1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Draft Shopping List

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by PackerfaninCarolina, Oct 18, 2016.

1. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +262
    So here's who I'm putting on the Radar for picks in this very order to the Packers

1. Shock Linwood RB
    2. Tavarus McFadden CB (if he declares) or Teez Tabor CB
    3. John Ross WR
    4. DeMarcus Walker DE
    5. D'Onta Foreman RB
    6. Derrick Tindal CB
    7. Taj Williams WR or Auggie Sanchez LB

2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    And 6 weeks ago you'd have had a few ILBs and DLs in there. And in 6 weeks you will probably have maybe a QB or punter. You also totally ignored we don't have a competent TE on the field at the moment.

3. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +511
    Right now we need four 1st rounders at
    TE, RB, CB and O line
    Is this possible :eek:
    Seriously though, this is the time TT needs to make an exception and fill one of these positions outside of the draft.

4. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +262
    Linebackers come up every year for whatever reason, and I feel like with how well Blake Martinez and Jake Ryan are doing we oughtta consider a few more pressing matters. I've considered TE but these days .... they don't seem to be popping up in all that many impressive numbers. Although who knows, maybe TT will get his act together and look somewhere else besides the Pac-12 for such weapons. As to QB, well ... all the hot names out there (aka DeShaun Watson and Lamar Jackson) are not our type, and MM's type of guys seem to be disappearing these days. Although I might give Greg Ward Jr. a look. He's not that tall or big, but depending on how he throws at the combine I might still consider him because Tom Herman's offense seems kinda similar to MM's.

5. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    I wouldn't draft an RB so high, look for depth in rounds 3-4. Look for a CB or TE in rounds 1-2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Arthur Squires

Arthur Squires Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    Im thinking Kareem Hunt in the 3rd would be terrific! Solid RB who is vastly under rated.

7. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    The players and positions ATM aren't important. The point I was after was 6 weeks ago, our projected needs from our couch was different than it is now. 6 weeks from now it may be different or the same as it is now or as it was 6 weeks ago. Or maybe entirely different. One Ha-Ha tackle like Nick Collins. A Rodgers concussion or two. Another Guion / Pennel toking party. Lacy still living in a bottle. (Maybe he's been sharing Aaron's Scotch?)

8. ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +223
    I'm just going to throw some names out there that I would absolutely love on this team.

Tight Ends: Evan Engram is my absolute man crush. He's a hybrid WR/TE that would be an absolute mismatch nightmare in this offense. With that being said I would not have a problem if we drafted Butt or Howard either.

Running Backs: I really wish Joe Mixon was coming out this year and didn't have the character concerns. He'd be an absolute steal in a stacked running back class. I don't think we'll be able to touch Cook, but he's got all the skills. Foreman looks like a giant bowling ball. Chubb has really been slipping and if he doesn't return he might be a great value pick. Finally, I like the Elijah Hood kid as a mid round steal.

Corner Backs: There are so many good corners coming out this year. Some of my favorites include Tabor, King, Tankersley, and White.

Depending on when we pick and who the best available players are, I'd love to take any of these tight ends or corners in the first and then grab a running back later since the position is so stacked. There could be a good EDGE candidate there as well.