2017 Draft Shopping List

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless the Packers do something at the CB and OLB positions via a trade or in free agency, using top picks on WR's would be frivolous towards the greater needs of the team IMO. Granted, I would LOVE to be in the position of being able to use our #1 on a weapon like Ross, or even better, Corey Davis. I just don't see the other positions of need allowing for TT being able to give AR another instant weapon at WR.
If they want a Year 1 impact player at CB, they should go for Lewis or White, though there potential may be limited. Relying solely on the draft to fix the mess at CB just isn't going to cut it, though, and I'd be disgusted to see them use yet another 1st rounder on a defensive lineman/OLB.

To be honest, it's tough to get excited about the draft because we're always at the end of each round, yet there are glaring needs in as many positions as the teams picking in the middle of the round. The defense has become a black hole of first round picks and it never improves. I trust a talent like Ross at the mercy of Aaron Rodgers much more than that of any defensive player at the mercy of Capers.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If they want a Year 1 impact player at CB, they should go for Lewis or White, though there potential may be limited. Relying solely on the draft to fix the mess at CB just isn't going to cut it, though, and I'd be disgusted to see them use yet another 1st rounder on a defensive lineman/OLB.

To be honest, it's tough to get excited about the draft because we're always at the end of each round, yet there are glaring needs in as many positions as the teams picking in the middle of the round. The defense has become a black hole of first round picks and it never improves. I trust a talent like Ross at the mercy of Aaron Rodgers much more than that of any defensive player at the mercy of Capers.

totally agree with you, but when you have a GM that isn't very active in free agency, your mindset is that he is going to try to fill needs in the draft. All he has to do is look back at the 2015 draft when he drafted Randall #1 and Rollins #2 to see what most likely will happen if he tries to fill the CB need through the draft picking in the #29 spot.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
totally agree with you, but when you have a GM that isn't very active in free agency, your mindset is that he is going to try to fill needs in the draft. All he has to do is look back at the 2015 draft when he drafted Randall #1 and Rollins #2 to see what most likely will happen if he tries to fill the CB need through the draft picking in the #29 spot.
Yeah, he'll probably get someone like Humphrey who gets burnt every other play.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UCLA CB Fabian Moreau

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"Fluid, twitchy player. Has ideal foot quickness and hip fluidity to mirror and react. Generally sticky in man coverage, often on the hip pocket of the receiver but also has the speed to recover when he is beat. Uses the sideline to his advantage. Scheme versatile CB who can play both off man coverage, press, or any type of zone coverage (played both man and zone at UCLA). Never really caught out of position, generally disciplined with his assignment and is a willing tackler"

That is ideally what type of CB we need, and he's got some speed too, a 4.37? Damn

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/fabian-moreau-vs-virginia-2015/

I even like how he lines up. Gets low and looks instinctive.

@ 2:30 he causes a pick by being physical with the wr up the sideline, because he didn't get burnt for the over the top pass.

@ 1:08 he gets called for PI, it looks like a pretty weak call. But the kid plays physical with his hands, sometimes you're gonna get called for it. This play showed his speed though. It seems as if he is flat footed as the WR is coming toward him then boom he turns on the jets and stays with him down field.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UCLA CB Fabian Moreau

"Fluid, twitchy player. Has ideal foot quickness and hip fluidity to mirror and react. Generally sticky in man coverage, often on the hip pocket of the receiver but also has the speed to recover when he is beat. Uses the sideline to his advantage. Scheme versatile CB who can play both off man coverage, press, or any type of zone coverage (played both man and zone at UCLA). Never really caught out of position, generally disciplined with his assignment and is a willing tackler"

That is ideally what type of CB we need, and he's got some speed too, a 4.37? Damn

@ 2:30 he causes a pick by being physical with the wr up the sideline, because he didn't get burnt for the over the top pass.

@ 1:08 he gets called for PI, it looks like a pretty weak call. But the kid plays physical with his hands, sometimes you're gonna get called for it. This play showed his speed though. It seems as if he is flat footed as the WR is coming toward him then boom he turns on the jets and stays with him down field.
His physical attributes are exciting, and you can see the athleticism, but I sure hope there is better tape on him than this. He looked out of position quite a few times when his receiver made the catch, and he seems to be a little too handsy.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His physical attributes are exciting, and you can see the athleticism, but I sure hope there is better tape on him than this. He looked out of position quite a few times when his receiver made the catch, and he seems to be a little too handsy.

That's kind of why I like that website and their videos. It shows you the whole game and some mistakes. Most of the highlight tapes on youtube make every player look like a future pro bowler.

I really just like the projection on him and how he can play on an island. More in depth info here https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPa...17_offseason_prospect_discussion_february_11/

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's kind of why I like that website and their videos. It shows you the whole game and some mistakes. Most of the highlight tapes on youtube make every player look like a future pro bowler.

I really just like the projection on him and how he can play on an island. More in depth info here https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPa...17_offseason_prospect_discussion_february_11/
I do take into consideration that this was the 2015 season, and he is transitioning from RB. I always look at their game tapes, but I didn't find any more for him. But what I saw was that of an undrafted FA. He has obviously improved substantially for Mayock to speak highly of him.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tarik Cohen, RB out of NC A&T. Nicknamed "the Human Joystick". He's a bit of a cliche, but he can stop, start, and change directions on a dime. A good change of pace, screen-catching sort of RB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Terrell Suggs, Richard Sherman, Eric Weddle, Clay Matthews, Everson Griffen, Cameron Jordan, Jurrell Casey, Marcus Peters, Brandon Mebane, Leonard Williams, Vontaze Burfict, Brian Cushing, Desmond Trufant, Eric Kendricks, T.J. Ward, Sean Smith, Anthony Barr, Jairus Byrd, Deone Bucannon, Jimmy Smith, Mychal Kendricks, T.J. McDonald, Nick Perry, Star Lotulelei, and Trent Murphy.

