2017 Draft Shopping List

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I find Haason Red**** appealing as a multi-faceted weapon. He would be a WILL in the base set, but he would have a lot of utility regardless of how they're lining up. His burst makes him a great run and chase player in the running game and an effective blitzer. But he also has the skills and fluidity to be a real pass rusher in key situations. Additionally, he has plus cover skills. The total package kind of reminds me of Jamie Collins.

I all in on Red****. I've posted about him earlier in another thread. He could just do so many different things within Capers scheme. He would be a shot of adrenaline for sure and they could line him up all over. He had a really good senior bowl. If TT pulled the trigger I'd be a happy camper.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
"First 5 Round Pre-Combine Mock"

Pick no. 29: Hasson Red**** OLB Temple

Pick no. 61: Carlos Watkins DT Clemson

Pick no. 93: Demontae Kazee CB
San Diego State

Pick no. 124: Jamaal Williams RB
BYU

Pick no. 156: Corn Elder CB
Miami

I think some of these guys would give us a chance. I'd be real happy.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I all in on Red****. I've posted about him earlier in another thread. He could just do so many different things within Capers scheme. He would be a shot of adrenaline for sure and they could line him up all over. He had a really good senior bowl. If TT pulled the trigger I'd be a happy camper.

Would it be fair to say you'd be a sanguine camper? Because we already have one of those.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

San Diego State

BYU

Miami

Sorry, but I don't think Corn is going to last that long. It would be awesome if he did, but I see him going before the third.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't think Corn is going to last that long. It would be awesome if he did, but I see him going before the third.

Ive seen Elder in some lower rounds on many mocks and hard to believe myself. I woul be happy if they got either Kazee or Elder and then of course bring in a guy comparable to Gilmore in free agency.

I think you gotta amass pass rush from every position group on d and while i really like TJ Watt I just see Red**** as someone that can do more for the defense. the defense has needed a player of his skill set for some time now

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score

San Diego State

BYU

Miami

Nice mock! I especially love the 3rd round pick, Kazee reminds me of Casey Hayward somewhat. If he lasts till the 3rd we would be happy campers. In the 2nd I hope we draft TE Bucky Hodges or Jake Butt if he falls there.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

San Diego State

BYU

Miami

I like the idea of a player like Red****, but I don't think he would be a base 3-4 OLB for the Packers at 6'1" 230, nor do I think they would/should ask him to add size (at least not as much size as he would need to play the edge). I think ideally he would be the WILL in the base set and be used as a utility weapon in sub packages. He did a nice job at the Sr. Bowl moving inside after being an edge player at Temple. He can fly to the ball from that spot and create negative plays. On pass downs he would be an asset, because he is capable dropping in coverage, blitzing from off the LOS, and rushing from the edge. I'd compare his projected usage to how the Pats used Jamie Collins.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I like the idea of a player like Red****, but I don't think he would be a base 3-4 OLB for the Packers at 6'1" 230, nor do I think they would/should ask him to add size (at least not as much size as he would need to play the edge). I think ideally he would be the WILL in the base set and be used as a utility weapon in sub packages. He did a nice job at the Sr. Bowl moving inside after being an edge player at Temple. He can fly to the ball from that spot and create negative plays. On pass downs he would be an asset, because he is capable dropping in coverage, blitzing from off the LOS, and rushing from the edge. I'd compare his projected usage to how the Pats used Jamie Collins.

He weighed in at the Senior Bowl at 6'1 and a half and 237Ibs which makes him a tad undersized in base sets outside and I see him being used the way you described as well. Packers ran a ton of snaps on D with just 1 ILB out there. I am also certain that having a talent like Red**** would allow Capers to do some new things from a personnel/Scheme stanpoint. Instinctively Red**** does some things you cant coach.

Yesterday I saw him being compared to Ryan Shazier. If Red****'s 40 time goes sub 4.5 at combine then he will fly by us on the board.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Nice mock! I especially love the 3rd round pick, Kazee reminds me of Casey Hayward somewhat. If he lasts till the 3still rd we would be happy campers. In the 2nd I hope we draft TE Bucky Hodges or Jake Butt if he falls there.

I think it would be great to get Hodges in 2nd. Unfortunatley i dont know if they will have the luxury to do so with all the other pressing needs on defense.

Depends on what they do in free agency

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
D'onta Foreman and Samaje Perine strike me as good options to compliment Montgomery in the backfield.

Perine would be a great btw the tackles change of pace to Montgomery. Foreman, on the other hand, could be something more. A la Lev Bell, I could see him cutting weight at the next level and shocking people. He is certainly powerful, but he's very agile for a 250 lb back. At 230-35, I think he could be special.

I'm not saying he would be as good as Bell, but he could similarly upgrade his game. Bell was good at MSU, but he played too heavy (and had lousy blocking). He was around 240. Now he plays at 225 and can do things you didn't see when he was with Sparty. If Foreman cut 15-20 pounds, I think his already impressive agility and cutting ability could turn into plus plus traits.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D'onta Foreman and Samaje Perine strike me as good options to compliment Montgomery in the backfield.

Perine would be a great btw the tackles change of pace to Montgomery. Foreman, on the other hand, could be something more. A la Lev Bell, I could see him cutting weight at the next level and shocking people. He is certainly powerful, but he's very agile for a 250 lb back. At 230-35, I think he could be special.

