2017 Draft Shopping List

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I've had a hard time finding more than just the one 2016 game (Memphis) of Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston, but he's a guy I will be looking out for at the combine and watching as more games become available. If the Packers are looking for EDGE help after round 1, he's a guy that could be interesting. If they keep Perry, I think a guy with some speed rushing skills might be a nice compliment to add to the mix. He's a little light at 6'3" 240, but he's developing and could be eased in as a 50% snap count guy for passing downs. As I see more, I'll have a better idea of where he fits between the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CB is so deep this year. Did some fanspeak mock drafts and still got great picks (used fanspeak) around 2-4 rounds.

1. EDGE TACO CHARLTON
2. CB ADOREE' JACKSON
3. CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE
4. DL RYAN GLASGOW
5. RB JAMES CONNER
5. LB MATT MILANO
6. DL JOSH TUPOU
7. TE PHARAOH BROWN

A edge player is much needed, it could be Charlton or McKinley. some have Watt going first round. Rounds 2-4 needs to go to CB or TE. I don't know if Glasgow will fall to 4th but possibility. Conner will replace Lacy. Milano will bring speed to middle linebacker and dime packages.
rounds 6-7 is up for grabs. Idk if those players (Tupou and Brown) will go undrafted but I like their talent tho they have off field problems, their talent is undeniable.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^That's a nice draft man. Taco replaces Peppers , bring back Perry, hope Clay rebounds, and the pass rush can be in business. Also you gotta love the speed of Jackson. He can help from day 1 but we'll probably need a true number one coming from FA. If we sign a CB, then that 3rd Rounder could be DL and RB could be the 4th. Signing someone fills an immediate hole and then lets you draft higher round talent. It needs to be done

UCLA DE/OLB Takkarist McKinley (labrum/glenoid) said he will undergo shoulder surgery after performing a full workout at the NFL combine and expects to have a 5-6 month timetable for recovery. (Jason Cole)

Also saw this somewhere. I wonder if that would cause him to drop ? He was already a late 1st early 2nd projection. But either way, this should totally throw him out of the 1st round for us. No way can we afford to have a rookie with a limited offseason and maybe even miss game time.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching Milanos film vs Virginia Tech 2016.. Id have to change my mind on him.. He was horrible in that game.. The sample size is small but if he play like that in the pros he'd be on practice squad. Might even be undrafted if most his games looked like this.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread but this OT could use some highlighting!!
Harvard OT Max Rich (6'-7", 311 lbs). Draft Analysis write-up on his Pro Day, yesterday ~
"The Harvard Crimson has put a fair number of offensive players into the league recently, and tackle Max Rich is the next in line.

Fifteen teams were on hand to watch the big blocker who measured 6072 and 311 pounds and timed as low as 5.04s in the 40, 4.37s in the short shuttle and 7.16 in the three-cone. Rich completed 25 reps on the bench press, touched 30 inches in the vertical jump and reached 8-foot-9 in the broad jump.

All in all it was an exceptional workout for Rich, whose game film is solid."

** FYI ~ his 3 cone drill time & short shuttle would've been the BEST for Offensive Lineman had he been at the combine. Perspective... his 3 cone is .01 better than RB Wayne Gallman and .11 faster than Dalvin Cook! :).

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Any info (or ASU area fans) on Viliami Moeakiola? Only seen one game on him he looks like a sleeper pick, the kid can cover and tackle. Great tackling. Late round or FA pick up. Mold of new saftey/linebacker hybrid. Would like to see how he sheds off blocks.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So full disclosure, I really value testing numbers. Some people think they're worthless, but I've found that if you know which ones to value for which positions, you can really use them to your advantage and they can be quite predictive. This is not at the expense of tape, but along with it.

For EDGE prospects, I value two drills more than any other: the broad jump and the three cone. If a player can get a minimum in terms of size and then destroy those two drills, that's a great indicator.

So I was doing a little research on a set of criteria. Since 1999, only 6 EDGE prospects have shown up at the combine at 245+, jumped a 125"+ broad, and run a sub 6.9 three cone. 6 guys in 19 years of data.

Three of them are in this class. The previous three were Devin Taylor, Von Miller, and Connor Barwin.

In this class we have T.J. Watt, Jordan Willis, and Tyus Bowser. It's hard to overstate just how rare these guys are. Before they showed up, the combine was averaging one EDGE athlete of this caliber per every 6 seasons.

It would be stellar if the Packers could land one of them. The issue is that cornerback is the most pressing need and there's likely going to be worthy choices there at 29. None of these guys are making it to 61. Not with their traits. So you're talking about a trade scenario if you want both the corner, and one of these rare edge players. But any one of them would be excellent counterparts to a guy like Perry. They can drop, they have the movement skills to cover, they can explode, and they can bend.

Dang it I love pass rushers.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
So full disclosure, I really value testing numbers. Some people think they're worthless, but I've found that if you know which ones to value for which positions, you can really use them to your advantage and they can be quite predictive. This is not at the expense of tape, but along with it.

For EDGE prospects, I value two drills more than any other: the broad jump and the three cone. If a player can get a minimum in terms of size and then destroy those two drills, that's a great indicator.

So I was doing a little research on a set of criteria. Since 1999, only 6 EDGE prospects have shown up at the combine at 245+, jumped a 125"+ broad, and run a sub 6.9 three cone. 6 guys in 19 years of data.

Three of them are in this class. The previous three were Devin Taylor, Von Miller, and Connor Barwin.

In this class we have T.J. Watt, Jordan Willis, and Tyus Bowser. It's hard to overstate just how rare these guys are. Before they showed up, the combine was averaging one EDGE athlete of this caliber per every 6 seasons.

It would be stellar if the Packers could land one of them. The issue is that cornerback is the most pressing need and there's likely going to be worthy choices there at 29. None of these guys are making it to 61. Not with their traits. So you're talking about a trade scenario if you want both the corner, and one of these rare edge players. But any one of them would be excellent counterparts to a guy like Perry. They can drop, they have the movement skills to cover, they can explode, and they can bend.

Dang it I love pass rushers.
Watt seems like a very safe pick at 29. He obviously has great intangibles as well. I think he needs a year to gain size and strength but I think he would play a contributory role his rookie year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Watt seems like a very safe pick at 29. He obviously has great intangibles as well. I think he needs a year to gain size and strength but I think he would play a contributory role his rookie year.

Absolutely. You just have to weigh the opportunity cost of not taking a cornerback. It's going to come down to who's there.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely. You just have to weigh the opportunity cost of not taking a cornerback. It's going to come down to who's there.
What?!?! You're not comfortable with House, Randall, Rollins, Gunter, Hawkins & Waters? :cool:

Members online

Latest posts