All of these current NFL players played in the "no defense conference."

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I all in on Red****. I've posted about him earlier in another thread. He could just do so many different things within Capers scheme. He would be a shot of adrenaline for sure and they could line him up all over. He had a really good senior bowl. If TT pulled the trigger I'd be a happy camper.
I was about to make a post about him. He reminds me of the old Clay Matthews with the way he flies around the field. He could be available, and would likely be the best player who potentially would be at that spot.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Terrell Suggs, Richard Sherman, Eric Weddle, Clay Matthews, Everson Griffen, Cameron Jordan, Jurrell Casey, Marcus Peters, Brandon Mebane, Leonard Williams, Vontaze Burfict, Brian Cushing, Desmond Trufant, Eric Kendricks, T.J. Ward, Sean Smith, Anthony Barr, Jairus Byrd, Deone Bucannon, Jimmy Smith, Mychal Kendricks, T.J. McDonald, Nick Perry, Star Lotulelei, and Trent Murphy.

All of these current NFL players played in the "no defense conference."

I'm not riping the history of the Pac 12 or pac 10 if you wanna go back way back. The trend of "poorly playing defense" overall is a trend of the past 3-4 years with the only real teams playing any consistent D being Washington, Standord and Utah.

Of course you can still find talent there but it wouldnt be the first place I would look.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm not riping the history of the Pac 12 or pac 10 if you wanna go back way back. The trend of "poorly playing defense" overall is a trend of the past 3-4 years with the only real teams playing any consistent D being Washington, Standord and Utah.

Of course you can still find talent there but it wouldnt be the first place I would look.

I don't think it's the best haven of defensive talent in college football, but there is plenty there. I see a lot of people saying we need to stay away from it completely in the draft on that side of the ball. That is so crazy to me. Write off an entire P5 conference?

The funny thing is that the PAC12 has been pretty good to the Packers on the few occasions they've decided to draft defense from that conference.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think it's the best haven of defensive talent in college football, but there is plenty there. I see a lot of people saying we need to stay away from it completely in the draft on that side of the ball. That is so crazy to me. Write off an entire P5 conference?

The funny thing is that the PAC12 has been pretty good to the Packers on the few occasions they've decided to draft defense from that conference.

I agree that it doesn´t make any sense to ignore the talent out of the Pac-12. Thompson has drafted a total of 11 defensive players out of that conference during his tenure with Matthews being by far the best choice among them. In addition Nick Perry, Brad Jones and Desmond Bishop were decent draft choices as well.

With the jury still being out on Clark and Martinez TT might should stay away from Arizona State players though as he hasn´t had a lot of success drafting former Sun Devils (Damarious Randall, Carl Bradford and Lawrence Guy).

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I wouldn't write off any conference and there are some guys I like coming out of pac 12 this year actually but once again i wouldnt be using it as my "mainstay" or even the first place I would look for that matter.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If they keep Cook as the receiving option, then it would be nice to see them dip into this rich TE class in the middle rounds to find someone who can actually block. Rodgers is about as lousy as it gets in that regard. Jeremy Sprinkle, Arkansas, is the guy I have my eye on him. He's a true "Y" TE who would normally probably be a top ~75 pick but he could go later with all of the top end talent at the position this season.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
True, but Guy never played a single down for the Packers though.

Pretty normal for picks that late not to make the roster though. I'm no saying it should be a "hit" given that he didn't make it onto the 53, but clearly TT was right to think there was something there with him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Pretty normal for picks that late not to make the roster though. I'm no saying it should be a "hit" given that he didn't make it onto the 53, but clearly TT was right to think there was something there with him.

I´m not criticizing Thompson at all for a seventh round pick not making the roster as it´s pretty common for those players to end up being released during training camp.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UCLA CB Fabian Moreau

Love this kid! I'd love to get a good edge rusher to fall to us in the first and then grab Moreau in the second. That would be a successful draft.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fanspeak.com mocks

1. Jonathan Allen 6-3 294 Alabama de
2. Chris Wormley 6-5 297 Michigan de
3. Kevin King 6-3 192 washington cb
4. Joe Mixon 6-1 226 Oklahoma rb
5. Carroll Phillips 6-3 237 Illinois olb
5. Damorea Stringfellow 6-2 219 Mississippi wrote
6. Darius English 6-6 238 south Carolina olb
7. Ahkello Witherspoon 6-3 195 Colorado cb

D

Deleted member 6794

fanspeak.com mocks

1. Jonathan Allen 6-3 294 Alabama de
2. Chris Wormley 6-5 297 Michigan de
3. Kevin King 6-3 192 washington cb
4. Joe Mixon 6-1 226 Oklahoma rb
5. Carroll Phillips 6-3 237 Illinois olb
5. Damorea Stringfellow 6-2 219 Mississippi wrote
6. Darius English 6-6 238 south Carolina olb
7. Ahkello Witherspoon 6-3 195 Colorado cb

There's absolutely no chance Jonathan Allen drops to the 29th pick.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
DantesSpeak Mock:

1. M. Garrett, OLB, TAMU
2. M. Lattimore, CB, OSU
3. L. Fournette, RB, LSU
4. O. Howard, TE, UA
5. J. Allen, DL, UA
5. C. Davis, WR, WMU
6. F. Lamp, OL, WKU
7. R. Foster, ILB, UA