2019 Packer Roster / Practice Squad Changes

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
They might have to name a Mountain Range after this guy, I didn't realize just how big he is!

6′ 8″
Weight: 322 lbs

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm assuming Nijman goes back to the PS.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Would be a windfall day on the roster for Nijman... raise from $8k/week to almost $31k/week for the next 3 weeks. Doubt he'll be super bummed about getting sent back down. ;)

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Newhouse is also playing for the best HC/GM of all time. I'm just going to assume he knows what he's doing.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

2 things would have to happen. He has to clear waivers and he doesn't agree to sign with another team to be on their PS.

D

Deleted member 6794

Vikings waived Josh Doctson. While not a blazer he's a large target at 6'4. Whatever happened to Ryan Grant? If Grant can't see the field I'd kick the tires on Doctson. At the very least pick his brain for the Vikings game.

The Packers don't need Doctson to prepare for the Vikings game. I don't consider him to be an upgrade over Grant who has been inactive for every single game since being signed.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't really know where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know most likely he'll probably be a HC again real soon. But I'd love if Rob Rivera was even just a position coach here. I'm pretty sure Pettine won't get fired but if there was a guy who I felt was definitely an upgrade at DC it would be Rivera.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I know most likely he'll probably be a HC again real soon. But I'd love if Rob Rivera was even just a position coach here. I'm pretty sure Pettine won't get fired but if there was a guy who I felt was definitely an upgrade at DC it would be Rivera.

Think you meant Ron, but yeah, there will definitely be some interest in him this off season.

It will be interesting to see if the Packers retain Pettine, I think that they do. However, if they don't, Rivera would be high on the list of options to pursue at DC.

D

Deleted member 6794

Think you meant Ron, but yeah, there will definitely be some interest in him this off season.

It will be interesting to see if the Packers retain Pettine, I think that they do. However, if they don't, Rivera would be high on the list of options to pursue at DC.

As I mentioned in another thread I fully expect Rivera to be solely interested in another head coaching job though.

Reaction score
Oh I agree, and it'll probably be the Cowboys....
It’ll be interesting to see what the Cowboys do going forward. I see Rivera or McCarthy butting heads with Jerry. But on the other hand, Jerry pockets are deep and enough $$$ makes instruction a whole lot more palatable. :whistling:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see what the Cowboys do going forward. I see Rivera or McCarthy butting heads with Jerry. But on the other hand, Jerry pockets are deep and enough $$$ makes instruction a whole lot more palatable. :whistling:

I wouldn't want to be the next coach in Dallas. As long as Jerry is around, that organization isn't going anywhere. They remind me of the Cleveland Browns, a lot of talent on the roster, but can't figure out how to consistently win. I expect Freddie Kitchens to be gone at the end of the year. His "joke" of wearing the "Pittsburgh started it" T-shirt will give Dorsey the ammo to say "Freddie just isn't the professional coach that we want in Cleveland".

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Gettleman being the Giants general manager I expect him to be offered the job in New York.

I honestly think that will be a more desirable job than the Cowboys if Shurmur gets fired. I feel like that team is going to make a big jump in 2020. Mix of young talent and draft picks.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to be the next coach in Dallas. As long as Jerry is around, that organization isn't going anywhere. They remind me of the Cleveland Browns, a lot of talent on the roster, but can't figure out how to consistently win. I expect Freddie Kitchens to be gone at the end of the year. His "joke" of wearing the "Pittsburgh started it" T-shirt will give Dorsey the ammo to say "Freddie just isn't the professional coach that we want in Cleveland".
I would think so, but then Dorsey has kind of shown he doesn't give a **** about the character of the people around the team. So I wonder.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Here's a minor factoid. James Looney (practice squad) is converting to TE.

Demovsky flagged this development:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/gb/green-bay-packers

He's even listed now as a TE on the packers.com roster:

https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/

Somewhere along the line his number changed from 99 ro 49.

That is ONE big TE, He must have slimmed down or is going to be used mainly as a blocking TE? Listed as 6'3" #287

He did run a 4.89 40 at the combine, so not bad for a man of his size. For comparison, Sternberger ran a 4.75

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He must be a hell of an athlete for them to contemplate that switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts