2019 Packer Roster / Practice Squad Changes

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers bring Evan Baylis up fron the PS with Graham battling injury. Guess we'll be looking for a new addition soon. I'm having a hard time keeping up with all these moves; it seems like we're over 53, maybe I'm wrong?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy could be worth about a 5th Rounder, and that would give us a whopping....10 selections? That's 7 selections Day 3. Will we even recognize the back end of this team 2020?

Baylis is also switching his number from 49 to 88. I kinda liked 49.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy has been hurt, it's nothing new. It just means now he is too hurt to play. I just wonder if what could be perceived as another 2018 year starts to give Gute pause.

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy is banged up, and nobody will trade for him with that contract. Hoping to see Tonyan play well and take the starting spot from jimmy and not look back. Jimmy looks like he’s running in sand when he’s out there.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers bring Evan Baylis up fron the PS with Graham battling injury. Guess we'll be looking for a new addition soon. I'm having a hard time keeping up with all these moves; it seems like we're over 53, maybe I'm wrong?

We are now at 53 with Baylis. The Packers put Greene on IR, signed CB Tremon Smith and traded Davis away. 2 out....2 in. But I do believe there may now be a spot on the PS, unless they didn't make a corresponding move when they signed G Ben Braden to the PS and Baylis is that move.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder who gets the start? I'm assuming Lewis, but a good practice and you never know. Baylis is physcially bigger than Tonyan and has more experience around the League, he could be utilized early.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't want to start a new thread because I don't think it's particularly noteworthy for the moment....but why are certain analysts advocating for a trade for Corey Davis? I wasn't super high on him coming out of Western Michigan and while I understand he has Mariota throwing to him I just can't say I'd give up a 2nd or 3rd Round pick for him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I didn't want to start a new thread because I don't think it's particularly noteworthy for the moment....but why are certain analysts advocating for a trade for Corey Davis? I wasn't super high on him coming out of Western Michigan and while I understand he has Mariota throwing to him I just can't say I'd give up a 2nd or 3rd Round pick for him.

I haven't seen anything about that, but I think people are starting to talk about the Packers potentially needing to amp up their WR group, so a lot of names are being thrown around. I think Davis worked well with Packers QB coach Luke Getsy, when Getsy was the WR coach at WM. So that might be the common tie, but Getsy is now the Packers QB coach.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their connection was more that Davis played in MLF's offense so a much easier adjustment in-season. Granted I would hope that his offense for us isn't an exact carbon copy of Tennessee's.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OLB Tim Williams (2017 Ravens 3rd Rd) now a Packer, Evan Bayliss got paid for a week and is out.

If, after getting a good look, the Packers don't see a future for Williams could consider waiving & picking up TE Jerell Adams.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OLB Tim Williams (2017 Ravens 3rd Rd) now a Packer, Evan Bayliss got paid for a week and is out.

If, after getting a good look, the Packers don't see a future for Williams could consider waiving & picking up TE Jerell Adams.

Awesome! Can he play ILB, WR and RT? :coffee: :cool:

Reaction score
Awesome! Can he play ILB, WR and RT? :coffee: :cool:
I know right.
I’ve got a sneaking suspicion Gutey has something up his sleeve. I think our biggest weakness now is a ILB who can stop the bleeding in the middle.. I’m not sure Oren Toren Pectorals Burks is our answer. I like the idea of bringing him back slowly and methodically where he’s getting more involved the seasons 3rd-4th quarter. That injury doesn’t give me warm fuzzies as someone you want shooting gaps and getting throttled just yet.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I know right.
I’ve got a sneaking suspicion Gutey has something up his sleeve. I think our biggest weakness now is a ILB who can stop the bleeding in the middle.. I’m not sure Oren Toren Pectorals Burks is our answer. I like the idea of bringing him back slowly and methodically where he’s getting more involved the seasons 3rd-4th quarter. That injury doesn’t give me warm fuzzies as someone you want shooting gaps and getting throttled just yet.
Fackeral is hurt. Possible answer.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sad to see Baylis go, but these are those hard moves we have to make during the season. I was really huge on Tim Williams coming out of Bama; I'm curious how he didn't stick to the Ravens. Maybe a change of scenery could turn him into a gem. I'm curious if Pettine might give him some reps at ILB as well as OLB.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sad to see Baylis go, but these are those hard moves we have to make during the season. I was really huge on Tim Williams coming out of Bama; I'm curious how he didn't stick to the Ravens. Maybe a change of scenery could turn him into a gem. I'm curious if Pettine might give him some reps at ILB as well as OLB.

Change of scenery may do him well, I agree. I bet Zadarius had some input here. He himself was a relatively late bloomer. Any of these high pedigree guys I think are worthy of a second look-see. Being around the Smiths may push his development.

Reaction score
I was really huge on Tim Williams coming out of Bama; I'm curious how he didn't stick to the Ravens. Maybe a change of scenery could turn him into a gem.
I couldn’t help but initially think that ZaDarius was an internal advocate of this move and even possibly one component of the decision.

Edit. I swear I was writing that before you posted GreennGold!