at the 10YL and only had to come forward 5 yards for it...not like it was kicked to the sideline either.

I wonder if they'll even bother with Shepherd on the PS. They already have two WR's on the PS in Hatcher and Taylor, and they are both the more physical type WR's the Packers seem to like.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll even bother with Shepherd on the PS. They already have two WR's on the PS in Hatcher and Taylor, and they are both the more physical type WR's the Packers seem to like.

After looking at our roster and PS, I fully agree with your thought in the other thread (Fire Shawn M.). With Hatcher and Taylor already on the PS, if the Packers like them more than Shepherd, no reason to put DS, a 3rd WR, on the PS. Right now the Packers should be looking for ILB's to strengthen the team, so as you said, would prefer seeing them find one of those.

Scotland Yard

Reaction score
After looking at our roster and PS, I fully agree with your thought in the other thread (Fire Shawn M.). With Hatcher and Taylor already on the PS, if the Packers like them more than Shepherd, no reason to put DS, a 3rd WR, on the PS. Right now the Packers should be looking for ILB's to strengthen the team, so as you said, would prefer seeing them find one of those.

Ramsey is on the PS, but, I believe he played OLB/EDGE at ARK? Don't know if they have been cross-training him at ILB. Ramsey is a special teams phenom, so, I'm wondering if they will bring him up to the 53 at some point to shore up the coverage units on punts/kicks.

The Raven Greene injury is really hurting them now at ILB. Does anyone have info regarding his injury status and if he could be designated to return to the 53? Or is he done for the year?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have 1 IR to return slot left. But have heard nothing about Greene since he was injured. Not a thing.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Raven Greene injury is really hurting them now at ILB. Does anyone have info regarding his injury status and if he could be designated to return to the 53? Or is he done for the year?

I posted something on this earlier. I can't find any updated information on his status. Last I read was that he probably would need surgery and if so, that would end his season. However, I can't find if he did or didn't have the surgery.

The Packers used one of their 2 IR returns on Sternberger. My guess is if they use the 2nd, it will be on Greene or Lane Taylor, if either of them can play again. I suppose they could hold 1, just in case someone is injured in the next 3-4 weeks that could potentially return for the playoffs and the Packers obvious trip to the Super Bowl :coffee::whistling:.

Scotland Yard

Reaction score
Thanks Packerbrat2000. Was wondering about Greene, but, as you wrote info is scarce.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our last hope of getting an adequate ILB ended at the trade deadline. Our ILBs of the future are in the 2020 Draft Class(my first mock is this weekend!!!!:geek::geek::geek::geek:)

Ramsey is on the PS, but, I believe he played OLB/EDGE at ARK? Don't know if they have been cross-training him at ILB. Ramsey is a special teams phenom, so, I'm wondering if they will bring him up to the 53 at some point to shore up the coverage units on punts/kicks.

Ramsey actually played DE his senior year at Arkansas, but he did bounce around at LB prior to. He even played CB and S in high school. But at 236lbs his pro recommendation was to move to OLB.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Shepherd's release does beg the question as to who will return punts.

Tremon Smith has not returned an NFL punt. At Central Arkansas he returned 25 for 224 yds. with 1 TD. That ain't the NFL. Maybe the ol' standby Tramon Williams again. It's not a job for a 35-36 year old but that didn't stop them from putting him back there last season. Alexander perhaps?

Williams is probably the the best punt returner on this team which shouldn't be the case.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thanks Packerbrat2000. Was wondering about Greene, but, as you wrote info is scarce.

Nothing against Raven, but if this was Aaron Rodgers, Davante and probably at least 10 other Packer players, we would have seen more information and have an idea if he is coming back. The information is out there, just probably slipped through the cracks of "uninteresting news" to the media.

Our last hope of getting an adequate ILB ended at the trade deadline. Our ILBs of the future are in the 2020 Draft Class(my first mock is this weekend!!!!:geek::geek::geek::geek:)

I actually would prefer if there is a decent FA ILB they go that route. Not a fan of heading into the draft with such a glaring need, especially if Martinez isn't resigned.

Members online

Latest posts