I'm not saying he would be as good as Bell, but he could similarly upgrade his game. Bell was good at MSU, but he played too heavy (and had lousy blocking). He was around 240. Now he plays at 225 and can do things you didn't see when he was with Sparty. If Foreman cut 15-20 pounds, I think his already impressive agility and cutting ability could turn into plus plus traits.
I watched acouple Foreman films and I'm not impressed. He constantly falls down on first contact. For somone 240+ I expect him to be running over people like Blount. Not impressed. If you YouTube D'onta Foreman Vs... you'll find acouple film sessions on him.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be great to get Hodges in 2nd. Unfortunatley i dont know if they will have the luxury to do so with all the other pressing needs on defense.

Depends on what they do in free agency
Hodges is raw talent. He drops a lot of catches on film and isn't asked to block much. He might fall late second but I think thats a reach. I'd get in him third.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Hodges is raw talent. He drops a lot of catches on film and isn't asked to block much. He might fall late second but I think thats a reach. I'd get in him third.

When I say second for us I am kinda saying 3rd by our draft position. Some teams could probably get Hodges in Second but probably not us.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I watched acouple Foreman films and I'm not impressed. He constantly falls down on first contact. For somone 240+ I expect him to be running over people like Blount. Not impressed. If you YouTube D'onta Foreman Vs... you'll find acouple film sessions on him.

I agree that Foreman fails to run through contact as often as you would expect from a 250 lb runner. However, it's not as though he never gets past the first guy. You can find some examples below.

Oklahoma: 4:02, 4:20, 4:47, 5:09, 5:45, 6:02
Oklahoma State: :12, :52, 1:04, 1:30 (he left this game early)
West Virginia: 1:22, 1:38, 9:24
Notre Dame: 4:00, 4:34, 5:03

His size certainly shows up now and then. But really, what you're highlighting kind of slantingly speaks to my point. He's built like a power back, but he doesn't really run like one. His lateral agility for his size is remarkable, and he's much quicker (in terms of start/stop) than you initially think. His vision is a plus trait. I think cutting weight would accentuate those skills without costing him much. And I will also say that there are instances I didn't time stamp where he outruns tackle attempts or makes guys miss. He's a very interesting prospect.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Foreman fails to run through contact as often as you would expect from a 250 lb runner. However, it's not as though he never gets past the first guy. You can find some examples below.

Oklahoma: 4:02, 4:20, 4:47, 5:09, 5:45, 6:02
Oklahoma State: :12, :52, 1:04, 1:30 (he left this game early)
West Virginia: 1:22, 1:38, 9:24
Notre Dame: 4:00, 4:34, 5:03

His size certainly shows up now and then. But really, what you're highlighting kind of slantingly speaks to my point. He's built like a power back, but he doesn't really run like one. His lateral agility for his size is remarkable, and he's much quicker (in terms of start/stop) than you initially think. His vision is a plus trait. I think cutting weight would accentuate those skills without costing him much. And I will also say that there are instances I didn't time stamp where he outruns tackle attempts or makes guys miss. He's a very interesting prospect.
I've never said he doesn't finish the runs. Just saying he needs to do it consistently being 240+ lbs as you stated. I agree with what you said. He's an interesting prospect. I have Alvin Kamara ranked slightly higher than him by a hair.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I've never said he doesn't finish the runs. Just saying he needs to do it consistently being 240+ lbs as you stated. I agree with what you said. He's an interesting prospect. I have Alvin Kamara ranked slightly higher than him by a hair.

I would certainly take Kamara before Foreman.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My complete draft shopping list would be preempted by first stopping at the Free Agent and trade markets and checking off a few high priority needs that we didn't fill by resigning some of of our current players or our current roster can't fill. Most notably, TE (resign Cook), CB and OLB.

Once I have made all efforts at those markets, I would start looking at draft prospects and start creating my draft shopping list based on the strongest pre-draft, pre-2017 roster I could assemble.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
John Ross could be available at the end of the first, which would be great if his medical check out.

Cooper Kupp could be another WR available at the end of the 2nd.

Jourdan Lewis, CB would be a great pick if he fell to the end of the second. Size seems to be his only weakness.

Ryan Anderson, OLB from Alabama could be available at the end of the second. Nothing special, but solid in all aspects and could start immediately.

Taywan Taylor is a slot WR likely to be available in the 4th or later. Cobb is good for his ball skills, but he's not getting open. Taylor has prototype slot quickness.

I've seen Kamara mocked to us in the 1st, and I think I'd be alright with that, given how good his hands are.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
John Ross could be available at the end of the first, which would be great if his medical check out.

Cooper Kupp could be another WR available at the end of the 2nd.

Jourdan Lewis, CB would be a great pick if he fell to the end of the second. Size seems to be his only weakness.

Ryan Anderson, OLB from Alabama could be available at the end of the second. Nothing special, but solid in all aspects and could start immediately.

Taywan Taylor is a slot WR likely to be available in the 4th or later. Cobb is good for his ball skills, but he's not getting open. Taylor has prototype slot quickness.

I've seen Kamara mocked to us in the 1st, and I think I'd be alright with that, given how good his hands are.

Unless the Packers do something at the CB and OLB positions via a trade or in free agency, using top picks on WR's would be frivolous towards the greater needs of the team IMO. Granted, I would LOVE to be in the position of being able to use our #1 on a weapon like Ross, or even better, Corey Davis. I just don't see the other positions of need allowing for TT being able to give AR another instant weapon at WR.