2010 Draft - Round 2, Pick 24, Overall Pick 56: Mike Neal

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we didnt pick tate cause we cant afford to spend 7 million dollars on a slot receiver. This guy is real strong against the run, my thoughts are that this pick means that Johnny Jolly is GONE. Since we picked up CJ.wilson in the 7th, these two will be fighting for the RE spot, since Raji, and Jenkins pretty much have their spots locked up.

In my opinion, one fo these guys, or even both of them neal&wilson, would be our eventual DE's with jenkins getting older and jolly drinking too much.
Actually, I've heard that he's average agaisnt the run, but his initial step is outstanding, making him a solid 3-4 DE pass rusher...

Reaction score
This guy adds depth at the ends for our 3-4 you think about it we really needed a DE our backup for jolly and Cullen was Justin Harell.!!!!!! So this he will be put in with those guys when they are tired and he adds depth. good pick I think

Bossfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Originally was not happy with this pick but now I can understand why TT took this guy. Was the best DE on the board at time and the Pack may have issues with Jolly and Harell. Great measurables and may bring some pass rush at left end. Very strong against the run and now Rhaji ands Pickens can rotate at nose. Jenkin and CJ Wilson may be a good rotation at right end. I am starting to like the way TT went in this draft...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as everyone keeps liking this pick more and more. I keep doubting it more and more. I keep looking for info on this guy and even though he seems he could be a solid player..........their were no doubt higher ranked DE, CB and OLB's available. I haven't had this much doubt since we picked Harrell a few years back. According to some of the articles I have read........Neal would have been available as far down as the 5th round.

Please TED.........tell us all you knew something no one else did.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he did look promising. DE needed depth not really a need but injuries can kill a season. TT knew that so he went the safe route. Everything worked out nicely in the end

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
So much potential... I keep hearing that but have yet to see much of it. Still got time to develop I suppose, and maybe the 'roids will help after a year. If nothing else he can put on some weight and TRY to stop the run

Members online

Latest posts