2017 Draft Shopping List

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So here's who I'm putting on the Radar for picks in this very order to the Packers

1. Shock Linwood RB
2. Tavarus McFadden CB (if he declares) or **** Tabor CB
3. John Ross WR
4. DeMarcus Walker DE
5. D'Onta Foreman RB
6. Derrick Tindal CB
7. Taj Williams WR or Auggie Sanchez LB

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So here's who I'm putting on the Radar for picks in this very order to the Packers

1. Shock Linwood RB
2. Tavarus McFadden CB (if he declares) or **** Tabor CB
3. John Ross WR
4. DeMarcus Walker DE
5. D'Onta Foreman RB
6. Derrick Tindal CB
7. Taj Williams WR or Auggie Sanchez LB
And 6 weeks ago you'd have had a few ILBs and DLs in there. And in 6 weeks you will probably have maybe a QB or punter. You also totally ignored we don't have a competent TE on the field at the moment.

Reaction score
Right now we need four 1st rounders at
TE, RB, CB and O line
Is this possible :eek:
Seriously though, this is the time TT needs to make an exception and fill one of these positions outside of the draft.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And 6 weeks ago you'd have had a few ILBs and DLs in there. And in 6 weeks you will probably have maybe a QB or punter. You also totally ignored we don't have a competent TE on the field at the moment.

Linebackers come up every year for whatever reason, and I feel like with how well Blake Martinez and Jake Ryan are doing we oughtta consider a few more pressing matters. I've considered TE but these days .... they don't seem to be popping up in all that many impressive numbers. Although who knows, maybe TT will get his act together and look somewhere else besides the Pac-12 for such weapons. As to QB, well ... all the hot names out there (aka DeShaun Watson and Lamar Jackson) are not our type, and MM's type of guys seem to be disappearing these days. Although I might give Greg Ward Jr. a look. He's not that tall or big, but depending on how he throws at the combine I might still consider him because Tom Herman's offense seems kinda similar to MM's.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't draft an RB so high, look for depth in rounds 3-4. Look for a CB or TE in rounds 1-2.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Linebackers come up every year for whatever reason, and I feel like with how well Blake Martinez and Jake Ryan are doing we oughtta consider a few more pressing matters. I've considered TE but these days .... they don't seem to be popping up in all that many impressive numbers. Although who knows, maybe TT will get his act together and look somewhere else besides the Pac-12 for such weapons. As to QB, well ... all the hot names out there (aka DeShaun Watson and Lamar Jackson) are not our type, and MM's type of guys seem to be disappearing these days. Although I might give Greg Ward Jr. a look. He's not that tall or big, but depending on how he throws at the combine I might still consider him because Tom Herman's offense seems kinda similar to MM's.
The players and positions ATM aren't important. The point I was after was 6 weeks ago, our projected needs from our couch was different than it is now. 6 weeks from now it may be different or the same as it is now or as it was 6 weeks ago. Or maybe entirely different. One Ha-Ha tackle like Nick Collins. A Rodgers concussion or two. Another Guion / Pennel toking party. Lacy still living in a bottle. (Maybe he's been sharing Aaron's Scotch?)

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just going to throw some names out there that I would absolutely love on this team.

Tight Ends: Evan Engram is my absolute man crush. He's a hybrid WR/TE that would be an absolute mismatch nightmare in this offense. With that being said I would not have a problem if we drafted Butt or Howard either.

Running Backs: I really wish Joe Mixon was coming out this year and didn't have the character concerns. He'd be an absolute steal in a stacked running back class. I don't think we'll be able to touch Cook, but he's got all the skills. Foreman looks like a giant bowling ball. Chubb has really been slipping and if he doesn't return he might be a great value pick. Finally, I like the Elijah Hood kid as a mid round steal.

Corner Backs: There are so many good corners coming out this year. Some of my favorites include Tabor, King, Tankersley, and White.

Depending on when we pick and who the best available players are, I'd love to take any of these tight ends or corners in the first and then grab a running back later since the position is so stacked. There could be a good EDGE candidate there as well.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm keeping my eye on edge rushers that they may have a shot at late in the first. Guys like Barnett, McKinley, Watt, and Lawson. In my opinion, revving up the pass rush should be the top priority.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm keeping my eye on edge rushers that they may have a shot at late in the first. Guys like Barnett, McKinley, Watt, and Lawson. In my opinion, revving up the pass rush should be the top priority.
I also would love Barnett but theres little chance he falls past say #20. McKinley is over hyped, Watt would be solid late 1st. I predict Lawson to go mid 2nd and be very good.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I also would love Barnett but theres little chance he falls past say #20. McKinley is over hyped, Watt would be solid late 1st. I predict Lawson to go mid 2nd and be very good.

Barnett very well could be long gone before he gets anywhere near the Packers' pick, but he's also not a freakish athlete, which makes him a candidate to get leap frogged late in the process when the testing numbers are coming in. Really, I agree with you, but there's enough of an outside shot that I'm going to watch him.

I have only watched one McKinley game-- against Utah and Garrett Bolles. He got the better of Bolles on a handful of occasions. He's pretty inconsistent in the running game, but he's got a nice first step and can bend.

I agree on Watt. I really like Lawson too. He's injury prone, but he can play like a canon ball when he's on. Watt might be a better compliment to a guy like Perry.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw a great Mock draft the other day. It was a 3 round draft and these were the picks.
1. Christian McCaffrey
2. T.J. Watt
3. Jake Butt

That would be amazing. Jake Butt is a guy to keep an eye on. Total stud TE but he blew his ACL in the damn bowl game. If Cook comes back this guy would be a great project.

Chris H

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw a great Mock draft the other day. It was a 3 round draft and these were the picks.
1. Christian McCaffrey
2. T.J. Watt
3. Jake Butt

That would be amazing. Jake Butt is a guy to keep an eye on. Total stud TE but he blew his ACL in the damn bowl game. If Cook comes back this guy would be a great project.
That what be awesome but I think the packers would have to go CB in first or 2 round unless TT goes out in free agency and get a good one

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Christian McCaffrey
2. T.J. Watt
3. Jake Butt

Its possible they all go round 1 maybe Butt falls to maybe 35! It would be great if we draft 1 of them though.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how many Pack fans still think we dont need to draft CB early? We need to draft an actual corner, a talented corner who plays corner not safety/corner, not converted basketball player to play corner. I would be ecstatic if we draft Desmond King or even Kevin King! There are 5-6 corners that would really help our team. We need to just draft at least 1!!!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You do know he was more of a safety in college right, we need a talented cover man!

Supposedly he was moved to safety in college cause he was needed more there. Many had Randle as the best "hybrid cover guy" in draft. The knock on him coming out was his tackling and physicality. He's been disaapointing in all phases to say the very least.

Not sure what the obsession is with TT and all these pac 12 guys. There soft.

I mean UCLA for example is where players go to get "soft" and TT has drafted two DL from there in first round. I think its safe to say Datone Jones is a bust..

Nick Perry finally amounted to something and he will cost a ton of money to keep around.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
There is a ton of defensive talent in the NFL that came out of the PAC 12. A couple swings and misses (Jones and Randall-- way too early to try and assess Clark) should in no way impact that way one views an entire conference. That's reductionist thinking.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There is a ton of defensive talent in the NFL that came out of the PAC 12. A couple swings and misses (Jones and Randall-- way too early to try and assess Clark) should in no way impact that way one views an entire conference. That's reductionist thinking.

Pac 12 has lots of talent at skill positions but a little thinner at front 7 guys that actually translate to NFL success latley. Its is what it is. We need more physicality and not sure the Pac 12 would be the first place to look for that.

Also we passed Jarran Reed to take Kenny Clark and Reed has already proved to be a keeper. I'm about as excited about Kenny Clark after his first year as I was Jones so thats not a positive trend.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I already know the guys I like.

1. Jabril Peppers Michigan (plug and play at corner) but can play all over the secondary.

2. Carlos Watkins DT Clemson (plug and play) Total disrupter inside and pushes pocket.

3. Jamaal Williams RB BYU (reminds me of Le'veon Bell)

4. T.J Watt LB Wisconsin (plug and play at OLB)

5. Darreus Rogers USC WR (good sized reciever with good hands) great mid round value.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I find Haason Red**** appealing as a multi-faceted weapon. He would be a WILL in the base set, but he would have a lot of utility regardless of how they're lining up. His burst makes him a great run and chase player in the running game and an effective blitzer. But he also has the skills and fluidity to be a real pass rusher in key situations. Additionally, he has plus cover skills. The total package kind of reminds me of Jamie Collins.

Latest posts